Air India KTM-DEL and DEL-BLR

Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Air India KTM-DEL and DEL-BLR

Hi

I am an Indian national and am about to travel to Nepal. On my return, I'm flying AI 214 KTM-DEL and AI 174 DEL-BLR. I am aware the latter is an international flight, so in this case will I go through immigration in DEL or BLR?

If the latter, will immigraton have a problem because I am flying in from Delhi on that flight and not from San Francisco, which is the origin of the flight?

Thanks,
Ansh
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Blas..
Your immigration would be at BLR - you wd hv both your bps at KTM and simply do a transit in DEL!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by anshjain
Hi

I am an Indian national and am about to travel to Nepal. On my return, I'm flying AI 214 KTM-DEL and AI 174 DEL-BLR. I am aware the latter is an international flight, so in this case will I go through immigration in DEL or BLR?

If the latter, will immigraton have a problem because I am flying in from Delhi on that flight and not from San Francisco, which is the origin of the flight?

Thanks,
Ansh
immigration at blr & i don't see them having any problems because of the flight's origin....
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Hey guys - just noticed that the day I'm flying - a Tuesday - there is no international connection on AI 174. Does this mean the flight will leave from the domestic terminal?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No any flight <399 is an international flight.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

OK great, thanks
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:32 am

If we are connecting in DEL to KTM from a domestic destination (both flights on AI, single ticket), and if there is a layover of say 6+ hours in between, is it required to go out of the terminal and re-enter again at a 3 hour mark? Is it possible to remain airside at International departure side?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kshastry
If we are connecting in DEL to KTM from a domestic destination (both flights on AI, single ticket), and if there is a layover of say 6+ hours in between, is it required to go out of the terminal and re-enter again at a 3 hour mark? Is it possible to remain airside at International departure side?
typically you can connect from domestic to international without leaving the terminal....where does your domestic flight originate from????
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
typically you can connect from domestic to international without leaving the terminal....where does your domestic flight originate from????
I am yet to book. It could be either from BLR or MAA depending on my calendar. They are going to be domestic flights (by flight number). So immigration will be at DEL. My worry is 6+ hour layover.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kshastry
I am yet to book. It could be either from BLR or MAA depending on my calendar. They are going to be domestic flights (by flight number). So immigration will be at DEL. My worry is 6+ hour layover.
you will be allowed into the terminal....no worries....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.