Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Will my Jet Airways flight be cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will my Jet Airways flight be cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Does anybody know if they been rebooking AMS/CDG pax on AF/KLM?
If you are on a AF or KL ticket absolutely. They’re both flying bigger planes to BOM and AF is also flying a 2nd plane to BOM.

Not sure if they’re picking up 9W ticketed pax. Maybe the 9W/AF/KL/DL partnership obliges them to but I’m not sure.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
If you are on a AF or KL ticket absolutely. They’re both flying bigger planes to BOM and AF is also flying a 2nd plane to BOM.

Not sure if they’re picking up 9W ticketed pax. Maybe the 9W/AF/KL/DL partnership obliges them to but I’m not sure.
Nope 9W ticket. I'm booked for AMS-BOM on 22nd April, what are my best options at the moment? Reached out a bunch of times to JetPrivilege over the course of last week to look for partner redemption tickets on KLM/AF at all different airports but no response at all.

Also do you think I would have any luck with a EU/261 claim?

Last edited by Anish; Apr 15, 2019 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Nope 9W ticket. I'm booked for AMS-BOM on 22nd April, what are my best options at the moment? Reached out a bunch of times to JetPrivilege over the course of last week to look for partner redemption tickets on KLM/AF at all different airports but no response at all.

Also do you think I would have any luck with a EU/261 claim?
JP has better finances than 9W so you could be in luck. 9W may take better care of you on your day of travel. It is almost guaranteed that 9W will not be flying to/from AMS in the near future.

EC261 absolutely will apply in your situation. However if the airline is no more then who knows what happens.

I would suggest you have a plan B in place.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Plan B is a JP Select redemption on EK for 130k JP miles in economy. Gonna try calling Jet tomorrow to see if they can rebook on KLM immediately.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
JP has better finances than 9W so you could be in luck. 9W may take better care of you on your day of travel. It is almost guaranteed that 9W will not be flying to/from AMS in the near future.

EC261 absolutely will apply in your situation. However if the airline is no more then who knows what happens.

EU compensation is paid for by the airline. If the airline is bankrupt, then they won't pay it
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:35 pm

Plan B is a JP Select redemption on EK for 130k JP miles in economy. Gonna try calling Jet tomorrow to see if they can rebook on KLM immediately.
good luck - I will be surprised if KL is still accepting bookings on 9W tickets

if EK still have seats, I would grab those
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:45 am

You run almost the same risks with your Plan B. Unless JP is alive at the time of your flight EK will not honour that ticket and even then might not.

Your Plan B should not involve a 589 ticket #.

You should perhaps purchase another ticket much closer to your planned day of travel but you should have your options ready.

BTW I think 9W will shut shop today.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 16, 2019 at 1:01 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:30 am

You run almost the same risks with your Plan B. Unless JP is alive at the time of your flight EK will not honour that ticket and even then might not.

Your Plan B should not involve a 589 ticket #.
Are these select seats ticketed with 589 stock? It seems like JP is buying them in cash like an OTA since the range of ticketing options available is across many carriers that aren't 9W partners and also ticket confirmation is instant unlike JP partners redemptions which take forever.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:26 am

Are these select seats ticketed with 589 stock? It seems like JP is buying them in cash like an OTA since the range of ticketing options available is across many carriers that aren't 9W partners and also ticket confirmation is instant unlike JP partners redemptions which take forever.
Perhaps. OTA settlements typically happen after you fly. Generally the money is not held by the OTA but by an intermediary. The risk you run is if EK feels they are not going to get paid they may cancel your ticket.

