Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Air India major srike!

full story here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/sou...a/10160255.stm

Quote:
Thousands of Air India passengers have been stranded after a strike by staff in protest at an alleged ban on them speaking about Saturday's air crash.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
It's over now (the engineers/ground staff strike)....will take 2 days to regroup, says the top guy...

Btw, the reports I heard were that the ground staff and engineers strike had nothing to do about a ban on speaking about the crash.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
The whole thing gives me the impression that AI is not very different from the CPI commies. Wonder how *A is going to put up with this bunch of nutcases.
Old May 28, 2010, 2:34 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
The whole thing gives me the impression that AI is not very different from the CPI commies. Wonder how *A is going to put up with this bunch of nutcases.
I don'T support the CPI BUT BUT these things are now happenning regularly even in Europe
do we hv any answers to BA regular strikes, the french and italian folks strinking whenever they feel like, the LH pilots (of all ppl) threatning to strike..

Wht I mean to say is tht each country has its problems ( even these most developed ones).. We in india always point towards the CPI, but I can safely say tht most if not all parties do this..(remember mamata's trinamool and the nano fiasco in bengal).. CPI has done it mostly, but now everyone does it.. and WE ALL HATE THIS.. I hate it in europe and I hate it in India..

I was born and brought up in a city rules by the cpi and they hv clearly made huge mistakes, but am I then naive enuf to think someone else coming to power will change things dramatically..I hope it will but I dont think it will
Old May 28, 2010, 2:42 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Nevertheless, you should have seen the red flags with the crescent and the yoke, being waved around by the union employees...enough to convince me that the CPI is involved. Also, no coincidence that some of the logos and flags used by the INTUC and CITU have the same symbols on them. And as is widely known, CITU has strong CPI affiliations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CITU in case you doubt it !)
Old May 28, 2010, 2:57 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Nevertheless, you should have seen the red flags with the crescent and the yoke, being waved around by the union employees...enough to convince me that the CPI is involved. Also, no coincidence that some of the logos and flags used by the INTUC and CITU have the same symbols on them. And as is widely known, CITU has strong CPI affiliations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CITU in case you doubt it !)
wht i meant to say was it is cpi now (because these unions got affilated to it before Trinamool or others were there).. if cpi was not there, there would be some other political party.. wht i mean is these things r bad and we need to blame all political parties for this.. not only 1 single political party..don't want to get this into a political discussion, but its evident tht all pol parties try to get the unions to back them.. see taxi unions for eg.. each city has multiple taxi unions affilated to separate pol parties.. who do u blame then..
fact is there is a problem, and the company management needs to solve these things fast and this is the case world over .. lets not just blame one party for our problems IMHO..
Old May 28, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
AI finally found itself some backbone and sacked the union leaders, derecognized two unions that called the strike. Two down, several dozen more unions to go. Let's see how Prakash Carrot etc like that.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
don't know if it was the strike or not, but i had a lot of problems on my del-maa flight on the 28th....seems like they only had 2 bus drivers & about 3-4 flights leaving around the same time....so these 2 drivers were trying to get all the passengers of these 3-4 flights on to the flight around the same time....it took over an hour for everyone to board my flight....

like i said before, don't know if it was the strike or regular air india mismanagement....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.