FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Earn 15 000 Avios with partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1474089-earn-15-000-avios-partners.html)

Hannibal Lecter Jun 8, 2013 1:47 am

Earn 15 000 Avios with partners

Similar to the Campaign they did last year, one of the differences
however is that you can also earn 15 Avios with Facebook, good for those who need to activate an account.

http://www.tiraelguantedeiberiaplus.com/

Seems like there is no English language website yet:confused:

jbfield Jun 8, 2013 3:28 am

Interesting promotion, can't find out any way to register though.
If I click the register link, it take me to my Iberia Log on page, which then goes to "my promotions" but it's not listed.

It would be useful to register as Sheffield Centre is listed as a partner (I assume their 50 Avios bonus would count towards this new promotion) plus some others partners I sometimes use.

craigthemif Jun 9, 2013 10:36 am

Last year was April/May I recall. But nice to have this promo back, although some of the cheaper / easier partners are gone. (Alice, Heineken, etc.)

No problem registering, although I am Spain based so maybe this is restricted to Spanish residents...

David-A Jun 9, 2013 10:57 pm

It doesn't seem to matter what country you have it set to, it matters what language you have it set to. See the screenshots here, you can change language and register:
http://www.ukpoints.com/2013/06/10/g...plus-partners/

nsx Jun 10, 2013 12:40 pm

When I select a friend, I get "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Edited to add: I got it to work with Internet Explorer, but not with Firefox.

Hannibal Lecter Jun 11, 2013 10:42 am

Originally Posted by David-A (Post 20894565)
It doesn't seem to matter what country you have it set to, it matters what language you have it set to. See the screenshots here, you can change language and register:
http://www.ukpoints.com/2013/06/10/g...plus-partners/

If you look at Mis Promociones after you have registered,
is it now listed under Seguimiento de promociones and does it say inscrito?

denkigroove Jun 11, 2013 1:49 pm

I can click the link to registration but in my promotions does it not exist as registered - of course only in spanish.

David-A Jun 13, 2013 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 20903388)
If you look at Mis Promociones after you have registered,
is it now listed under Seguimiento de promociones and does it say inscrito?

It is still offering me the chance to subscribe, however I asked IB about this and they said they had a problem with registrations displaying, but that I am registered.

mgo72 Jun 14, 2013 1:59 pm

is transferring hotel-points form hotels sufficient or do you really need to make a stay next weeks?

Mrp Alert Jun 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Website is live (in English) and being promoted via email to members: http://theduelbyiberiaplus.com/

elpiett Jun 15, 2013 2:51 am

Maybe a silly question, is each partner allowed only once or multiple times? I've got three stays with Accor coming up, would be interesting if I can credit three times to Avios.

craigthemif Jun 15, 2013 3:20 am

Originally Posted by elpiett (Post 20926807)
Maybe a silly question, is each partner allowed only once or multiple times? I've got three stays with Accor coming up, would be interesting if I can credit three times to Avios.

It only counts as 1 partner used.

Originally Posted by mgo72 (Post 20924246)
is transferring hotel-points form hotels sufficient or do you really need to make a stay next weeks?

Yes, transferring from hotel points works as using a partner. Out of curiosity, which ones did you have in mind, as you can't transfer from Hhonors, IHG or SPG into Iberia miles?

BTW, if anybody wants to send me a bottle of wine (todovino.com is one of the partners) and so accumulate an additional partner, I'm perfectly happy to give you my Spanish address! :D

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 15, 2013 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 20886193)
Similar to the Campaign they did last year, one of the differences
however is that you can also earn 15 Avios with Facebook, good for those who need to activate an account.

http://www.tiraelguantedeiberiaplus.com/

Seems like there is no English language website yet:confused:

Is this an ultra slim "grand slam promotion"?

but hey, give me a break: only 15k miles? and no english website? ---> hasta la vista muchachos!

craigthemif Jun 17, 2013 5:06 am

Does anybody know what the minimum is for transferring Melia points to Iberia miles? I was thinking about buying the minimum 1000 Melia points for 8 euros and then transferring them to Iberia to pick up another partner.

Concerto Jun 20, 2013 6:12 am

I think it is 100 points, as I have just been having a fish around on their site. Actually, I just bought 10,000 Melia Rewards points for EUR80, which came with 2,500 bonus points, as I make use of Melia from time to time.

