Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SpiceJet- Reliability,reviews ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:47 am

Angry Spice Jet just a money making company. Not concerned about the Customer

I XXXXXX XXXXXX Aged 58 years old had on 1st August, 2014 booked 4 adult tickets and 1 infant for me and my family, for the date 24th October, 2014 from Kolkatta to Mumbai with Spice Jet vide Travel PNR No. XXXXXX and made a payment of Rs. 14,996/-.As soon as I booked the said tickets I realized that I have by human error booked tickets in the wrong sector as I was actually booking tickets from Mumbai to Kolkatta and not Kolkatta to Mumbai. This was nothing but a human error which could have been committed by any person. As I am not a tech savvy person and a senior citizen I am not used to making such transactions. As soon as I realized this error I made a call to Spice Jet customer care no. on 09871803333 and spoke to Mr. Mahesh and Mr. Ashok. They asked me to pay an amount of Rs. 6,000/- as a penalty and additional Rs. 14,000/- as a difference fare amount which comes to a total of Rs. 21,000/- which is much more amount than that I have paid and also explained him that even now if I book tickets from yatra or make my trip the tickets will only cost me 14,996/-. However , they stuck to their stand and asked me to write a mail on [email protected] with the issue for it to be reviewed by the higher authorities and assured me that I will receive a reply within 48 hours. I sent them a mail on 1st August, 2014.
However ,as I did not receive any revert from their end I again sent a mail on 4th August, 2014 and 11th August, 2014. But I did not receive any mail or phone call from Spice Jet till 13th August, 2014. Hence, I once again called the Spice Jet customer care and spoke to one Mr. Sayyed and informed him that I have sent three mails and have not received any mail. I requested him as well to try to address my issue as an amount of Rs. 14,996/- is a big amount and it was an human error. I in fact also requested them since my first call to them that they can refund my amount and that I shall again book tickets for 4 adult and 1infant from Mumbai to Koklatta with Spice Jet itself. However, my issue was not paid any heed and was again informed by Mr. Sayyed Haider that I will receive a call from them and that my issue will be addressed.
However, till date that I have not received any mail or phone call from Spice Jet till date. It has been more than 2 months. It has been very disappointing experience of having booked tickets with Spice Jet. It seems that Spice Jet is not bothered about common man’s issue and money and they are running business just for their profit purpose. I will never ever book my tickets again with Spice Jet and recommend each and everyone in my contact to never book tickets with Spice Jet.
How can one say tickets are non-refundable as I had booked tickets more then months in advance and immediately on booking it I informed them about the human error and asked them to deduct a minimal amount and refund the rest of the amount. The principal of non-refundable can only be applicable to last minute tickets as those tickets may not be booked by any body else and the airlines may incur losses on those tickets. This was a case two months prior to travel date and it is almost certain that those tickets once cancelled will be booked by some one else.
But Spice Jet dint care for anything of the above. It did not even bother to call me back even after writing 4 e-mails to them.
Extremely disappointing.

XXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by AJLondon; Oct 7, 2014 at 6:19 pm Reason: Mod action - removed name, phone numbers, emails etc
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:10 pm

SpiceMax is ........

I've been a frequent flyer with Spicejet airlines as it is a lowcost airlines and convenient flight timings which suit my travel needs. Ive been told about its good service to passengers and in their magazines they mention these customer experiences mostly.

Ive taken the economy class seats on most of my bookings with Spicejet and then upgraded to SpiceMax at the airport during checkin. They promise you Priority checkin, Extra legroom, complimentary meal & beverage, priority baggage delivery.

Well, let me tell you, this is not true! TOTALLY DISSATISFIED BEING SPICEMAX PASSENGER!

apart from extra legroom and complimentary meal & beverage, the rest is FALSE!

Even the complimentary meal & beverage is subject to availability. Its not like you get first preference to choose a meal. whenever they reach your seat, whatever is available, is offered to you.