Also I noticed that the number of partners are becoming smaller. UA for instance is no longer available on a lot of dates I searched for, which were available earlier.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
So a friend has CPH-AMS-DEL booked on 9W stock, but KLM metal. If jet goes down, will KLM still fly her? The return is on jet metal and KLM metal, so that needs to be sorted out independently anyway.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by dipthought
So a friend has CPH-AMS-DEL booked on 9W stock, but KLM metal. If jet goes down, will KLM still fly her?
Very highly unlikely. You can expect the ticket to become memorabilia and nothing else.
Dhamal likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
What about redemption's made using JP Miles for non partner carriers. There are a whole bunch of them one can redeem on thru their site (but at ridiculous rates).
Would those be honored as well if 9W shuts shop ?
They also have an option to redeem for hotel rooms as well, again at sky high rates. But would those hotel bookings hold up, if Jet fails ?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Redemptions with 9W miles or tickets issued by 9W are unlikely to hold if 9W goes belly up - the actual carrier, hotel etc will not get paid if 9W fails so carriage, check-in at hotels is likely to denied. It is the same situation as if a TA is unable to pay - then the carrier, hotels etc will also cancel/refuse to perform their part of deal due to no prospects of being paid.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:59 am

I need advice on how to proceed regarding a reservation of JetAirways:
In january i bought some flights from Madrid (Spain) to Chennai with Jet Airways.
The original tickets were:
25/07/2019 - 9W 6779 - Jet Airways. From Madrid to Paris
25/07/2019 - 9W 127 - Jet Airways From Paris to Chennai
09/09/2019- 9W 128 - Jet Airways. From Chennai to Paris
09/09/2019- 9W 6775 - Jet Airways. From Paris to Madrid
Today I received an email from my travel agency saying the following
THE AIRLINE COMPANY MADE A SCHEDULE CHANGES IN YOUR ITINERARY.
PLEASE VERIFY THAT THE NEW FLIGHTS MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
WE INFORM YOU THAT IF YOU ACCEPT THE ALTERNATIVE, THIS ONE WILL BE CONFIRMED ACCORDING TO THE DEPARTURE DATE OF YOUR FLIGHTS.
IF YOU NEED AN URGENT RECOLATION PLEASE CONTACT DIRECTLY THE AIRLINE.
THANK YOU
And then I have the following itinerary Madrid-Paris-Mumbay-Chennai:
· 9W6779 (Jet Airways) MAD (Adolfo Suarez Barajas Arpt - Spain) / CDG (Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt - France) 25/07/2019 06h00
· 9W123 (Jet Airways) CDG (Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt - France) / BOM (Chhatrapati Shivaji - India) 25/07/2019 11h35
· 9W414 (Jet Airways) BOM (Chhatrapati Shivaji - India) / MAA (Chennai Arpt - India) 26/07/2019 08h40
· 9W462 (Jet Airways) MAA (Chennai Arpt - India) / BOM (Chhatrapati Shivaji - India) 08/09/2019 20h45
· 9W124 (Jet Airways) BOM (Chhatrapati Shivaji - India) / CDG (Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt - France) 09/09/2019 02h05
· 9W6775 (Jet Airways) CDG (Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt - France) / MAD (Adolfo Suarez Barajas Arpt - Spain) 09/09/2019 13h30
My questions are the following:
a. Is it realistic to expect that I will really be put into those flights? That would be the lesser evil, but it seems to me that it may happen that later on no carrier takes the responsibility of my ticket and I am left without flying.
b. Would you advice me to ask for a refund now? Buying a new ticket right now is considerably more expensive than what i paid for.
Thanks a lot for any advice
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:33 am

Well I would start by asking you what on earth possessed you to buy a 9W ticket in Jan for for travel in July & Sept! Given what 9W was going through then you had a very optimistic outlook or you just booked L1.

Now I'm confused about parts of your message... you booked through a TA? Why aren't they taking responsibility for your ticket? That's the job of the TA!

Anyways here's my take on your situation - if you booked through an OTA/large TA cancel your ticket immediately. There is very little chance 9W is going to be flying to Europe by July. If you booked through a large OTA/TA you have a better chance of getting a refund.

You anyways need to book a new ticket that much is certain. What's only left to chance and the gods is whether you'll get any refund. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.