Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Printing Air India boarding pass at gate or check in? (CDG, non-connected transfer)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Printing Air India boarding pass at gate or check in? (CDG, non-connected transfer)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2024, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Question Printing Air India boarding pass at gate or check in? (CDG, non-connected transfer)

I'm flying with AI this evening (CDG - DEL - SYD) and had a separate ticket with LH to CDG from MUC earlier in the day. I'm currently at the Star Alliance lounge at CDG (after security/passport control).

AI apparently won't or can't issue the boarding pass when checking in online, however I showed the check in confirmation when passing from Schengen to the non-Schengen area of T1 at CDG and they let me pass even though I didn't have the BP. I was also allowed entry into the *A lounge. Both places they told me to print the BP at the gate once it opens, so that's my plan. Unfortunately, there's no transfer desk at T1 CDG.

However, I would like to be sure that AI doesn't offload me unless I head out to the check-in desk and get the BP there 3 hours prior to the flight. Does anyone know if it's OK to do it at the gate, and if so when should I head there to print it? Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The checkin confirmation generated online is proof that you were checked in and you won't miss any deadline. They just want to see your travel documents before printing the boarding pass. If you are so concerned you could ask the lounge to call the handling agent to be assured again. They will/should have the contact number of the backoffice.

https://www.airindia.com/in/en/trave...de-gaulle.html
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
You probably got a message on the app while checking in that confirmed that you are checked in but will have to collect the BP at the airport. This is pretty normal when flying to or through India. They just want to check your documents to see if you are allowed entry to your final destination.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you both, that's very helpful. I'll just head to the gate then.

Any insights into when it's likely to get staffed (i.e. how long before departure)?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Probably around 7pm when the inbound aircraft lands?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vt-ano

I have had similar situations with AI in LHR & VIE where I reported about 1 hour before boarding at the gate to get my boarding pass and had them check if they received my bags which were checked thru in MUC.

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 22, 2024 at 8:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.