Priority checkin doesnt happen since there is a long queue and no one cares if you are economy or SpiceMax passenger. On ALL occasions Ive never got my baggage first. Ive seen economy passengers take their bags and walk out and Ive recieved my bags later. Also twice I was carrying glassware and requested for FRAGILE sticker to be put on the bag, which I noticed upon delivery of the bag, the sticker was missing. Imagine how the bag must be manhandled!

Ive travelled twice to Bangkok from Goa. This flight is Goa- Kolkata via Mumbai and then Kolkata- Bangkok and same way return. On the return flight on 24th, the flight crew was tired and sleepy and not attentive to many guests. In fact one of the stewardess was rude to a passenger who didnt have space to keep his bag in the overhead bins. Ive personally not had a rude interaction with the crew but its not nice to see such an experience with other passengers too.

The windows of the airlines has almost always been stained from the outside as well as the inside. The housekeeping staff that comes in to check and clean the aircraft at Mumbai does a hasty negligent task.

Not a good experience with Spicejet and not a true low cost airlines for sure! Im not happy to upgrade to SpiceMax at all! They just take Rs.1000 for extra legroom and a free snack.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:46 am

Angry

Originally Posted by deltheking

So, how does SpiceJet do reliability & on time arrival performance wise? The only other option I have is Air India and I would never take it ! Any other airline should be better than Air India !!

Thanks.
DO NOT, DO NOT FLY WITH SPICE JET! I flew Delhi to Goa on 19 December 2016 and when my bag arrived it was open. I complained to SpiceJet ground staff and they took a photograph of the bag as it had arrived, clearly showing it had been opened in transit. They then asked me to check contents to see if anything was missing. I did so and there were a number of items missing. I asked for a written report and they flatly refused to give me one! I argued with them but they told me they could only provide a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) for missing bags!! They asked me to write a list of the missing items on a piece of paper that they took from me, advising that they would check with Delhi and call me. Luckily my companion took a photo of the list before we left the airport else I would have no evidence of this at all because I heard nothing more from them.

Returning to Delhi on 30 December - with a different airline - I went to the airport 2 hrs early so I could visit Spice Jet office and demand a PIR. I was told the manager was in a meeting - and he stayed in it for nearly 3 hrs before I eventually had to leave! I did at least manage to get the two SpiceJet staff members to come to us when I insisted they provided the photo of my opened bag which I copied to my phone.

The way I was treated was unbelievable, until I was shouting in frustration trying to get them to simply provide a PIR!. They continued to refuse. With hindsight I realise I should have reported this to the Goa police on 19 December so that at least I'd have a report for my insurance company - who are refusing to recompense me without a PIR! They do not accept that an airline would not have provided this if I had reported a loss to them!

Meanwhile, I have exchanged countless emails with SpiceJet Customer Service/Nodal - and written to SpiceJet owner Ajay Singh - who keep telling me they are investigating this matter - obviously they are NOT!

This is a dishonest airline and I would not recommend anyone to risk flying with them!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:25 am

Spicejet flights on-time always

This is my feeling on the Spicejet Review. I’d like to tell that I am a sort of family traveler and I usually travel not alone but along with my mother. She has completed over 56 years of age. Unfortunately, she suffers from Osteomalacia, which is a bone degenerating disease that consequently causes fragile bones.
Due to this, we stay cautious while she moves. So, thinking about our flight, Spicejet has been our only preference owing to its consistent performance against our needs and required assistance onboard and on the ground. It all has started on our first flight with Spicejet. We still remember its cabin crew, Priti that made our first flight a pleasant memory to uphold till now. For SpiceJet review, she makes an important acknowledgment as she provided generous support during our onboard journey and assisted my mother while reaching to seats and while deboarding the flight, too. At no point in time, we felt her as a stranger, she treated as if we are one family and my mother was utterly comforted by this. Similar sort of experiences has been in common flying Spicejet till date with the airliner. We truly admire this gesture from Spicejet.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:30 am

