FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Visa needed? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1869508-visa-needed.html)

drvannostren Sep 29, 2017 11:15 am

Visa needed?

Ok, I'm wondering if someone can clear this up for me. I've read some conflicting info.

I'm on a Canadian passport, transiting through DEL for 6 hours. Routing is CPH-DEL-BKK on Air India.

1) Do I need a visa?
2) If I do need a visa, can it be an e-visa, or better yet a visa on arrival?

I've seen info that indicates all entrants need a visa, but I've also found info regarding transit visas, but nothing that seemed direct/accurate enough for me to believe it 100%.

oliver2002 Sep 29, 2017 2:15 pm

If on a single ticket you don't need any visa to transit.

Keyser Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 28874143)
I've seen info that indicates all entrants need a visa

as oliver2002 states, you don't need a visa if you are on a single ticket....if not then either a transit visa or a e-visa would be required....

drvannostren Sep 29, 2017 4:17 pm

OK so I’ll offer up more info just rob be sure. I don’t wanna get to India and get sent home!

im on 2 one way tickets. Here they are. They’re on points if anyone is questioning the strange routing, I’m also trying to fly products I never have.

Ticket 1
YVR-SFO-CPH-DEL-BKK (all economy If that matters)

Ticket 2
BKK-KUL-SIN-ICN-LAX-YVR

Does they change anything? Also does anyone have a link to an officia govt site that I might be able to reference? What I saw was mostly from like...ILS or BLS something like that. It almost looked like a visa service site but this is part of why I’m asking. I didn’t trust it on it’s own or with the visa sites I looked on.

Keyser Sep 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 28875410)
OK so I’ll offer up more info just rob be sure. I don’t wanna get to India and get sent home!

im on 2 one way tickets. Here they are. They’re on points if anyone is questioning the strange routing, I’m also trying to fly products I never have.

Ticket 1
YVR-SFO-CPH-DEL-BKK (all economy If that matters)

Ticket 2
BKK-KUL-SIN-ICN-LAX-YVR

Does they change anything? Also does anyone have a link to an officia govt site that I might be able to reference? What I saw was mostly from like...ILS or BLS something like that. It almost looked like a visa service site but this is part of why I’m asking. I didn’t trust it on it’s own or with the visa sites I looked on.

this won't make a difference....as long as ticket 1 is one through ticket you won't require a visa to transit through del....

trooper Sep 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Be prepared for strange and lengthy transit procedures. Maybe its changed... but we transited BOM a few years ago...and with more than 2 hours...we only just got through in time....so much for a Lounge visit between flights!

Keyser Sep 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by trooper (Post 28875529)
Be prepared for strange and lengthy transit procedures. Maybe its changed... but we transited BOM a few years ago...and with more than 2 hours...we only just got through in time....so much for a Lounge visit between flights!

transited through bom a couple of days ago....took me less than 20 minutes from the time i stepped of the plane to the time i got to the lounge....

drvannostren Sep 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Yea, I've got like 6 hours, so I'm not too worried about the time. I was just really concerned when I found out I MIGHT need a visa. I'm usually on top of those things, but this one kinda slipped my mind.

But it sounds like I'm in the clear. Which is great news, cuz there'd only be about 4 business days where I could give up my passport.