Kingfisher through check-in question

Old Mar 25, 08, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Kingfisher through check-in question

I have an upcoming trip to Hyderabad from Boston. I am traveling by NWA/KLM while going. Return journey is King Fisher Airlines from Hyd to Delhi and then KLM/NW from there.

Will King fisher airlines do a through check-in in HYD, so that i need not pick up my luggage in delhi while going from domestic to international terminal? If anyone has any info, please let me know.
Old Mar 25, 08, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Even if they through checkin you - you only get your boarding passes. Your luggage will only be tagged to DEL and you need to schlep it over from the domestic to the international terminal (most intl airlines including KL/NW should have greeters at the domestic airport to help provide transfer between the two terminals - which are quite far from each other).

That's because you'll undergo customs at DEL.

Originally Posted by nwaflier View Post
I have an upcoming trip to Hyderabad from Boston. I am traveling by NWA/KLM while going. Return journey is King Fisher Airlines from Hyd to Delhi and then KLM/NW from there.

Will King fisher airlines do a through check-in in HYD, so that i need not pick up my luggage in delhi while going from domestic to international terminal? If anyone has any info, please let me know.
Old Mar 28, 08, 5:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nwaflier View Post

Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Even if they through checkin you - you only get your boarding passes. Your luggage will only be tagged to DEL and you need to schlep it over from the domestic to the international terminal (most intl airlines including KL/NW should have greeters at the domestic airport to help provide transfer between the two terminals - which are quite far from each other).

That's because you'll undergo customs at DEL.
I believe the question pertained to the return trip. Even Indian Airlines and Air India have successfully through checked my bags to DCA when connecting with NW in BKK or BOM. I believe Kingfisher should be able to do that too in HYD. Customs should not be an issue on departing India.
Old Mar 28, 08, 5:37 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
I have had mixed experiences .. 9W -- CO once had me pick up my bags at BOM domestic and transfer to BOM international
Old Mar 28, 08, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IT and KL/NW have a pretty decent relationship. They should be able to check the bags all the way through, especially if it is on a single ticket.
Old Apr 1, 08, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.
I was inquiring for return trip only.

I hope they do through check in. I will let you all know after my trip.

Have a nice day.

Search this Thread