Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

MAJOR RN website redesign - starting with Midwest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAJOR RN website redesign - starting with Midwest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:20 am
Original Member

VIP status and new site

I sent an email to customer non-service about the poor search and lifetime miles and got a standard non-reply reply.

Another thing that is a problem is the site shows "Dines to VIP membership" as 0 when I have at least 17 this year .
Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Originally Posted by billhallNY
Another thing that is a problem is the site shows "Dines to VIP membership" as 0 when I have at least 17 this year .
'Dines to VIP membership" is a countdown, isn't it? "0" means you're VIP already.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by Science Drone
'Dines to VIP membership" is a countdown, isn't it? "0" means you're VIP already.
It has to be... I was at "1" when I had 11 dines in the books, and once my magical 12th posted it went to "0".
Old Jul 8, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Science Drone
Though if you were to be picky, you might want to send an e-mail to RN and give them a basic lesson in English It should read "Remaining dines needed for VIP membership."
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:29 am
Original Member

Great... I assumed it was a total for the year...so 1 more thing working on the new site. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I give the new AA redesign a big fail.

I was in NYC, a hotbed for iDine this week. How many of their places did I successfully make it to? 2.

Reason #1: I did not research fully all of the places because I tried to enter a proper address search: 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY, 10011
Response.... no places match your criteria within 15 miles. Really?
Try doing it just by zip code... 180 places... but the map for this is no where near Penn Plaza because it is based off the post office location for that zip. Same thing happened with my hotel.

Reason #2: I enjoyed a nice dinner using OpenTable instead... then decided I might squeeze in a couple bar hops for a round or two at the nearest bars/clubs. No problem, hop on my blackberry... dial up the address for RN... javascript exception, failure. So much for earning a thousand miles or two on a whim on a Tuesday night.

Resolution... if anyone from RN is watching: Get mobile to work, and get your address database back. Until then, I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out how to earn points with you.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 8:51 am

atx, I figured out how to get the address to work. If you try to type any address into the search box, it doesn't work. For whatever reason, you can only do city,state or zip from there. But you can have saved addresses in your profile, and those work!

At the home page, look at your Account Snapshot and click Update Account Information >>. In the second column are Saved Addresses. You probably already have a few there, but edit one, put in "2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10011", and save it. Click on Home, and use the pull-down on the Search By field. Select your saved NY address, and when the results come back, zoom in on the little map and you'll see that the center dot is right on the building behind MSG, exactly where Google Maps put the address.

Pain in the a$s, yes. Mobile ready, no. But you can get address capability.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exactly! That works pretty well, as does the sort function.

Some of the rest, well... what's the statement, big hat but no cattle? And if they do not add a mobile site, they will find themselves with many frustrated (or fewer!) diners, given the ever-growing prevalence of mobi-phone products with browsing capability (even AA figured that one out early on.)

Originally Posted by martinp13
<snip>

Pain in the a$s, yes. Mobile ready, no. But you can get address capability.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JDiver
Exactly! That works pretty well, as does the sort function.

Some of the rest, well... what's the statement, big hat but no cattle? And if they do not add a mobile site, they will find themselves with many frustrated (or fewer!) diners, given the ever-growing prevalence of mobi-phone products with browsing capability (even AA figured that one out early on.)
How about RN should "watch the forest, not the tree"

Mobile web search is clearly the way things are going - I hope RN figures this out soon.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
... what's the statement, big hat but no cattle?
I've typically heard "all hat, no cattle", but close enough!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by martinp13
I've typically heard "all hat, no cattle", but close enough!
Yes, you are correct... All Hat... no cattle.

Thanks for the tip on the saved search....ridiculous that this is what it takes to make a functional website. I just started using a mobile site for entering my golf scores while still on the course, mobile.oobgolf.com if only the search functionality for that site could be used on RN!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
...ridiculous that this is what it takes to make a functional website.
Heh, you should have seen the look on my face when it worked! I just happened to see the pulldown on the "City, State" text box, and there was my home address. I selected it and the search went through just like I wanted. From there, it was just a matter of figuring out how to add addresses to the list. I think the method I described was "the long way around"... probably there's a shorter way.

And maybe they'll soon just let me type the address in the box, and add it to the list.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
Is anyone else having trouble rating dines? I am with AAdvantage and have 3 dines I cannot rate. I get a funky message. Anyone else??
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Absolutely! I had to log off, log back on and select the dine to rate from my Rewards list; that one "took," which I wanted to assure for the extra miles. I also sent an e-mail with the information and message I received, but I have not heard anything.

Originally Posted by boilers
Is anyone else having trouble rating dines? I am with AAdvantage and have 3 dines I cannot rate. I get a funky message. Anyone else??
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:33 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
As requested via email, I changed my security question/word. Then, I was able to once again rate my dines. To think I almost deleted three dines worth of ratings (w that 5 mile bonus)!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.