Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet please fix your partner redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

It takes 3 days after filling in a online form to get a silly email from them and that too is not even the route that you requested.

Check out this routing map! Come on there is no frequently used airports on it. They haven't even got London or New York on the chart!

Its annoying having to fill in a form and then only get a email to say that you can't book it. KLM and AF European services are operated by their subsidiaries. If the rest of the Airline industry can book a award on them why can't Jet??

Honestly Jet please sort it out.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
You still have to fill these forms? Precious award seats can be lost in the meanwhile. I dunno how many flights I would have missed if American carriers did this. These seats sometime disappear in the blinking of an eye. QR still does. Even worse, there is no place to enter the flight# you want. They respond with the earliest flight available in the day. Then one has to send an email to request another flight.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Fan
You still have to fill these forms? Precious award seats can be lost in the meanwhile. I dunno how many flights I would have missed if American carriers did this. These seats sometime disappear in the blinking of an eye. QR still does. Even worse, there is no place to enter the flight# you want. They respond with the earliest flight available in the day. Then one has to send an email to request another flight.
Yes you still need to fill them and it takes them ages to get back to you. I asked for MCO-NYC-BRU redemption and they reply back saying

We wish to inform you that currently we do not have a partnership with Continental Airways, hence we will be unable to make the booking for Orlando - Newark sector on Continental Airways.

Kindly note that award bookings are largely driven by the inventory management practices followed by the respective airlines and therefore confirmation of seats on our partner airlines is beyond our control.

Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Do mention your JetPrivilege number and membership tier in the subject line, in your future correspondence.

Yours sincerely,
For Jet Airways (India) Ltd
...!!!!

Why can't they check. What makes it harder is that there is no dedicated telephone number so you can actually tell them what to look for as the muppets they have working for them don't have the knowledge to actually proactively look for a connection themselves.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
Yes you still need to fill them and it takes them ages to get back to you. I asked for MCO-NYC-BRU redemption and they reply back saying

...!!!!

Why can't they check. What makes it harder is that there is no dedicated telephone number so you can actually tell them what to look for as the muppets they have working for them don't have the knowledge to actually proactively look for a connection themselves.

Unacceptable. I would have invested in QR but due this procedure I stopped. Once it was a real nightmare trying to miles redeposited.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lallyr
i have run into this problem a number of times with jet....i just call them & ask to be transferred to the partner redemption agent who sent me the email....if i have any problems then i ask for a supervisor....then i tell the supervisor that the partner redemption department has sent me a wrong reply & i need to talk to them....i have been put through to someone in partner redemption every single time....i know its a frustrating process but it gets the job done in the end....
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: 9W Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
i have run into this problem a number of times with jet....i just call them & ask to be transferred to the partner redemption agent who sent me the email....if i have any problems then i ask for a supervisor....then i tell the supervisor that the partner redemption department has sent me a wrong reply & i need to talk to them....i have been put through to someone in partner redemption every single time....i know its a frustrating process but it gets the job done in the end....
You're very patient. Most of us would have chewed off the phone by then!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by indialogue
You're very patient. Most of us would have chewed off the phone by then!
at the end of the day, you can either chew off the phone or show a little patience & get the job done....i would go for the later all the time....
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

at the end of the day, you can either chew off the phone or show a little patience & get the job done....i would go for the later all the time....
I replied to their email 2 days back and in that time that Jet seats have now vanished. All I needed was a US sector followed by Jet Trans con.

No reply from them still.

I love this part

Kindly note that award bookings are largely driven by the inventory management practices followed by the respective airlines and therefore confirmation of seats on our partner airlines is beyond our control.
More the reason that you should reply back to the customer within a few hours!!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In addition to this song and dance does 9W make you sign documents authorizing the awards and provide passport copies like at QR?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
In addition to this song and dance does 9W make you sign documents authorizing the awards and provide passport copies like at QR?
no documents have to be signed but you do have to provide passport copies....
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Seriously, I have given up on Jet - makes me love LH even more - athough LH's biz hard product is not as good as Jet's...

I'm even banking spends on LH's card - worth more in my eyes!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:03 pm

no documents have to be signed but you do have to provide passport copies....
This is for partner redemptions right?

They wanted all kinds of things to be emailed and printed and signed and faxed. Not just the passport.

For the payment, they emailed a form, that had to be printed, filled out, signed, scanned and then emailed back.

As if we were still in 1984.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am actually gonna ticket this one and see how long it takes their way. So now 3 days till I sent them a email and no reply.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasepl
This is for partner redemptions right?

They wanted all kinds of things to be emailed and printed and signed and faxed. Not just the passport.

For the payment, they emailed a form, that had to be printed, filled out, signed, scanned and then emailed back.

As if we were still in 1984.
i just booked a bunch of partner redemption seats in the last 4-5 weeks....only had to send in passport copies....nothing else had to be emailed, printed, signed or faxed....
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

After their last silly reply I sent the following email

Please advise the best way your company can get me from MCO to EWR followed by Jet to BRU and then to UK.
This has got the be the worst reply so far. What do they not understand by JET to Brussles from Newark????

This is with reference to your travel request

As per our agreement with the Partner Airlines, bookings can be made only on those flights which are purely operated by our Partner Airlines. Whilst we agree that American Airlines are our Partner Airlines, the flights operating on the Orlando to UK sectors are marketed by American Airlines, and operated by British Airways. Hence we are unable to make the booking on the codeshare flights.
You what???? I clearly told them Jet across the pond!

I am gonna get this one done. Be it if it takes 20 emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.