GoI: No A380 Any Time Soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...oon-79082.aspx
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:45 pm

I don't like this attitude of GoI towards other airlines A380. If indian airlines do not have balls to be the first one to order A380, why scared of competition? If really they want to protect the Indian aviation industry, they can do it but then are they prepared for similar policies against Indian airlines from other countries in the future?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
kingfisher is supposed to get their first a380 in 5 years (provided they haven't gone bust by then)....i don't think the goi can keep a380s out of india for that long....lets see how long this lasts....
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DEL is pretty much the only airfield that can take the A380.All other airports lack facilities (apron, terminal, immigration etc). GoI is offended by the AI fiasco (cash flow, *A, 787 delivery etc etc) and is showing strength for whatever reason. EK/LH are just the vultures that are circling the corpse that is the indian international aviation sector and picking the best parts out. Both have no urge to fly A380 into India rightaway, they can wait a few months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.