FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   China Southern EU261/2004 claim (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1961018-china-southern-eu261-2004-claim.html)

2P1 Mar 15, 2019 9:35 am

China Southern EU261/2004 claim

I need to initiate a claim for a delayed AMS-PEK flight, does anyone have a UK postal address for China Southern Airlines that I can send them a letter? I found the Heathrow Airport Room 4007 one on their website but reports I read online seem to say that letters and phone calls to that place go unanswered.

Thanks

ajeleonard Mar 15, 2019 9:40 am

You should initiate a claim with their customer service via website/call centre/email first. Only if you have made reasonable efforts to resolve the issue directly with them do you start the legal process. A court will take a dim view if you do not made any effort to resolve it.

2P1 Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am

I was intending to post a letter to their customer services department in the UK. I'm not initiating anything legal yet.

Yoshi212 Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm

You make the claim with the airline. They'll either accept it & pay or deny stating why. If they deny and you disagree you appeal and if they hold fast while you still feel in the right you make it a legal matter.

Trying to send a physical letter will only delay any action.

2P1 Mar 16, 2019 4:18 am

I am trying to find their UK address to send them a letter to make the initial claim...

Yoshi212 Mar 16, 2019 8:36 am

We get it. Doing it via physical mail is only adding time and the potential for errors to the process. The process is setup for online action. The CZ office in London is a ticketing office. Once received it will/should be sent on to the customer service center. You should bypass the middleman.

China Southern Ticketing Office, World Business Centre Two Newell Road, London Heathrow Airport Hounslow, Middlesex TW6 2SF, London, United Kingdom

Originally Posted by 2P1 (Post 30893453)
I am trying to find their UK address to send them a letter to make the initial claim...

NewbieRunner Mar 16, 2019 10:04 am

Welcome to Flyertalk, 2P1!

As others have suggested you should contact the airline by email to [email protected].

Also check this thread in the Other Asian Airlines forum.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...pensation.html

Im a new user Mar 16, 2019 10:50 am

It is my understanding that you have to sue in the country of departure or destination, in this case only the Netherlands as China is not an EU country. If you are trying to make initial contact, this probably means that you need to make initial contact in the Netherlands as well. Therefore, a UK address seems useless for your purposes.

2P1 Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks for the advice, will send it by email as suggested.

LondonElite Mar 17, 2019 1:57 am

What were the precise details of the delayed flight in question? That may shed some light on whether or not EC261 (not EU) applies.

2P1 Mar 22, 2019 8:27 am

I'm following up on this for closure and may help someone else in the future...

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thanks for your email.
First of all, we sincerely apologize for your inconvenient experience with our delayed flight on XX-XXX-2019 flight XX XXX, we totally understand the situation.
According to the regulation, we can offer you 600 euro per person as compensation. Before we start the procedure we need:
1 Completely fill the release declaration form attached with the signature (we suggest that you reply us with claim passenger’s own personal bank account information to avoid extra procedure).
2 copy of your passport
3 copy of your boarding pass
According to our bank regulation, we only can transfer EUR. The compensation transfer will be automatically considered in EURO. We do NOT accept other currency.
If you are not sure of the bank information, please double check with the bank. In the case the compensation is returned caused by the incorrect bank information, all the extra cost (incl. bank administration cost, return charge) will be charged by the passenger.
In the case the account holder and the claim passenger are not the same person, we need extra documents as below:
1. Copy of the passport for claim passenger (together with the signature page)
2. Copy of the passport for the account holder (together with the signature page)
3. Completely fill the authority form attached with the signature or copy of POWER OF ATTORNEY (can be your organization’s own similar document) signed by the passenger(the signature should match the passport)
Please scan all the related documents and email to [email]. Thanks for your cooperation.
On behalf of China Southern Airlines, we do apologize again for the inconvenience of this long delay.
We wish for you understanding in this matter, as well as that you are willing accept our genuine apology.
PS: Do NOT fill up attached form with hand writing, but please sign this form with the hand written signature (the signature should match the passport)and scan to us.
祝好/Best regards,
China Southern Airlines Amsterdam