Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

New AI FFP... it's almost here.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

Please note that flights taken from April 2nd 2024 onwards will accumulate benefits according to the new Flying Returns Program framework. We’re delighted to inform you of the upcoming enhancements to our Flying Returns Loyalty Program, set to be introduced on April 3rd 2024. This update is a part of our ongoing efforts to enrich your travel experience with Air India, offering a range of new features and privileges. In preparation for this exciting development, we will perform a
system upgrade on the night of April 2nd 2024. Consequently, your account will be temporarily inaccessible from
21:00 Hrs to 23:59 Hrs IST on this date
Above email from AI... and while there's a high chance of KLPD... I'm hoping that it is a competitive one!
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
PiperAtGatesofDawn and Anish like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Above email from AI... and while there's a high chance of KLPD... I'm hoping that it is a competitive one!
Hahaha haven't heard a more appropriate usage of KLPD in a long while..

On the positive side, I'm really hoping they price their India-US J nonstops in the 80-100k region with no fuel surcharge. It could become a competitive Axis Group B program in that case.

Last edited by Anish; Mar 29, 2024 at 2:07 pm
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:15 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
i'm just hoping you can earn FR points while flying Vistara.. bare minimum..
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by galaticos
i'm just hoping you can earn FR points while flying Vistara.. bare minimum..
What difference will it make... CV will convert to FR at merger. No idea about earning or conversion ratios to know which will be better.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:36 am

What difference will it make... CV will convert to FR at merger. No idea about earning or conversion ratios to know which will be better.
Star alliance status build through AI (have stopped crediting to UA).. always prefer flying vistara instead of AI - hence the selfish desire
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

And it is here... revenue based earning... some new tier names (TMC is gone)... some improved domestic Y redemption... *A bookings working including the ability to book SQ J.... but thanks to the idiotic old search engine... it still doesn't tell you which class you're booking... extend points validity with activity.

How will they get revenue details of all *A partner flights I don't know.

I assume people who were qualifying by the old method would get some leeway in qualifying this time around.

Yet to properly study the AI or *A charts... much of which might remain as is.

They really need to put more text detailing things on their website!
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Tiers are linked to revenue -

Silver - ₹2.5L including ₹75k on AI
Gold - ₹5L including ₹1.5L on AI
Plat - ₹7.5L including ₹2.25L on AI
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:09 pm

One round trip in business from the US could get me gold (if I couldn't get a web special fare)?

Fares are higher ex-US, of course.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Apr 3, 2024 at 12:02 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:51 pm

I never got any of the emails that others got. But I just checked my account.

Tier before = Maharaja Club
Tier now = Platinum

Tier validity before = 30 June 2024
Tier validity now = 31 March 2025

So basically, they extended my status for 9 months, which is nice I suppose.

But they re-set the counter to zero. Until yesterday, I was maybe 15,000 points short of renewing Maharaja Club for another year. However, now I'm at zero points, with 9 months to go from nothing to Platinum. This part seems not so nice.

Oh and upgrade vouchers have (finally) gone electronic. Though I haven't checked if they're transferable.

Last edited by jasepl; Apr 2, 2024 at 10:57 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasepl
But they re-set the counter to zero. Until yesterday, I was maybe 15,000 points short of renewing Maharaja Club for another year. However, now I'm at zero points, with 9 months to go from nothing to Platinum. This part seems not so nice.
Isn't it 1 year to qualify again?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Did they raise the number of miles required for business & first class redemption? It seems they have lowed the miles required for economy.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
Did they raise the number of miles required for business & first class redemption? It seems they have lowed the miles required for economy.
Yups.... they've followed UK's strategy. AI's a (kind of, sort of) decent program to credit to IFF you are looking at Y redemption only.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 3, 2024 at 3:34 am
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:54 am

still no credit for flying UK.. basic need not fulfilled

Last edited by galaticos; Apr 3, 2024 at 5:24 am
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yups.... they've followed UK's strategy. AI's a (kind of, sort of) decent program to credit to IFF you are looking at Y redemption only.
That's pretty much the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. Will stop crediting to AI going forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.