Is anyone actually going for this Iberia promotion? I could just about get up to 8 partners, at a push, but I think it would be tricky to make it to 10. Anyway, last year when I bought fuel at Repsol, my card would never swipe. I asked Iberia for a new one, but they never sent it.

flygod Jun 20, 2013 6:27 am

Melia points.

Good spot!

You can currently sign-up free and get 2,000 points free!

So not even 8 euro

jms_uk Jun 20, 2013 6:56 am

.. . .. ..

AirMileMillionaire Jun 20, 2013 7:38 am

Originally Posted by flygod (Post 20957023)
Melia points.

Good spot!

You can currently sign-up free and get 2,000 points free!

So not even 8 euro

Unfortunately, Melia is only good for existing accounts.

"The bonus points you earn when you sign up for the programme cannot be transferred."

craigthemif Jun 20, 2013 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 20956965)
Is anyone actually going for this Iberia promotion? I could just about get up to 8 partners, at a push, but I think it would be tricky to make it to 10. Anyway, last year when I bought fuel at Repsol, my card would never swipe. I asked Iberia for a new one, but they never sent it.

15,000 is nice to have, but probably not worth going way out of your way for though... It does seem a bit harder this year than prior years and you almost definitely have to be resident or Spain (or visit Spain during the 2 months). Anyhow I should get my 10 from...

Sheffield - sign up for a brochure
Todovino - bought 6 bottles of plonk
Cinesa - will go watch a movie at some point, even though I hate dubbed movies
Repsol - easy enough (if your card works), although Repsol is usually more expensive than other petrol stations in Spain.
Outlet village - worth a visit occasionally and I can usually find something worth buying...
Cortefiel - can usually get 12 euros worth of socks or something worthwhile
Melia - bought points and transferred over
SPG - changed my earning to IB+ for a 1 night stay I already had planned
Accor - 1 night stay booked ages ago (and points move automatically to IB+ thanks to last year's promo) so that's lucky
IHG - need a night near CDG in July so the Holiday Inn it is - besides Raffles has posted loads of new bonus point codes so that makes it worthwhile on its own account...

I usually have to rent a car or two but it doesn't seem necessary this time...

mgo72 Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 20957454)
IHG - need a night near CDG in July so the Holiday Inn it is - besides Raffles has posted loads of new bonus point codes so that makes it worthwhile on its own account...

What do the promotion codes give on extra Avios? I thought it was only for the hotel priority points.

craigthemif Jun 21, 2013 2:27 am

Originally Posted by mgo72 (Post 20960117)
What do the promotion codes give on extra Avios? I thought it was only for the hotel priority points.

It is only hotel points, which might accumulate to close to a free night elsewhere...

nsx Jun 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 20886193)
Similar to the Campaign they did last year, one of the differences however is that you can also earn 15 Avios with Facebook, good for those who need to activate an account.

Has anyone seen the 15 points post? The promo description says that they will post them every week, but so far I've seen nada.

neuromancer Jun 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Me neither, and more than a week has passed since I did this.

Concerto Jun 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 20957454)
15,000 is nice to have, but probably not worth going way out of your way for though... It does seem a bit harder this year than prior years and you almost definitely have to be resident or Spain (or visit Spain during the 2 months). Anyhow I should get my 10 from...

Sheffield - sign up for a brochure
Todovino - bought 6 bottles of plonk
Cinesa - will go watch a movie at some point, even though I hate dubbed movies
Repsol - easy enough (if your card works), although Repsol is usually more expensive than other petrol stations in Spain.
Outlet village - worth a visit occasionally and I can usually find something worth buying...
Cortefiel - can usually get 12 euros worth of socks or something worthwhile
Melia - bought points and transferred over
SPG - changed my earning to IB+ for a 1 night stay I already had planned
Accor - 1 night stay booked ages ago (and points move automatically to IB+ thanks to last year's promo) so that's lucky

I usually have to rent a car or two but it doesn't seem necessary this time...

Great list, was wondering what we could add to it!

How do you get IHG to work? I was fishing around in there tonight, and couldn't see any way to convert points to Iberia's programme. Don't really have a lot of hotel stays coming up, so the only card I have got to play here is the Melia Rewards one.
Are car rentals fairly reliable with posting?

r217 Jun 23, 2013 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 20971887)
How do you get IHG to work? I was fishing around in there tonight, and couldn't see any way to convert points to Iberia's programme.

