FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1410969-jet-airways-co-brand-american-express-platinum-credit-card.html)

Keyser Feb 7, 2013 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 19913539)
got a letter from amex last week informing me that the kingfisher card is being discontinued & they will be moving me over to the amex plat travel card....or i could shift to the jet card for a reduced inr 7.5k fee....will call them when i am back in delhi next week to convert to the jet card....

so i had called amex last month to let them know i didn't want the plat travel card & they should shift my existing card to the jet card....i was told someone would get back to me within 3 days but no one did & i completely forgot about it as well....

a couple of days ago i received the plat travel card so i called amex & they said someone would come over later that day to get the jet card form filled up....did that yesterday so hopefully i should have the card later this month....

my apologies if this has been covered before but since i am choosing not to pay the inr 10k fee i understand i won't get the 20k miles....but is there anything else being offered as a joining promo????

A2A Feb 7, 2013 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 20203892)
so i had called amex last month to let them know i didn't want the plat travel card & they should shift my existing card to the jet card....i was told someone would get back to me within 3 days but no one did & i completely forgot about it as well....

a couple of days ago i received the plat travel card so i called amex & they said someone would come over later that day to get the jet card form filled up....did that yesterday so hopefully i should have the card later this month....

my apologies if this has been covered before but since i am choosing not to pay the inr 10k fee i understand i won't get the 20k miles....but is there anything else being offered as a joining promo????

miles (20k), a y o.w. ticket and a 25% discount voucher for J class (domestic)

ngblr Feb 8, 2013 3:51 am

Originally Posted by nrocky (Post 20195231)
Not yet.

Received 10K bonus JP miles today for application before 25th Dec

SuperFlyBoy Feb 8, 2013 3:56 am

Originally Posted by ngblr (Post 20208376)
Received 10K bonus JP miles today for application before 25th Dec

Same here!

bpbindaas Feb 8, 2013 3:59 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 20208390)
Same here!

ditto!

A2A Feb 8, 2013 4:47 am

10k miles have been received into the account.

josh4amit Feb 8, 2013 6:33 am

I presently hold the Amex Gold Charge card which I applied and received sometime in August/September 2012. Thereafter, in December 2012 (sometime in 2nd week) I applied for Jet Amex Plat Card and I received the acknowledgement from Amex representative that on issue of card i will be getting extra 10K JP miles.

Thereafter, I received a letter dated Jan 1, 2013 that since my Gold card is not more than 6 months old, as per policy of Amex, they would not be able to issue the Jet Amex Plat Card and I can re-apply once I complete 6 months with old card. Accordingly, although I retained this letter, I destroyed the acknowledgement I had received from Amex.

Now suddenly today I received the Jet Amex Plat Card with no news on bonus 10K miles. I called Amex Call Centre and the representative tells me I was entitled to 10K miles if I would have sent an SMS to Jet on a certain no and I will not get the 10K miles. On my repeated inquiries that why such stipulation was not informed in promotional material and why this was not informed to me while making the application, he didn't had any satisfactory reply. I told him that I received a written acknowledgement that the application is recd prior to Dec 25 and bonus 10K miles applies. Now he said he is referring matter to concerned department and I should receive a call from concerned dept. in 2-3 working days.

My issue is whether Jet Amex Card with 20K miles makes sense, considering its fee of Rs. 10K? I already have an offer of getting the Jet HDFC card for free. My expenses on the card is not likely to go beyond 2L per year as I already have 3 other cards (Citi PM, Amex Gold and HDFC Visa Signature).

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions

A2A Feb 8, 2013 6:39 am

Originally Posted by josh4amit (Post 20208911)
I presently hold the Amex Gold Charge card which I applied and received sometime in August/September 2012. Thereafter, in December 2012 (sometime in 2nd week) I applied for Jet Amex Plat Card and I received the acknowledgement from Amex representative that on issue of card i will be getting extra 10K JP miles.

Thereafter, I received a letter dated Jan 1, 2013 that since my Gold card is not more than 6 months old, as per policy of Amex, they would not be able to issue the Jet Amex Plat Card and I can re-apply once I complete 6 months with old card. Accordingly, although I retained this letter, I destroyed the acknowledgement I had received from Amex.

