FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   OT: Please register on FlightMemory (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1253683-ot-please-register-flightmemory.html)

indialogue Aug 30, 2011 8:40 am

OT: Please register on FlightMemory

Dear India forum members, requesting you to please setup an account on FlightMemory if you haven't already. If we cross more than 200 registrations from India, they will create a India-specific map for us who travel domestically.

Please do sign up....PFA email from FlightMemory on my request to include an India map in their website:

At the moment, we are receiving many queries for country-maps/continental maps from all over the world. As we need to find a solution for all queries about maps - here is our democratic proposal:

Once we have 200 users from a country, we will create a country map - until then, we hope you can help us get more users from your country by using the "invite"-function on the site.

indialogue, we can only ask you for your patience - we know the "dilemma" but at the same time, we are way too small to solve everything very quickly and our maps are all self developed so one of us needs to sit down for each map and we are just two people running this site.
This said, I am sure, we will soon find a solution for India.

Thank you for supporting FlightMemory!

Whizkid Aug 30, 2011 10:46 am

I'm already in FM, Is there a way to consolidate all the User IDs and send a consolidated request?

indialogue Aug 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Why not consolidate here?

I'm happy to send across the list of all users from India to FM. Starting off..
  1. indialogue
  2. josethilak
  3. Keyser
  4. Anish
  5. a2a
  6. rajitmathur
  7. GuyFromBOM
  8. kshastry
  9. Nomdeplume
  10. aniruddh77
  11. snod08
  12. 678flyer
  13. savneet
  14. ginger1970
  15. oxymoron
  16. optimusflyimus
  17. kanwkwal

Keyser Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by indialogue (Post 17023644)
I'm happy to send across the list of all users from India to FM.

sign me up....

Anish Aug 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Just signed up.. Same user ID as the one on FlyerTalk :)

Whizkid Aug 31, 2011 12:07 am

Originally Posted by indialogue (Post 17023644)
I'm happy to send across the list of all users from India to FM. Starting off..
  1. indialogue
  2. Whizkid

FT handle: josethilak

indialogue Aug 31, 2011 12:17 am

Updating..come on members! Am sure if you have a FM account, that you are also a member of this forum (maybe not vice-versa)

A2A Aug 31, 2011 2:32 am

I am there also, with my username being a2a

rajitmathur Aug 31, 2011 9:25 am

My handle on FlightMemory is rajitmathur

indialogue Sep 1, 2011 5:08 am

Upto 6. Getting to 200 is going to take a while I see. Please ask your friends and family to register as well!

GuyFromBOM Sep 3, 2011 2:48 am

Originally Posted by indialogue (Post 17034564)
Upto 6. Getting to 200 is going to take a while I see. Please ask your friends and family to register as well!

My ID on FM is: GuyFromBOM.
I did use FM for quite some time, but their lack of regional maps & loads of ads made me switch to other sites...

OpenFlights.org is good, but I prefer FlightDiary.net , you can view my history here: flightdiary.net/GuyFromBOM

indialogue Sep 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM (Post 17046691)
My ID on FM is: GuyFromBOM.
I did use FM for quite some time, but their lack of regional maps & loads of ads made me switch to other sites...

OpenFlights.org is good, but I prefer FlightDiary.net , you can view my history here: flightdiary.net/GuyFromBOM

Flightdairy is really nice but I have over 90 flights stored in Flightmemory :( Wish there was an easy way to export from FM into FD. Any ideas?

GuyFromBOM Sep 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by indialogue (Post 17096498)
Flightdairy is really nice but I have over 90 flights stored in Flightmemory :( Wish there was an easy way to export from FM into FD. Any ideas?

As of now, FD does not allow importing directly from FM.

But, here is the best alternative to manually feeding all the info:

1. Created a new account with both- OpenFlights & FlightDiary.
2. Using the 'Import' option on OF, get the data from your FlightMemory A/c to the new OF A/c.
3. Repeat the same procedure in FlightDiary, except you will now import from OF.

In short: FM >> OF >> FD
You may use all 3 and then decide which is the best database as per your liking.

GuyFromBOM Sep 12, 2011 9:48 pm

While we are at it, could someone kindly help me set my FlightDiary banner as a 'Signature' on FT. I have been looking for options out here, but don't know how to enable the Signature.

snod08 Sep 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I already have an FM....same user name snod08 as on FT