FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Kingfisher through check-in question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/805012-kingfisher-through-check-question.html)

nwaflier Mar 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Kingfisher through check-in question

I have an upcoming trip to Hyderabad from Boston. I am traveling by NWA/KLM while going. Return journey is King Fisher Airlines from Hyd to Delhi and then KLM/NW from there.

Will King fisher airlines do a through check-in in HYD, so that i need not pick up my luggage in delhi while going from domestic to international terminal? If anyone has any info, please let me know.

hserus Mar 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Even if they through checkin you - you only get your boarding passes. Your luggage will only be tagged to DEL and you need to schlep it over from the domestic to the international terminal (most intl airlines including KL/NW should have greeters at the domestic airport to help provide transfer between the two terminals - which are quite far from each other).

That's because you'll undergo customs at DEL.

Originally Posted by nwaflier (Post 9463269)
I have an upcoming trip to Hyderabad from Boston. I am traveling by NWA/KLM while going. Return journey is King Fisher Airlines from Hyd to Delhi and then KLM/NW from there.

Will King fisher airlines do a through check-in in HYD, so that i need not pick up my luggage in delhi while going from domestic to international terminal? If anyone has any info, please let me know.

Yaatri Mar 28, 2008 4:32 am

Originally Posted by nwaflier (Post 9463269)

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 9464147)
Even if they through checkin you - you only get your boarding passes. Your luggage will only be tagged to DEL and you need to schlep it over from the domestic to the international terminal (most intl airlines including KL/NW should have greeters at the domestic airport to help provide transfer between the two terminals - which are quite far from each other).

That's because you'll undergo customs at DEL.

I believe the question pertained to the return trip. Even Indian Airlines and Air India have successfully through checked my bags to DCA when connecting with NW in BKK or BOM. I believe Kingfisher should be able to do that too in HYD. Customs should not be an issue on departing India.

hserus Mar 28, 2008 4:37 am

I have had mixed experiences .. 9W -- CO once had me pick up my bags at BOM domestic and transfer to BOM international

sbm12 Mar 28, 2008 3:39 pm

IT and KL/NW have a pretty decent relationship. They should be able to check the bags all the way through, especially if it is on a single ticket.

nwaflier Apr 1, 2008 7:52 am

Thanks for your replies.
I was inquiring for return trip only.

I hope they do through check in. I will let you all know after my trip.

Have a nice day.