FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1410969-jet-airways-co-brand-american-express-platinum-credit-card.html)

A2A Feb 11, 2013 11:50 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 20223704)
something strange happened: my first bill is yet to be generated, but on my first spend the 20k JP miles were showing in my amex account which would have been swept to JP account at some point of time. Now, this morning, the 20K seems to have gone away and only some stray miles (spend based) remain. checked my JP account, not there either.

these landed up in my JP account today with a date of 8 feb. sweet i say. now to figure out what is happening with the icici monkeys

678flyer Feb 16, 2013 9:14 am

Applied on Dec 1, received the card today. :mad:

josh4amit Feb 18, 2013 12:17 am

Same with me. Applied sometime in 2nd week of December, received the card on Feb 8. Now I am after them for 10K bonus JP miles.

A2A Feb 18, 2013 12:50 am

Originally Posted by josh4amit (Post 20268231)
Same with me. Applied sometime in 2nd week of December, received the card on Feb 8. Now I am after them for 10K bonus JP miles.

did they deny you the 10K miles? if not there is no reason to go after them, these credit as per fixed runs and not on an adhoc basis.

jasepl Feb 18, 2013 1:06 am

Okay, Jet need to stop texting me.

They sent me this for the third time today : "we would like to share the benefits regarding the New Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card. To know more, SMS bla bla bla"

(incorrect capitalisation Jet's, not mine)

The numerous emails hawking everything under the sun (except seats) I can ignore. But this texting needs to stop.

Keyser Feb 18, 2013 1:43 am

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 20268340)
Okay, Jet need to stop texting me.

They sent me this for the third time today : "we would like to share the benefits regarding the New Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card. To know more, SMS bla bla bla"

(incorrect capitalisation Jet's, not mine)

The numerous emails hawking everything under the sun (except seats) I can ignore. But this texting needs to stop.

poor you....:p

luckily no texts for me so far....

jasepl Feb 18, 2013 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 20268418)
poor you....:p

luckily no texts for me so far....

Yes, poor me!

Can you help me file for compensation, on account of torture, anguish, harassment etc etc? :)

Keyser Feb 18, 2013 2:12 am

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 20268425)
Yes, poor me!

Can you help me file for compensation, on account of torture, anguish, harassment etc etc? :)

no problem....anything to take these idiots to court....:D

jasepl Feb 18, 2013 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 20268487)
no problem....anything to take these idiots to court....:D

Thank you!

Now I also want to take the CBDT and BMC to court.

I just got a nastygram from one demanding to know why I hadn't paid advance tax this year though I had paid considerable advance tax in the past. Never mind the fact that I've already paid more advance tax this year than the total of my income tax in the last two years.

And the other one just sent an obscene property tax bill. Triple of what it was in the past, applied retroactively from 2010.

Keyser Feb 18, 2013 6:31 am

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 20268788)
Thank you!

Now I also want to take the CBDT and BMC to court.

I just got a nastygram from one demanding to know why I hadn't paid advance tax this year though I had paid considerable advance tax in the past. Never mind the fact that I've already paid more advance tax this year than the total of my income tax in the last two years.

And the other one just sent an obscene property tax bill. Triple of what it was in the past, applied retroactively from 2010.

you are not alone there....i just got a water bill this month for a little over inr 21k, when my normal bills are under inr 1k a month....of course they claim there is no mistake & this is how much i owe....so if they don't listen to reason then off to court we will go....

josh4amit Feb 18, 2013 7:16 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 20268305)
did they deny you the 10K miles? if not there is no reason to go after them, these credit as per fixed runs and not on an adhoc basis.

Dear A2A,

No they didn't deny me. In fact over the phone they have confirmed that if I have applied before Dec 25, I am entitled to 10K bonus JP miles. But since I have also recd a letter from Amex that they can't issue this card to me (which they did), I just wanted a confirmation of a timeline by which they would transfer these bonus miles. BTW they are yet to transfer 20K welcome miles to my JP account although, I can see them in my Amex account. Therefore, I am just following up on the same. Lets see when they respond!!!

nrocky Feb 18, 2013 8:07 am

Originally Posted by josh4amit (Post 20269300)
Dear A2A,

No they didn't deny me. In fact over the phone they have confirmed that if I have applied before Dec 25, I am entitled to 10K bonus JP miles. But since I have also recd a letter from Amex that they can't issue this card to me (which they did), I just wanted a confirmation of a timeline by which they would transfer these bonus miles. BTW they are yet to transfer 20K welcome miles to my JP account although, I can see them in my Amex account. Therefore, I am just following up on the same. Lets see when they respond!!!

Miles are transferred by Amex to your JP acct on a fixed day every month. Find out that day in respect of your card. It is 2nd of every month for me.

A2A Feb 18, 2013 9:08 am

Originally Posted by josh4amit (Post 20269300)
Dear A2A,

the day your first sweep will happen to your JP account, this will also be done. this is Amex, not kanda batata bank :p

jasepl Feb 18, 2013 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 20269109)
you are not alone there....i just got a water bill this month for a little over inr 21k, when my normal bills are under inr 1k a month....of course they claim there is no mistake & this is how much i owe....so if they don't listen to reason then off to court we will go....

Seriously.

What on earth is the lakhs of property tax for, if we're paying 21,000 for water and sewage, plus electricity, Jet AmEx fees (to pretend this reply is on topic!), road tax, tolls, temporary talpatri licenses, parking, pollution tax and what not on top of everything.

josh4amit Feb 20, 2013 5:41 am

Anyone received the list of Platinum Partners for this card. 20 miles per Rs.100 spent partners? The amex website gives list of platinum partners but does not specifically mention that the same partners are for Jet Amex Card.