Now suddenly today I received the Jet Amex Plat Card with no news on bonus 10K miles. I called Amex Call Centre and the representative tells me I was entitled to 10K miles if I would have sent an SMS to Jet on a certain no and I will not get the 10K miles. On my repeated inquiries that why such stipulation was not informed in promotional material and why this was not informed to me while making the application, he didn't had any satisfactory reply. I told him that I received a written acknowledgement that the application is recd prior to Dec 25 and bonus 10K miles applies. Now he said he is referring matter to concerned department and I should receive a call from concerned dept. in 2-3 working days.

My issue is whether Jet Amex Card with 20K miles makes sense, considering its fee of Rs. 10K? I already have an offer of getting the Jet HDFC card for free. My expenses on the card is not likely to go beyond 2L per year as I already have 3 other cards (Citi PM, Amex Gold and HDFC Visa Signature).

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions

if you got this with the original application made before 25 dec, 2012, you will get the miles sooner than later. give it a few days. if you just received the card you perhaps are not on the list which got sent to 9w the first time around. if you don't still get it 45 days down the line, there is a problem. then it is worth discussing with amex.

and don't worry, amex is amicable in these things and are not in a hurry to bill you the fee on day 1 itself.

josh4amit Feb 8, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks AJ for quick revert.

The amex guy confirmed that i can cancel the card anytime even after they bill and they would not charge me if I do not retain the card. My only query is (assuming Amex does not given me 10K bonus miles) whether Jet Amex Card with 20K miles makes sense, considering its fee of Rs. 10K? I already have an offer of getting the Jet HDFC card for free. My expenses on the card is not likely to go beyond 2L per year as I already have 3 other cards (Citi PM, Amex Gold and HDFC Visa Signature).

A2A Feb 8, 2013 7:24 am

Originally Posted by josh4amit (Post 20209032)
Thanks AJ for quick revert.

The amex guy confirmed that i can cancel the card anytime even after they bill and they would not charge me if I do not retain the card. My only query is (assuming Amex does not given me 10K bonus miles) whether Jet Amex Card with 20K miles makes sense, considering its fee of Rs. 10K? I already have an offer of getting the Jet HDFC card for free. My expenses on the card is not likely to go beyond 2L per year as I already have 3 other cards (Citi PM, Amex Gold and HDFC Visa Signature).

like I always say, it depends on how much your spends are and how much value you attach to your miles accumulation. ;) i note you don't have any jet cards in your wallet, and if you want, you also have the option to go for hdfc or icici. icici has the best point award structure at the moment, but is a pain in the backside to deal with given their errors on this product. if you have the heart to deal with them, go for icici.

given you have amex in the bag now, amex is giving you a lot more soft benefits as well such as unlimited amex lounge trips in del and bom, visa assistance, and they generally do a good job with promotions as well so i would expect a promo sooner than later to hit the shores. and not to forget 6 miles per 100, instead of the 4 per 100 on hdfc bank. hdfc has built up a lot of stupid rules around the product such as no miles for <150 rs transactions which i don't like.

nrocky Feb 8, 2013 10:07 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 20208542)
10k miles have been received into the account.

Ditto

A2A Feb 10, 2013 10:31 pm

something strange happened: my first bill is yet to be generated, but on my first spend the 20k JP miles were showing in my amex account which would have been swept to JP account at some point of time. Now, this morning, the 20K seems to have gone away and only some stray miles (spend based) remain. checked my JP account, not there either.

paragbmehta Feb 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 20223704)
something strange happened: my first bill is yet to be generated, but on my first spend the 20k JP miles were showing in my amex account which would have been swept to JP account at some point of time. Now, this morning, the 20K seems to have gone away and only some stray miles (spend based) remain. checked my JP account, not there either.

Guessing some monkey from ICICI or HDFC Jet department might have got an offer to join AmEx and is continuing the good work in Amex :p

A2A Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by paragbmehta (Post 20223730)
Guessing some monkey from ICICI or HDFC Jet department might have got an offer to join AmEx and is continuing the good work in Amex :p

i cracked up reading that!

jasepl Feb 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by paragbmehta (Post 20223730)

Hahah! The monkey probably cut his teeth in Jet's customer service department and then honed his culenessness to perfection at HDFC/ICICI!