Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Basic Long Haul

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Iberia Basic Long Haul

Does anyone know if I book IB to JNB on a “basic” fare which doesn’t allow hold baggage or seat selection, if I’m BA Silver do I actually get hold baggage & to select a seat?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Good question. You definitely do on Spanish domestic flights.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Does anyone know if I book IB to JNB on a “basic” fare which doesn’t allow hold baggage or seat selection, if I’m BA Silver do I actually get hold baggage & to select a seat?
Yes - Sapphire will get you 1 piece in the hold + free seat selection.

Remember that on IB, you only get 1 free/extra piece in the hold when Sapphire/Emeral only if your ticket allowance is 0 or 1.
PLATINOIB likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
I want to piggyback on this discussion. I don't see anywhere that there is a published benefit for seat selection. As OW emeralds when I go through the booking process for JFK-MAD it says I have to pay for seats (and the map shows no seat available, but that may be a glitch of another kind). Is it just a case of the booking must go through first before seat selection to be free?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
I want to piggyback on this discussion. I don't see anywhere that there is a published benefit for seat selection. As OW emeralds when I go through the booking process for JFK-MAD it says I have to pay for seats (and the map shows no seat available, but that may be a glitch of another kind). Is it just a case of the booking must go through first before seat selection to be free?
Booking needs to be completed before Iberia bothers to check the elite status of your partner card. Seat selection works fine later, assuming there are no glitches with your status...
BLazarus22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.