Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Best airline to fly to asia to earn FF miles on cheap tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem Exec

My wife recently took a job in Hong Kong, I live in Seattle so we will both be traveling a lot between the two cities. Are there still airlines out there that earn FF miles based on the distance of the flight, or that I can credit to some other program at 100% miles? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exymer
My wife recently took a job in Hong Kong, I live in Seattle so we will both be traveling a lot between the two cities. Are there still airlines out there that earn FF miles based on the distance of the flight, or that I can credit to some other program at 100% miles? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Earning 100% on cheap fares is becoming a thing of the past. Low cost fares are tending to earn few ff miles, especially if not on your ffp’s own airline, but it depends on the ffp. Some economy fares do not earn 100% on any airline ffp. They can earn nil ff miles, even if flown on the airline of your ffp.

Have you looked at which airlines fly that route at a price, schedule and fare booking class that fits your requirements?
Note that on CX many low fares earning nil, even on CX Asiamiles ffp.

Anyway frequent flyer miles are not equal to earn or burn between ffp’s. 10,000 frequent flyer miles in 1 ffp may get you a longer award flight than 15,000 frequent flyer miles in another ffp. Each airline ffp has different rules for using (burning) those miles/points for awards and different copay/surcharge $$ fees. There are cash surcharges on award flights with some ffp’s/routes/airlines.

Look here
http://www.wheretocredit.com/
Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem Exec
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Earning 100% on cheap fares is becoming a thing of the past. Low cost fares are tending to earn few ff miles, especially if not on your ffp’s own airline, but it depends on the ffp. Some economy fares do not earn 100% on any airline ffp. They can earn nil ff miles, even if flown on the airline of your ffp.

Have you looked at which airlines fly that route at a price, schedule and fare booking class that fits your requirements?
Note that on CX many low fares earning nil, even on CX Asiamiles ffp.

Anyway frequent flyer miles are not equal to earn or burn between ffp’s. 10,000 frequent flyer miles in 1 ffp may get you a longer award flight than 15,000 frequent flyer miles in another ffp. Each airline ffp has different rules for using (burning) those miles/points for awards and different copay/surcharge $$ fees. There are cash surcharges on award flights with some ffp’s/routes/airlines.

Look here
http://www.wheretocredit.com/
Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Thank you, that is a great website. I appreciate the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.