Search

Pajamas in Jet Airways Premiere?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
Pajamas in Jet Airways Premiere?

I'm flying 9W in 3.5 weeks.
YYZ-AMS-BOM-DEL-AMS-YYZ all in Premiere.

Will there be pajamas issued for the long flights, 9W, 233, 231, and 234?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I got very nice PJs on BOM AMS in November.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
The do offer PJs on the night flights. Which means You will get it on YYZ-AMS and DEL-AMS.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
... as long as it wasn’t a victim of the cost cutting exercise.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 19, 2019 at 4:12 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
... as long as it wasn’t a victim of the cost cutting exercise.
they were still available as of a couple of weeks ago....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Oh I was kidding. I haven't heard them doing anything on the J/F side as yet.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

So they'll have them on the night flights. I may bring them onto the day flights to be comfortable.
Also, how big do they get in sizes?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I've always got them on request on day flights to/from YYZ/AMS/DEL as well. And occasionally on HKG-DEL on the 330 as well.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I've always got them on request on day flights to/from YYZ/AMS/DEL as well. And occasionally on HKG-DEL on the 330 as well.
I had this experience as well on AMS-BOM, which was a day flight, but I had to push for it and I was in F.
Basically, my inbound KLM to AMS was delayed so missed my 9w connection to BOM. No other connection from other cities was possible, so had to stay overnight. As luck would have been, wasn't carrying any change of clothes (new learning), so was pretty uncomfortable by the time I boarded the next day Flight to BOM.
Upon boarding the first thing I asked was pajamas. They said they don't give it in day flights 😡. I said if they could make an exception and they said there was none onboard. Then I had to tell her the story of my missed connection and stinking clothes and she had some sympathy. Or probably she thought it un-appealing to serve a badly stinking guy 😄. She said she will go and look in the other plane ( boarding was still going on) and ultimately got me an XL size piece. Have never been so happy wearing oversized clothes ever in my life. Though I doubt if she left the plane. Bottom line, I wouldn't have pushed so far if I wasn't so desperate.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Since I won't have a gripping tale of hardship to sway the FAs, I had better take them from the prior flight. Just so I can be comfortable.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
I'm just hoping 9W is still in business when I fly to AMS next week. Pyjamas will be a real bonus. 😊
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That was my sentiment in November... it felt weird. Knowing that the crew didn't receive salaries for months...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

How did the crew treat passengers?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:15 pm

Having flown more 9W in the past few weeks than I have in the past year or so. (Yes I'm doing my bit to keep them afloat. Are you?). I'm very glad to report that there has been no change in their attitude towards customers which is very commendable I must say.

I would be fuming and furious if I wasn't paid for months. I'm glad the 9W crew and staff are handling this so much better.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Having flown more 9W in the past few weeks than I have in the past year or so. (Yes I'm doing my bit to keep them afloat. Are you?).
Thought you were an AI / *A loyalist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.