Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling as IB Plus Elite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Vueling as IB Plus Elite

Hi,

I bought a LHR-BIO ticket on Iberia.com that is IB5XXX, so operated by Vueling. I am IB Plus Gold but the system didn't let me pick seats or change anything. I can't even access my reservation on Vueling.com.

When you buy on Vueling, you can select seats and pay to board early. Can you do this on IB bought tickets? Do IB Elites get free seating and early boarding?

Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by asouli
Hi,

I bought a LHR-BIO ticket on Iberia.com that is IB5XXX, so operated by Vueling. I am IB Plus Gold but the system didn't let me pick seats or change anything. I can't even access my reservation on Vueling.com.

When you buy on Vueling, you can select seats and pay to board early. Can you do this on IB bought tickets? Do IB Elites get free seating and early boarding?

Thanks!
Any booking with an IB code will be able to check in 24 hours ahead of time and will be able to choose any of the best seats on the plane. It's unlikely that those will have been paid for ahead of time as most people on a Vueling ticket will want the cheapest possible ticket. When people check in online the system automatically fills the plane from the back rows forward, so even when you get to T-24 hours you should be able to select your preferred seat from the first few rows or the emergency exit row.

I don't think IB Elite gives you any extra benefits...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.