Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Indian government has approves to deliveries the 787-8 Dreamliner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Great news! Finally! Indian government has received approves to deliveries the 787-8 Dreamliner.

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...ner-deliveries

Finally! Air India will have 3 or 4 787-8 to joins the fleet.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Give it six hours and the government will deny it citing that the minister was speaking without approval and that the matter has been referred back to the 28 different committees for reconsideration before final implementation of the turnaround plan in order to move towards an world class and swanky Air India.......blah blah.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
to the 28 different committees
i thought there were 32....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by Keyser
i thought there were 32....
Naah you guys got it all wrong, don't exaggerate it's 24 one for each hour of the day. This is directly reported by my sources within the government as PVDtoDEL will say ;-)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:27 am

Actually, you're all correct.

My neighbour's sister's husband's boyfriend's coworker's daughter-in-law works in housekeeping at Kalina, which makes her as reliable as thet come.

She confirmed that there are 24 committees. But four of those have to give their approval twice as the proposal makes its way up. So that's 28 committees. Another four committees have to give their approval twice as the proposal makes its way back under the carpet. So that makes 32 committees.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by jasepl
Actually, you're all correct.

neighbour's sister's husband's boyfriend's coworker's daughter-in-law
Who...sorry I lost track.....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by DELANRDFW
Who...sorry I lost track.....
Hahah... Not your fault; it's complicated. And top-secret too, so I can't just name names, can I?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
My neighbour's sister's husband's boyfriend's coworker's daughter-in-law works in housekeeping at Kalina, which makes her as reliable as thet come.
Does your neighbour's sister know her husband has a boyfriend?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Anish
I think its cool, Supreme Court Ok'd it not very long ago.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Ops! Busted!

Hahah!

I think its cool, Supreme Court Ok'd it not very long ago.
Cool that man had boyfriend? Of course. Not that we needed the Supreme Court to pass judgement to arrive at that conclusion.

But cool that married man is cheating on his wife? Let's leave it to them to figure it out
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:49 am

Ops! Busted!

Hahah!

Cool that man had boyfriend? Of course. Not that we needed the Supreme Court to pass judgement to arrive at that conclusion.

But cool that married man is cheating on his wife? Let's leave it to them to figure it out
I was just commenting on legal ground and who knows what kind of lifestyle they enjoy, may be an open marriage...let the speculations fly
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Hi. Travel Journo by profession, long time lurker. My first post on FT!

According to my sources in the airline, MoCA is putting pressure on airline management to swallow false pride and settle with Boeing within one fortnight so 787's can be inducted. MoCA threatening to hold back promised funds if it doesnt happen.

i think AI managers should settle with boeing and accept compensation no?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:56 am

I was just commenting on legal ground and who knows what kind of lifestyle they enjoy, may be an open marriage...let the speculations fly
That's true; it's entirely between the woman and the man and the other man.

What is not a private matter, however, is AI and all their assorted nonsense.

Air India and their imaginary passengers making imaginary payments for seats on the (so far) imaginary 787s flown by imaginary pilots resulting in yet another all too real bheekh payment by the taxpayers.

Should be criminal.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by ashishp
Hi. Travel Journo by profession, long time lurker. My first post on FT!

According to my sources in the airline, MoCA is putting pressure on airline management to swallow false pride and settle with Boeing within one fortnight so 787's can be inducted. MoCA threatening to hold back promised funds if it doesnt happen.

i think AI managers should settle with boeing and accept compensation no?
Welcome to FT!

Since you are in the profession, then you must know by now that anything you hear whether official source or confidential source about AI is not true unless you see it in practice. Having said that I reserve my judgement till I actually see it happening.

I'm sorry to say but Indian Bureaucrats lack negotiation skills especially when they know nothing is coming to their pockets.

Jasepl is right this should be marked as criminal activity for wasting taxpayers funds (the compensation and also anticipated revenues due to late delivery) due to lack of leadership skills.

OK now I can go to bed....vented enough about AI.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Welcome to FT!

Since you are in the profession, then you must know by now that anything you hear whether official source or confidential source about AI is not true unless you see it in practice.
Cant comment on that!

but apparently those fellows are working on MoCA imposed deadline and not too happy about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.