Wiki Posts
Search

AA Award space booking with Avios

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I was able to book 2 award seats in J for travel April 2 - MAD-FCO so I assume the Spring schedule is now loaded.
But that's an IB route -- not an AA route -- so not really pertinent to this particular thread. Did you mean to post it somewhere else?
Old May 23, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by guv1976
But that's an IB route -- not an AA route -- so not really pertinent to this particular thread. Did you mean to post it somewhere else?
I guess I didn’t make myself clear, I had put ORD-MAD on hold AA Saver J - I could not book the final leg to FCO.
Today AA finally had the post March 28 IB seats loaded, AA csr was able to add this leg and ticket us for 57.5k - it raised our taxes/fees from $100 to $124 pp.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmandrew

I guess I didn’t make myself clear, I had put ORD-MAD on hold AA Saver J - I could not book the final leg to FCO.
Today AA finally had the post March 28 IB seats loaded, AA csr was able to add this leg and ticket us for 57.5k - it raised our taxes/fees from $100 to $124 pp.
You're talking about booking AA and IB flights with AAdvantage miles. This thread is about the current inability to book any AA flights with Iberia Plus Avios, due to an apparent Iberia software problem.

Completely different issue.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Letters sent to oneworld, Iberia Plus and a further email to the Clasica email address. Will update with any responses.
saltytheseagull and Sonny84 like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA0197
Letters sent to oneworld, Iberia Plus and a further email to the Clasica email address. Will update with any responses.
Thank you for pursuing this. Hope this issue gets resolved soon.
BA0197 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Response to my email to [email protected]

"We are sorry to inform you that at the moment it is not possible to book flights operated by American Airlines using Avios. Our IT department is working to fix this issue as soon as possible, therefore, we kindly recommend you to try to complete the booking in few days."
I've just received the same response from the [email protected] email address as well. Still have the oneworld response (letter, got there today) and the letter to their offices in Spain.

Got myself back on the phone and tried to book up an AA award flight (after finding an agent that knew how to), and asked to know when this issue was going to be fixed. Heard some typing, and was told May 31st. Is this a complete coincidence regarding that BA are changing their award rates on partner airlines (AA included)? It almost looks to me, if this date is correct, that IB purposefully took down the ability to redeem on AA and other OW carriers while BA gave us notice. We will see I suppose. Are there any terms and conditions like BA have, where IB Plus has to give notice about award rate rises?
Old May 29, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've just received the same response from the [email protected] email address as well. Still have the oneworld response (letter, got there today) and the letter to their offices in Spain.

Got myself back on the phone and tried to book up an AA award flight (after finding an agent that knew how to), and asked to know when this issue was going to be fixed. Heard some typing, and was told May 31st. Is this a complete coincidence regarding that BA are changing their award rates on partner airlines (AA included)? It almost looks to me, if this date is correct, that IB purposefully took down the ability to redeem on AA and other OW carriers while BA gave us notice. We will see I suppose. Are there any terms and conditions like BA have, where IB Plus has to give notice about award rate rises?
I thought that only Iberia Plus redemptions on AA were not currently available. Are you saying that you cannot currently redeem Iberia Plus Avios on other oneworld partners as well?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
I thought that only Iberia Plus redemptions on AA were not currently available. Are you saying that you cannot currently redeem Iberia Plus Avios on other oneworld partners as well?
Sorry for the confusion! The issue is solely with AA, should have been more clear.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:22 pm

Got myself back on the phone and tried to book up an AA award flight (after finding an agent that knew how to), and asked to know when this issue was going to be fixed. Heard some typing, and was told May 31st.
Another promised date comes and passes... still not possible to book! More and more lies from the IB phone dragons. sigh...
saltytheseagull likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:19 pm

guys, i just got off the phone with iberia after getting the same error message. The agent said that since May, you can longer use iberia avios to book AA tickets, and that this decision came solely from AA. I know different agents give different answers, but if this true, I'm concerned about the future of any redemptions on AA metal.

maybe it's a temporary thing while working out the kinks with dynamic pricing...
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by aghagolgoli
guys, i just got off the phone with iberia after getting the same error message. The agent said that since May, you can longer use iberia avios to book AA tickets, and that this decision came solely from AA. I know different agents give different answers, but if this true, I'm concerned about the future of any redemptions on AA metal.

maybe it's a temporary thing while working out the kinks with dynamic pricing...
Throughout thus whole palaver there is only one thing I have learned: IB agents know nothing, can do nothing and lie to get you off the phone.

The amount of lies I’ve been told regarding AA Avios bookings, has become uncountable. Everything from “it will be fixed in a few days” to “AA is not in oneworld” and “you can’t redeem Avios on any airlines other than BA or IB”. AA and IB have to allow their members to redeem on their airlines, that’s what oneworld is for and why I have written to them about this whole issue. Still no word back as of yet, however.

What I’m honestly shocked at is how IB has such HORRIBLE customer service. Makes me realise how good BA call centre staff (especially UK-based ones) are.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aghagolgoli

Just got off the phone with an agent, who said: "Last week, we received an email saying that we are not going to be able to make reservations using an AA flight." The agent said they expect this ability to be restored within the next week.

We've all heard that line before, but just thought I'd share.
BA0197 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Just got off the phone with an agent, who said: "Last week, we received an email saying that we are not going to be able to make reservations using an AA flight." The agent said they expect this ability to be restored within the next week.

We've all heard that line before, but just thought I'd share.
Thanks for the update. Must be on week 4 now?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Must be on week 4 now?
Closer to week 6. I first noticed the issue in mid-to-late April
BA0197 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:32 pm

Folks,

I just joined so that I could reply to this thread. Any news on this situation? A few months ago I found Avios availability from Memphis-Madrid via Iberia no problem. Now, no matter the date range entered I get the "We have not found outbound flight conforming to the criteria specified. Please change the selection and try again. (9100)"message. I want to book via Iberia to fly on AA rather than booking with British Airways due to the obvious difference in fuel surcharge and tax fees. I speak Spanish, so I might have more luck calling the Customer Service agents.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.