FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Air India KTM-DEL and DEL-BLR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1849336-air-india-ktm-del-del-blr.html)

anshjain Jun 21, 2017 4:38 am

Air India KTM-DEL and DEL-BLR

Hi

I am an Indian national and am about to travel to Nepal. On my return, I'm flying AI 214 KTM-DEL and AI 174 DEL-BLR. I am aware the latter is an international flight, so in this case will I go through immigration in DEL or BLR?

If the latter, will immigraton have a problem because I am flying in from Delhi on that flight and not from San Francisco, which is the origin of the flight?

Thanks,
Ansh

Bioflyer Jun 21, 2017 5:05 am

Your immigration would be at BLR - you wd hv both your bps at KTM and simply do a transit in DEL!

Keyser Jun 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by anshjain (Post 28468989)
Hi

I am an Indian national and am about to travel to Nepal. On my return, I'm flying AI 214 KTM-DEL and AI 174 DEL-BLR. I am aware the latter is an international flight, so in this case will I go through immigration in DEL or BLR?

If the latter, will immigraton have a problem because I am flying in from Delhi on that flight and not from San Francisco, which is the origin of the flight?

Thanks,
Ansh

immigration at blr & i don't see them having any problems because of the flight's origin....

anshjain Jun 22, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks for your replies.

anshjain Jun 25, 2017 12:06 am

Hey guys - just noticed that the day I'm flying - a Tuesday - there is no international connection on AI 174. Does this mean the flight will leave from the domestic terminal?

oliver2002 Jun 25, 2017 1:24 am

No any flight <399 is an international flight.

anshjain Jun 25, 2017 10:20 pm

OK great, thanks

kshastry Oct 17, 2019 3:32 am

If we are connecting in DEL to KTM from a domestic destination (both flights on AI, single ticket), and if there is a layover of say 6+ hours in between, is it required to go out of the terminal and re-enter again at a 3 hour mark? Is it possible to remain airside at International departure side?

Keyser Oct 17, 2019 3:46 am

Originally Posted by kshastry (Post 31637429)
If we are connecting in DEL to KTM from a domestic destination (both flights on AI, single ticket), and if there is a layover of say 6+ hours in between, is it required to go out of the terminal and re-enter again at a 3 hour mark? Is it possible to remain airside at International departure side?

typically you can connect from domestic to international without leaving the terminal....where does your domestic flight originate from????

kshastry Oct 17, 2019 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 31637450)
typically you can connect from domestic to international without leaving the terminal....where does your domestic flight originate from????

I am yet to book. It could be either from BLR or MAA depending on my calendar. They are going to be domestic flights (by flight number). So immigration will be at DEL. My worry is 6+ hour layover.

Keyser Oct 17, 2019 7:20 am

Originally Posted by kshastry (Post 31637899)
I am yet to book. It could be either from BLR or MAA depending on my calendar. They are going to be domestic flights (by flight number). So immigration will be at DEL. My worry is 6+ hour layover.

you will be allowed into the terminal....no worries....