Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

New on IBeria, whats PBA (puntos aereos basicos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver

they say that I need 1250 to reach silver status, how does that work cause i dont believe its that easy if i fly transcontinental flight that gives me 5000 miles, how many of them are PBA?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Originally Posted by miranda.mario
they say that I need 1250 to reach silver status, how does that work cause i dont believe its that easy if i fly transcontinental flight that gives me 5000 miles, how many of them are PBA?
US-Spain (IB/AA/BA) return are credited as follows:

Discount coach 600 PAB
Full fare coach 600 PAB
business calss (any fare) 900 PAB
First Class (any fare (BA/AA) 1250 PAB

PAB only count toward status, there are two independent counters PAB and total points for rewards. This total amount of points accrued are this PAB basis + different promotions, for example purchading on ib.com will get x2 point earned for the flight, so a cheap economy ticket will put 600x2=1200 points in your account (the ones for rewards)and 600 PAB for status,(two US/EUR return will make you almost silver -OW Ruby(1250 PAB), 4 good enough almost for gold - OW Sapphire(2500 PAB), and a little bit further, 6500 PAB for Platinum -OW Emerald, business class will add 900x2=1800 and 900 PAB...

This has become a real generous system in comparison with pre-ATI days, therefore nowadays for a cheap ticket you get 600 PAB, before ATI AA/BA/IB was launched you only got 160PAB...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.