Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Dining Program Terms for Monthly Spending and Definition of a "Month"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Dining Program Terms for Monthly Spending and Definition of a "Month"

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The talk is of 300 bonus miles for every cumulative $30, so capping it at 3000 bonus miles is not likely to mean a max of 10 dines, just a max of 10 times earning the bonus. It could be fewer or more dines, depending on how much your dines cost.

I think the two most likely caps are 3000 (because the miles count then contains the number 30) or 9000 (because that means you can do this bonus up to 30 dimes). During this 30th Anniv 30 Days series of promos, AA seems to like to include the number 30 in each promo as much as it can.
I realized after I'd posted that the 3000 miles would (likely) be cumulative, rather than determined by the number of dines.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Registered. And as we now know from the T&Cs, no cap on the bonus. Looks as if I'll spend the next thirty days in a fair amount of program restaurants. . .
Old May 18, 2011, 9:09 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Jailer
Better amend my earlier post to +/-1 and await full details.
So it’s plus one for the terms/conditions, plus 10 for my weight and plus 100 for my cholesterol. At about 15 miles per $ uncapped, the best promo for quite a while. I'm a bit lucky on the timing, as I'm out of the country for three weeks starting the day the promo ends.
Old May 18, 2011, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm in. Just got to talk someone into going out to a nearby sushi place. It's one of the few restaurants around here that has iDine and is worth spending $30 at
Old May 18, 2011, 2:59 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
It's $30 cumulatively, k10, so don't sweat dines that fall short of $30.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:05 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hooray! Although, that shows how bad my reading skills are
Old May 20, 2011, 12:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The full rules for the American Airlines 30 Days of Dining (May 18 - June 16, 2011) promo are contained here, in this new thread.

(Moderator hat on: Please follow or add further discussion on this specific program in that thread; thanks!)

Good news - NO limit on bonus miles / times you can earn in thirty days.

Moderately bad news - though not disclosed on the registration page, you apparently must rate the dine within thirty days. (Moderately bad because it is not disclosed up front, and is revealed only as you pore through the registration confirmation e-mail.)

As to the rest, a "month" seems to be a calendar month - e.g. January 1 - 31; the limits for dining range from one dine per month to $600 monthly (older restos) to $1,000 (newer ones) to a few unlimited. And I suppose any resto could create their own limits.

Also, don't forget some restaurants accept some credit cards they do not award points for, notably some restaurants that accept AMEX but to not allow mileage accrual. It's worth checking periodically for the places you patronize - I do, as my HH AMEX allows me to double dip and earn AA miles and HH points, but if the place accepts AMEX but doesn't give miles for it, I get a paltry 3 m HH points per dollar alone.

Last edited by JDiver; May 20, 2011 at 12:26 pm
Old May 20, 2011, 12:24 pm

THE Jailer KNOWS!

"To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $30 (including tax and tip) in any combination of dines at participating restaurants, bars or clubs between May 18 and June 16, 2011." (T&C)

Old May 20, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by JDiver
Moderately bad news - though not disclosed on the registration page, you apparently must rate the dine within thirty days. (Moderately bad because it is not disclosed up front, and is revealed only as you pore through the registration confirmation e-mail.)
I've taken automatically reviewing all dines now as they seem to have made it a fairly permanent promo requirement.
Old May 20, 2011, 6:27 pm

I have also; that's why I read the registration confirmation e-mail - I have this feeling they benefit from that (meaning a number of folks may sign up and forget to rate, ergo no bonus miles paid out).

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've taken automatically reviewing all dines now as they seem to have made it a fairly permanent promo requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.