Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DO & Co Catering

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:58 am
Original Poster

DO & Co Catering

I'm wondering if there has been any signs yet of DO & Co beginning their catering contract with Iberia? It was announced previously that they would begin catering in Spring 2020, yet I'm thinking there must be preparation work and possibly testing of menu concepts before then.

DO & Co has already launched with BA and reports are that there are multiple, positive improvements. I'm excited about the possibilities for Iberia and hopeful that they will definitely keep the Spanish culinary influences rather than going to some bland "international" style. DO & Co has been really successful doing this with both Austrian and Turkish, so I doubt that this will be an issue.

Chris
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Do & Co hasn't finished yet its mega kitchen in MAD.

The new contract is supposed to start in May.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:03 am

just got back from Mad-Bos in J and the food was absolutely horrible. It wasn't this bad a few years ago. It's to the point that we will need to pack sandwiches next time. Hard to believe, need to pack a sandwich flying in J.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:44 am

Gate Gourmet at MAD is an absolute chaos at the moment. They can't deliver on actual contracts... they don't have enough staff - they have lost IB as the main customer... but they managed to get UX. However, UXs contract started already on the 1st of January... so you can imagine, without any expansion (staff is constantly hired, but they also leave constantly), suddenly Gate Gourmet is catering all of IB and all of UX flights out of MAD.

This will go on, getting worse, until finally Do&Co turns on their kitchens;
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tobsw
Gate Gourmet at MAD is an absolute chaos at the moment. They can't deliver on actual contracts... they don't have enough staff - they have lost IB as the main customer... but they managed to get UX. However, UXs contract started already on the 1st of January... so you can imagine, without any expansion (staff is constantly hired, but they also leave constantly), suddenly Gate Gourmet is catering all of IB and all of UX flights out of MAD.

This will go on, getting worse, until finally Do&Co turns on their kitchens;
When you say 'chaos' - presumably long-haul business class will still be fully catered out of Madrid mid-February?!
tobsw likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
When you say 'chaos' - presumably long-haul business class will still be fully catered out of Madrid mid-February?!
Everything is fully catered. What I mean by chaos is that at the moment the GameGourmet staff turnover at MAD is VERY high. They are overworked (I mean, they had IB as a big customer, now they have IB+UX - soon it will be only UX), thatīs causing high staff turnover. This has - unfortunately - consequences in quality and standards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.