FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/970090-hyatt-best-rate-guarantee-experiences-master-thread-wiki.html)

BlueHorizonUK Oct 20, 2018 11:17 am

I have a reservation booked for Mexico that is over 60% LESS than Hyatt.com and booked into Club Rooms. Do you guys think I should even try and get a BRG on this or will they cancel my bookings on the other site out of spite.......lol

Am a globalist so not getting anything more by booking direct as this is a all-inclusive resort and have a club level room booked.

Thanks

craigthemif Oct 21, 2018 8:45 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK (Post 30336695)
I have a reservation booked for Mexico that is over 60% LESS than Hyatt.com and booked into Club Rooms. Do you guys think I should even try and get a BRG on this or will they cancel my bookings on the other site out of spite.......lol

Am a globalist so not getting anything more by booking direct as this is a all-inclusive resort and have a club level room booked.

Thanks

All you'd get is a $50 credit and points on the cash rate. Accumulating points for lifetime status is a secondary consideration.

That said, nobody is going to cancel an OTA reservation because you have a duplicate reservation at Hyatt in order to claim a BRG.

PointWeasel Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm

I give up on Hyatt.

An obvious rate difference with a property and denied due to a free membership option (not required) on the OTA final confirmation page.

Even Marriott (and never pre-merger Starwood) were this picky.

oneworld_wanderer Dec 8, 2018 11:19 pm

To me the Hyatt price guarantee is a scam.

The agent replied that 3rd party rate was higher on priceline.com (openly available rate, not express deal, I even sent them a screenshot).

They did not deny me for the room type, because obviously it is the same.

I am comparing non-member pre-paid rate, to the pre-paid rate on priceline.

So what I guess they have done, is comparing a flexible rate on priceline.com to the pre-paird rate on Hyatt.com, and screw me up claiming that 3rd party is more expensive. LOL.

I guess whoever check the rate, either can not read English, or can not read numbers.

Wait, then who replied to my claim?

oneworld_wanderer Dec 8, 2018 11:32 pm

Lol, got exact same experience.

Then I called hotel and cancel, and book again.

Then the agent tried to scam me and said that rate on 3rd party is higher.

They can go as far as creating false statement so I'm pretty sure the BPG is a scam.

oneworld_wanderer Dec 8, 2018 11:33 pm

Got exact same experience.

Then I called hotel and cancel, and book again with non-member pre-paid rate.

Then the agent tried to scam me and said that rate on 3rd party is higher.

They can go as far as creating false statement so I'm pretty sure the BPG is a scam.

oneworld_wanderer Dec 8, 2018 11:34 pm

Yes, they can be matched at Hilton.

pairofkeets Jan 4, 2019 11:54 pm

Tried my first BRG today with hotels.com today. Was either denied for bundled free wifi or more likely those "sale" prices they do these days which I guess Hyatt considers a coupon. Price on hotels.com was 30% less for flex than Hyatt for standard rate.

craigthemif Jan 5, 2019 7:22 am

Originally Posted by pairofkeets (Post 30612412)
Tried my first BRG today with hotels.com today. Was either denied for bundled free wifi or more likely those "sale" prices they do these days which I guess Hyatt considers a coupon. Price on hotels.com was 30% less for flex than Hyatt for standard rate.

I would keep resubmitting until someone approves it. Hotels.com "pay at hotel" has always worked fine for me... eventually...

pairofkeets Jan 5, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30613334)
I would keep resubmitting until someone approves it. Hotels.com "pay at hotel" has always worked fine for me... eventually...

Unfortunately the price was gone by the end of the day. I got a response about 5 hours after I submitted and price was still there at that time but rather than let a deal go I ended up just booking on Hotels.com. While i'll miss out on some points really at the end of the day it wasn't worth playing jeopardy with them. I'm surprised at how difficult it is to get something which should be straight forward.

bedelman Jan 7, 2019 1:41 am

I will soon be receiving a few BRG $50 e-vouchers. Can I use multiple vouchers to reduce the cost of a single night? Example: Pay for a $105 stay with 2x$50 vouchers, $5, plus applicable taxes? Feels unlikely... yet BRG terms don't indicate it's impermissible.

craigthemif Jan 7, 2019 2:33 am

Originally Posted by bedelman (Post 30621019)
I will soon be receiving a few BRG $50 e-vouchers. Can I use multiple vouchers to reduce the cost of a single night? Example: Pay for a $105 stay with 2x$50 vouchers, $5, plus applicable taxes? Feels unlikely... yet BRG terms don't indicate it's impermissible.

No. You can input one BRG discount code per booking.

danger Jan 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Are there any restrictions on obtaining multiple BRG vouchers for back-to-back stays. For example, reservation one, hotel A, Monday night, BRG approved. Reservation two, hotel A, Tuesday BRG approved. Will that earn me 2 x $50 vouchers?

craigthemif Jan 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by danger (Post 30639918)
Are there any restrictions on obtaining multiple BRG vouchers for back-to-back stays. For example, reservation one, hotel A, Monday night, BRG approved. Reservation two, hotel A, Tuesday BRG approved. Will that earn me 2 x $50 vouchers?

You can try - you'd certainly have to space out your claims to avoid having the risk of being merged into one - but I've always left a day in between so that IT tracks each one as a proper check-in, check-out stay.

danger Jan 11, 2019 1:04 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30639984)
You can try - you'd certainly have to space out your claims to avoid having the risk of being merged into one - but I've always left a day in between so that IT tracks each one as a proper check-in, check-out stay.

I reckon they'll definitely end up on one reservation at check-in. That's certainly been the case when, for example, I've booked one night using a free night cert and then had to book a separate, adjoining reservation with cash, Hyatt's IT system being unable to book different types of reservations under the one reservation number.

As far as I can tell from the T&Cs, there's nothing to say a guest would only end up with one voucher instead of two in my situation.