Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

4 segment on IB to get status? Will BA flights work?

4 segment on IB to get status? Will BA flights work?

Old Jun 25, 19, 11:05 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
4 segment on IB to get status? Will BA flights work?

I know IB needs 4 segment on IB/IB Express/Veuling to get status, but I remember long time ago, BA flights also work (Same for BAEC, IB flights will work for 4 segments on BA) I have 2 upcoming BA flights and I wonder will these count to the 4 segments that I will need to get Status?
jerrythegreat12 is offline  
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:09 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Posts: 284
Before I leave my comment, I invite you to read properly the qualification requirements.... Itīs not always how (some) people belive.
tobsw is offline  
Old Jun 25, 19, 5:43 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,200
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12 View Post
I know IB needs 4 segment on IB/IB Express/Veuling to get status
You are confusing things with BAEC. No segment requirements for IB+ status.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Jun 26, 19, 12:48 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
Before I leave my comment, I invite you to read properly the qualification requirements.... Itīs not always how (some) people belive.
I must have confused with BAEC, thanks anyways
jerrythegreat12 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 19, 12:49 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
You are confusing things with BAEC. No segment requirements for IB+ status.
So in this case, I just need 2250 points and I will have oro status? No need to fly IB it self? Or I'm misunderstanding
jerrythegreat12 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:08 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Posts: 284
Is it really that difficult to read the qualification requirements?

For IbPlus Oro,

To get or keep this card you just need

2,250 Elite Points OR 50 routes flown

*between April 1 one year and March 31 the following year

Take 50 flights according to the following terms and conditions:
  • Flights with an IB code operated by the Iberia Group (Iberia, Iberia Express, Air Nostrum), Vueling, airlines in the oneworld alliance or any partner airline in the Iberia Plus programme.
  • Flights with a VY code operated by Vueling (basic fare only counts on flights made as of June 18, 2018)
  • Flights operated and sold by British Airways.
Of these 50 flights, at least one must be with an IB code (operated by Iberia or another partner in the Iberia Plus programme) and have a fare that qualifies for Elite Points.

I believe it is very clear.

Last edited by tobsw; Jun 26, 19 at 4:22 am
tobsw is offline  
Old Jun 26, 19, 10:42 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
Is it really that difficult to read the qualification requirements?

For IbPlus Oro,

To get or keep this card you just need

2,250 Elite Points OR 50 routes flown

*between April 1 one year and March 31 the following year

Take 50 flights according to the following terms and conditions:
  • Flights with an IB code operated by the Iberia Group (Iberia, Iberia Express, Air Nostrum), Vueling, airlines in the oneworld alliance or any partner airline in the Iberia Plus programme.
  • Flights with a VY code operated by Vueling (basic fare only counts on flights made as of June 18, 2018)
  • Flights operated and sold by British Airways.
Of these 50 flights, at least one must be with an IB code (operated by Iberia or another partner in the Iberia Plus programme) and have a fare that qualifies for Elite Points.

I believe it is very clear.
It is clear enough, thanks/
jerrythegreat12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread