Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name on ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Name on ticket

Hi, I just booked an award ticket for my mum. For some reason they auto-complete version filled it in as M MILAGRO (instead of MARIA MILAGRO). Only realized about this after the ticket had been issued. Called Iberia Plus right away but the only option I was given is to cancel the ticket and book a new one. (They said name must mach passport).

Considering it might take a while for the Avios to get back into the Iberia Plus account and that availability might be gone by then, would she be ok flying with the ticket as is?

Edit. I think the reason this happened is because in my mum's IB Plus account her name is listed a M MILAGRO.

Last edited by Mister P.; Feb 19, 2019 at 1:53 pm Reason: Update info
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I know several Spaniards who have multiple first and last names and only use one first name and one surname when travelling. As long as the names used are listed on the passport it's never an issue but YMMV.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:04 pm

That should be perfectly fine. I do use both my surnames for travel, and the resulting long name gets mangled in several ways on tickets and boarding passes and I've never had an issue.

And consider the millions of people who don't even use the Latin alphabet.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I had some thing similar with Mr Firstname Surname Surname and the twitter team fixed it in a jiffy with no cost or agro.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback! Just to clarify, MARIA MILAGRO is my mum's first name (showing in the ticket as M MILAGRO). The last name is spelled out correctly, and in full.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.