Your IHG earning preference has to be Iberia miles at the point you stay at the hotel. Unlike BAEC, you can't transfer points to IB+ after the event.

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 20971887)
Are car rentals fairly reliable with posting?

Yes, in my experience (Avis). Usually posts within a few days.

Concerto Jun 23, 2013 3:39 am

Ah, I get it! The only thing, does that mean that all my existing points at IHG will be converted as well?

r217 Jun 23, 2013 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 20973779)
Ah, I get it! The only thing, does that mean that all my existing points at IHG will be converted as well?

No. You change your earning preference to miles and any new stays will post to your Iberia account until you change earning preference again. The points you already have on the account will stay there.

denkigroove Jun 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Can now anyone see this promo under "my promotions" in the IB-Account?

craigthemif Jun 25, 2013 4:31 am

Seems the first batch of 15 points for the Facebook app have come through...

nsx Jun 25, 2013 5:23 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 20984644)
Seems the first batch of 15 points for the Facebook app have come through...

Yippee! I got mine too! My IB+ account is now activated, just in time to link it to my BA account. Now I will be able to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IB+ via BA.

Concerto Jun 25, 2013 5:29 am

I think I'm going to pass on this one this time. Boring I know, but I think it's going to be quite a hassle, and will involve a fair bit of cash outlay, for car rentals and the like. If only the stakes were more than 15,000 miles....

craigthemif Jun 28, 2013 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 20984835)
I think I'm going to pass on this one this time. Boring I know, but I think it's going to be quite a hassle, and will involve a fair bit of cash outlay, for car rentals and the like. If only the stakes were more than 15,000 miles....

I suppose you have to be resident in Spain, or here on a trip, to make the cost reasonable.

So far have spent €3.60 on my cinema ticket (a special cheap showing of a movie I've already seen - so didn't even go inside), €12 on socks at Cortefiel, €17 on a t-shirt at the outlet village, €6 on shipping at both vinoseleccion and todovino, €8 on buying Melia points. Repsol might cost a bit more than other petrol stations, but definitely needed petrol anyhow. The various hotels all coincided with stays I had already booked or needed. Definitely costing me less than the value of the Avios...

BTW, for those that asked, you definitely need the physical card for Cinesa, Repsol and Cortefiel.

Concerto Jun 28, 2013 4:51 am

My IB card never seems to swipe properly for Repsol, and Iberia never replied to my two requests to send me a new card.

mgo72 Jul 5, 2013 12:41 am

Hello,

Can someone tell me if vinoseleccion and todovino is reliable? Don't we have to order then every month wine?

Thanks

craigthemif Jul 5, 2013 1:15 am

Originally Posted by mgo72 (Post 21043114)
Hello,

Can someone tell me if vinoseleccion and todovino is reliable? Don't we have to order then every month wine?

Thanks

You definitely don't have to sign up for the monthly service.

That said, just got a package from vinoseleccion yesterday which was 1 bottle instead of the 6 I ordered. No IB+ points yet though.

My todovino order is in limbo, as neither the company nor the courier company know where my order is! So not quite sure whether to fight for my money back and find another partner...

I did use todovino the last time this promo came around, and everything seemed to work fine then.

mgo72 Jul 5, 2013 5:34 am

ok! Will do it then!

Got 2000 free + 4000 free melia transferred into 900 free avios :)

Anyone that got points out of sheffield?

more4less Jul 6, 2013 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 21004763)
My IB card never seems to swipe properly for Repsol, and Iberia never replied to my two requests to send me a new card.

I had the same problem and I also asked for a new IB card, but I was lucky and it arrived after a few weeks.

Have you tried phoning?

craigthemif Jul 6, 2013 4:38 am

Originally Posted by mgo72 (Post 21043947)

Anyone that got points out of sheffield?

Still waiting for Sheffield points, although I got the brochure in the post. Not 100% convinced the points will arrive, so I'm planning to use 11 partners just to be on the safe side.

denkigroove Jul 6, 2013 7:42 am

How is a valid partner credit shown in the IB-Account? Because at this time I got three and it looks normal like ever.

craigthemif Jul 6, 2013 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove (Post 21049173)
How is a valid partner credit shown in the IB-Account? Because at this time I got three and it looks normal like ever.

It's not shown at all. I suspect it takes so long for the promo points to post because someone manually looks at the accounts of those registered??? As long as the partners have posted correctly to your IB+ account you will be fine... eventually...