FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   4 segment on IB to get status? Will BA flights work? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1975549-4-segment-ib-get-status-will-ba-flights-work.html)

jerrythegreat12 Jun 25, 2019 11:05 am

4 segment on IB to get status? Will BA flights work?

I know IB needs 4 segment on IB/IB Express/Veuling to get status, but I remember long time ago, BA flights also work (Same for BAEC, IB flights will work for 4 segments on BA) I have 2 upcoming BA flights and I wonder will these count to the 4 segments that I will need to get Status?

tobsw Jun 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Before I leave my comment, I invite you to read properly the qualification requirements.... Itīs not always how (some) people belive.

craigthemif Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12 (Post 31238401)
I know IB needs 4 segment on IB/IB Express/Veuling to get status

You are confusing things with BAEC. No segment requirements for IB+ status.

jerrythegreat12 Jun 26, 2019 12:48 am

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 31238626)
Before I leave my comment, I invite you to read properly the qualification requirements.... Itīs not always how (some) people belive.

I must have confused with BAEC, thanks anyways

jerrythegreat12 Jun 26, 2019 12:49 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31239705)
You are confusing things with BAEC. No segment requirements for IB+ status.

So in this case, I just need 2250 points and I will have oro status? No need to fly IB it self? Or I'm misunderstanding :confused:

tobsw Jun 26, 2019 2:08 am

Is it really that difficult to read the qualification requirements?

For IbPlus Oro,

To get or keep this card you just need

2,250 Elite Points OR 50 routes flown

*between April 1 one year and March 31 the following year

Take 50 flights according to the following terms and conditions:
  • Flights with an IB code operated by the Iberia Group (Iberia, Iberia Express, Air Nostrum), Vueling, airlines in the oneworld alliance or any partner airline in the Iberia Plus programme.
  • Flights with a VY code operated by Vueling (basic fare only counts on flights made as of June 18, 2018)
  • Flights operated and sold by British Airways.
Of these 50 flights, at least one must be with an IB code (operated by Iberia or another partner in the Iberia Plus programme) and have a fare that qualifies for Elite Points.

I believe it is very clear.

jerrythegreat12 Jun 26, 2019 10:42 am

Originally Posted by tobsw (Post 31240777)
Is it really that difficult to read the qualification requirements?

For IbPlus Oro,

To get or keep this card you just need

2,250 Elite Points OR 50 routes flown

*between April 1 one year and March 31 the following year

Take 50 flights according to the following terms and conditions:
  • Flights with an IB code operated by the Iberia Group (Iberia, Iberia Express, Air Nostrum), Vueling, airlines in the oneworld alliance or any partner airline in the Iberia Plus programme.
  • Flights with a VY code operated by Vueling (basic fare only counts on flights made as of June 18, 2018)
  • Flights operated and sold by British Airways.
Of these 50 flights, at least one must be with an IB code (operated by Iberia or another partner in the Iberia Plus programme) and have a fare that qualifies for Elite Points.

I believe it is very clear.

It is clear enough, thanks/