Spciejet flights are on-time

This is my feeling on the Spicejet Review. I’d like to tell that I am a sort of family traveler and I usually travel not alone but along with my mother. She has completed over 56 years of age. Unfortunately, she suffers from Osteomalacia, which is a bone degenerating disease that consequently causes fragile bones.
Due to this, we stay cautious while she moves. So, thinking about our flight, Spicejet has been our only preference owing to its consistent performance against our needs and required assistance onboard and on the ground. It all has started on our first flight with Spicejet. We still remember its cabin crew, Priti that made our first flight a pleasant memory to uphold till now. For SpiceJet review, she makes an important acknowledgment as she provided generous support during our onboard journey and assisted my mother while reaching to seats and while deboarding the flight, too. At no point in time, we felt her as a stranger, she treated as if we are one family and my mother was utterly comforted by this. Similar sort of experiences has been in common flying Spicejet till date with the airliner. We truly admire this gesture from Spicejet.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:36 am
Suspended

Flights are on-time always for SpiceJet

My view on jotting down a Spicejet Review. I saw a heavy rush during morning hours at Delhi airport, which is a common knowledge and most people will try & reach early to avoid any unwanted issues. However, nothing can prepare you for long queues and that too, Delhi crowd! However, I am amazed at the level-headedness and dexterity of the ground staff at airports. In this case, SpiceJet who manage such an unruly crowd so nonchalantly that gives the most seasoned customer care professionals goosebumps in their midsection. Within 10 mins I had my boarding pass and then ushered to the waiting coach whizzing past the security check. Kudos to Priyanka, the check-in counters executive and thank you to SpiceJet.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by adityapratapfb
I am sorry but nobody uses this type of flowery language other than probably an insider. The truth is that Spicejet is terrible at handling IRROPS and IRROPS happens often. Your best bet is to go with Indigo. It is the only reliable airline in my opinion.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by leonidas
I am sorry but nobody uses this type of flowery language other than probably an insider. The truth is that Spicejet is terrible at handling IRROPS and IRROPS happens often. Your best bet is to go with Indigo. It is the only reliable airline in my opinion.
but you have to love these first time posters trying to promote their airline or business under the guise of a customer....cracks me up every time....
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Kudos to Priyanaka and the whole SpiceJet team indeed... truly the world's best airline!

I'm not sure which hare brained marketing dept thinks that writing these kinds of posts really helps them in any way. And you see this kind of crap on so many forums like TripAdvisor etc. Who buys this sheeeet? Maybe the other employees at SpiceJet who generally prefer other airlines if not for the employee discount.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 9, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:12 am

Airliner Spicejet is ontime mostly

Spicejet offers Paneer Methi Malai I have ever had, second only to my mothers and definitely the best in the sky. The best part, if you order your meal in advance, you get a discount. fantastic meals on board. I pre-booked Paneer Methi Malai and honestly, this was the best
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
but you have to love these first time posters trying to promote their airline or business under the guise of a customer....cracks me up every time....
Here's another one !

Originally Posted by Upasanaheathrow
Spicejet offers Paneer Methi Malai I have ever had, second only to my mothers and definitely the best in the sky. The best part, if you order your meal in advance, you get a discount. fantastic meals on board. I pre-booked Paneer Methi Malai and honestly, this was the best
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by deovrat
Here's another one !
it doesn't make me want to fly the airline any more than it did earlier but i am getting a craving for paneer methi malai....
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Upasanaheathrow
Guys from Spicejet, you are not fooling anyone. Better to spend your time and energy actually running the airline than shill-posting on Flyertalk. Your posts are laughably fake.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leonidas
Guys from Spicejet, you are not fooling anyone. Better to spend your time and energy actually running the airline than shill-posting on Flyertalk. Your posts are laughably fake.
i doubt any of these guys will ever come back to this thread after making that one post....
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Hating SG a little more now.

Now if only they had someone proofread what was being posted. " Spicejet offers Paneer Methi Malai I have ever had "

Or maybe this is 6E's masterly campaign to make you dislike SG even more... all despite their specatulous panner methi malai!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.