Search

AAdvantage Dining "Sweeten the Deal" Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AAdvantage Dining "Sweeten the Deal" Bonus

"Register now for the Sweeten the Deal Bonus. Spend $200 dining at program restaurants through December 31, 2011 and complete your dining reviews within 30 days of each visit to earn 3 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles on top of the AAdvantageŽ miles you already earn for dining. That's an additional 600 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles!"

Link to signup page (note Terms and Conditions below for possible reasons one might nnot be able to successfully sign up.)

Terms and Conditions:

"Satisfy your sweet tooth for AAdvantageŽ miles by enjoying more meals at program restaurants. Dine your way to $200 by the end of the year and you'll earn an additional 3 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles for each of those dollars.

Here's how to earn your extra 3 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles per dollar:
1 Register for the Sweeten the Deal Bonus*
2 Spend $200 dining at program restaurants through 12/31/11
3 Complete your reviews within 30 days of dining
*SWEETEN THE DEAL BONUS DETAILS
This bonus offer is by invitation only for existing AAdvantage DiningSM Online and/or VIP Members. To qualify, you must register for the Sweeten the Deal Bonus through the links on this page and remain opted in to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus of an additional 3 AAdvantageŽ miles per dollar you must spend at least $200 in any combination of dines at participating restaurants, bars or clubs by December 31, 2011. You must also complete your dining review(s) within 30 days of dining. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. A maximum of 600 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles may be earned with this bonus. Offer is not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses. Please allow 4–6 weeks from December 31, 2011 for any bonus benefits to post to your AAdvantageŽ account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by February 28, 2012.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit www.aa.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply."
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Certainly not very sweet, but I'll take a paltry bonus over no bonus. Plus it's my Mom's birthday next week so I can take her out to lunch to get started on the way to $200.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
"Register now for the Sweeten the Deal Bonus. Spend $200 dining at program restaurants through December 31, 2011 and complete your dining reviews within 30 days of each visit to earn 3 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles on top of the AAdvantageŽ miles you already earn for dining. That's an additional 600 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles!"
No, that's just your verison of the bonus. If you had read the Promos thread, you would have noticed that different people are getting different variations on it.

In my case, $75 spend for 225 bonus miles.

(But in my case, I collect with 3 airlines that have this promo, and in all three of them I got the $75, so I can actually get 675 miles combined, though it's not fair to consider 225 AA or UA miles and 225 DL miles as being the same unit of currency. )
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, that's just your verison of the bonus. If you had read the Promos thread, you would have noticed that different people are getting different variations on it.

In my case, $75 spend for 225 bonus miles.

(But in my case, I collect with 3 airlines that have this promo, and in all three of them I got the $75, so I can actually get 675 miles combined, though it's not fair to consider 225 AA or UA miles and 225 DL miles as being the same unit of currency. )
Checking through my emails, you're right. My offer is $125 for for 375 miles.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:30 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by CMK10
Checking through my emails, you're right. My offer is $125 for for 375 miles.
Have we Idine-ites devolved to the point where we think of 375 miles as a bonus? Times iz hard, to be sure.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Lame... even though I am a VIP member, I am not eligible for this bonus.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
Have we Idine-ites devolved to the point where we think of 375 miles as a bonus? Times iz hard, to be sure.
It's enough of a bonus to get me to switch which airlines I'm earning on with each dine to make sure I don't go beyond this bonus on ones I care less about. It's just enough of a bonus to make me register for it and then do cheap dines I would do anyway toward it. (I'm getting tired of having to have all my dines be $10+ because of the re-T&C's UA Months of Miles promo (being the only bonus for any airline up to now). Now these promos get me something at AA and DL on cheap dines while I continue to do $10+ dines on UA (to get 500 bonus miles on the UA side for every 4 dines).

It's also just enough of a bonus to make it more worthwhile for me to go to my favorite once-a-monthers multiple times per month (each time with a different airline that's giving me this "Sweeten the Deal" bonus.

But I don't see why I would get excited about this bonus if I only collected with one airline. For me it's a 675 mile bonus (spread across 3 airlines).
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
It's enough of a bonus to get me to switch which airlines I'm earning on with each dine to make sure I don't go beyond this bonus on ones I care less about. It's just enough of a bonus to make me register for it and then do cheap dines I would do anyway toward it. (I'm getting tired of having to have all my dines be $10+ because of the re-T&C's UA Months of Miles promo (being the only bonus for any airline up to now). Now these promos get me something at AA and DL on cheap dines while I continue to do $10+ dines on UA (to get 500 bonus miles on the UA side for every 4 dines).

It's also just enough of a bonus to make it more worthwhile for me to go to my favorite once-a-monthers multiple times per month (each time with a different airline that's giving me this "Sweeten the Deal" bonus.

But I don't see why I would get excited about this bonus if I only collected with one airline. For me it's a 675 mile bonus (spread across 3 airlines).
I too have multiple airlines, and respectfully, I have to say it's just enough of a bonus to make me yawn. If I had not yet made VIP in my primary programs, it would be a little something extra to aim for as part of my march toward 11 dines, but it's definitely not enough to make me go out and dine just to get the bonus.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob12403
I too have multiple airlines, and respectfully, I have to say it's just enough of a bonus to make me yawn. If I had not yet made VIP in my primary programs, it would be a little something extra to aim for as part of my march toward 11 dines, but it's definitely not enough to make me go out and dine just to get the bonus.
Indeed, even with this bonus, I am continuing to use it only when I need to dine out "naturally". In my case, that's mostly because I stay in hotels at least 3 nights a week most weeks, and need to eat somewhere, and participating restaurants are all around, so might as well eat there.

This bonus will not make me increase either my number of dines or the cost of the dines over what it would be without this bonus. It will only make me change which card I pull out (to split my "natural" dines in the coming two months between airlines, so as to earn the bonus on 2 or 3 of them rather than just 1 of them).
Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Indeed, even with this bonus, I am continuing to use it only when I need to dine out "naturally". In my case, that's mostly because I stay in hotels at least 3 nights a week most weeks, and need to eat somewhere, and participating restaurants are all around, so might as well eat there.

This bonus will not make me increase either my number of dines or the cost of the dines over what it would be without this bonus. It will only make me change which card I pull out (to split my "natural" dines in the coming two months between airlines, so as to earn the bonus on 2 or 3 of them rather than just 1 of them).
Totally agree. If the point of these promos is to increase the volume of dines and/or the dollars spent, I don't see how you do that by setting a high minimum spend in exchange for a fairly low amount of bonus miles.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I got the $125 spend for 375 bonus miles. I, too, agree that this is one of the weakest offers yet. Seems they're all similar ratios at 3 miles per $1.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:50 am

I got the $75 deal.
At least it will be easy to hit.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:21 am

I wonder how they decide who gets a bonus? I'm at VIP in AA for two years, just started in US a month ago and have hit the new member bonus, and have used Southwest for about a year. Anyway, I didn't get the bonus offer for any of them. Boo, hiss. Some bonus offer is better than none.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lyssa
I wonder how they decide who gets a bonus? I'm at VIP in AA for two years, just started in US a month ago and have hit the new member bonus, and have used Southwest for about a year. Anyway, I didn't get the bonus offer for any of them. Boo, hiss. Some bonus offer is better than none.
Southwest doesn't have this bonus. (In fact, I don't remember them ever having any bonus!)
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Southwest doesn't have this bonus. (In fact, I don't remember them ever having any bonus!)
I actually got a "Sweeten the Deal" bonus invite for my Southwest account. My deal was "Spend $125 by the end of the year and you'll earn an additional 3 bonus points for each of those dollars"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.