Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

How cancel BA flight booked on Iberia with AVIOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 9:56 am
Original Poster

My June 9 BA flight has been cancelled. I booked it on Iberia with AVIOS + surcharge.

On Twitter (and confirmed on FT) I was told to contact my IBPlus Centre by email ([email protected], put only the IBPlus number as email subject) or phone. I did that and the reply was "we must inform you that we are not allowed to process cancellations through this email" and gave me a number to call.

I called the number and the only options I could find were to get a voucher. That option said to fill out the form online. I couldn't figure out how to get a human.

I do need my surcharges back, will they only do that by voucher? But regardless, it seems like a different situation than cancelling a paid ticket. Do I fill out the same form as paid tickets? Has anybody worked through this and know how it should be done?
department."
Old May 13, 2020, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I don't see how to delete this post, but I found this on another post. I followed the instructions, the phone was answered immediately and the cancellation processed.

"I was able to get through right away by calling 1 800 772 4642, stating “Avios Booking” when prompted to say what I’m calling about, then enter in my Avios number when prompted, followed by my passport number when asked to enter ID information. Then say yes to confirm you want to talk to a representative. I was connected with an agent immediately, gave my last name and record locator, and cancelled on the spot. Refund should "process" in 72-hours, and Avios returned in 5 biz days."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.