Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Indigo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
How is Indigo?

I have never been a lcc flyer (only flew once RyanAir LHR-EDI years ago) and the prospect of flying Indigo is quite unsettling for mrs. psyflyer. Maybe its because we are going to be traveling through India for a month or maybe because the combination of low cost carrier and India is frightening for some but I wanted to check-in with indian flyers on the reputation of Indigo (6E).

As of now we will be flying JAI-BOM on 6E and GOI-DEL also on 6E. Their timetables work well for us and the flights are non-stop which is also a plus in my book (in this case at least). I remind myself that lcc and legacy carriers in no way differ in terms of safety but perhaps in India they do? This is our first time to India and appreciate any suggestion.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:41 pm

Au contraire. Indigo is one of the best lc's in the Indian market. I have had very good experiences w them. Most of my expats colleagues prefer them as well.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by rsh913
Au contraire. Indigo is one of the best lc's in the Indian market. I have had very good experiences w them. Most of my expats colleagues prefer them as well.
+1.. indigo has one of the best ontime performance records among all airlines AFAIK.. they r quite decent and I would say they r between a lcc and a full fledged airline..nothing specfic to be afraid of I would say..
but again if u get something from Jet Airways ( and not jetlite) for a difference of 5-10% max, u can consider that , otherwise I would be happy with Indigo if it saves me money ..
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by psyflyer
flew once RyanAir LHR-EDI years ago
i feel so sorry for you....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i agree with what rsh913 & abhilife2001 said....indigo is actually a good airline....

while i have not flown indigo for a long time, my brother travels on it quite frequently....so do a lot of members of my firm....they are all very happy with the airline....
greggyfroggy likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by saad
i feel so sorry for you....
dont say this..
i hv tickets booked on this next week from BVA- CIA.. prices were more than 60% cheaper compared to the nearest other offer so took this..and I read that it will get us from point A to B but nothing more.. not that i expect anything more for the price I paid.. Eur 55 for 2 pax incl 1 checked bag for 15kgs ....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
dont say this..
i hv tickets booked on this next week from BVA- CIA.. prices were more than 60% cheaper compared to the nearest other offer so took this..and I read that it will get us from point A to B but nothing more.. not that i expect anything more for the price I paid.. Eur 55 for 2 pax incl 1 checked bag for 15kgs ....
i have bought ryanair tickets on 2 seperate occasions & they managed to screw me both times....i can't speak for anyone else but if i can help it then i would definitely not even touch them with a 10 foot pole....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:58 pm

i have bought ryanair tickets on 2 seperate occasions & they managed to screw me both times....i can't speak for anyone else but if i can help it then i would definitely not even touch them with a 10 foot pole....
hoping for the best..
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:04 am

Have no fear. Indigo is one of the few profitable airlines in India (my neighbor is their CFO) and they do not skimp on any of the important things (except maybe legroom).

Also, like most other Indian airlines, their aircraft are brand-new A320s. No worries from a mechanical standpoint. I would much rather fly them than SpiceJet if I had to fly an LCC.
greggyfroggy likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFW DL
I would much rather fly them than SpiceJet if I had to fly an LCC.
^^....no doubt about that....
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:45 pm

You've gotten plenty of good replies, but I'll throw mine in too... I flew the GOI-DEL route on Indigo a few months back and found it to be quite comparable with most domestic US airlines (which act like LCC's these days, though they charge more). The flight was on time, the aircraft was relatively new, and, at the time, they were one of the very few airlines capable of dealing with Delhi fog. I'll happily book them again the next time I'm in India.
Enjoy your trip!
greggyfroggy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
hoping for the best..
As this is OT did not post here.. but details here..
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...y-ryanair.html
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by DFW DL
Have no fear. Indigo is one of the few profitable airlines in India (my neighbor is their CFO) and they do not skimp on any of the important things (except maybe legroom).

Also, like most other Indian airlines, their aircraft are brand-new A320s. No worries from a mechanical standpoint. I would much rather fly them than SpiceJet if I had to fly an LCC.
And Indigo actually *has* a maintenance contract with the engine manufacturer of their aircraft (who have 2 engines pre-positioned at most of their airports if anything goes wrong, unlike Kingfisher!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
After Kingfisher and Jet, Indigo would be my 1st choice.

Seats are comfortable and leg space is also not bad. Love their veg sandwitches. ^
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by psyflyer
I have never been a lcc flyer (only flew once RyanAir LHR-EDI years ago) and the prospect of flying Indigo is quite unsettling for mrs. psyflyer. Maybe its because we are going to be traveling through India for a month or maybe because the combination of low cost carrier and India is frightening for some but I wanted to check-in with indian flyers on the reputation of Indigo (6E).

As of now we will be flying JAI-BOM on 6E and GOI-DEL also on 6E. Their timetables work well for us and the flights are non-stop which is also a plus in my book (in this case at least). I remind myself that lcc and legacy carriers in no way differ in terms of safety but perhaps in India they do? This is our first time to India and appreciate any suggestion.
I have flown Indigo on the BOM-MAA-Bom and BOM-HYD-Bom sectors everytime I am in India.
I think your fears are without basis.
Indigo is one of the better airlines in India with newer planes and great service.
Mostly the Indigo flights are on time.
Have heard their maintenence is first class.
So what is your worry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.