FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/970090-hyatt-best-rate-guarantee-experiences-master-thread-wiki.html)

coleslaw Mar 18, 2024 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 (Post 36090612)
Wondering what to do -

Booked a Non-refundable rate for the sole purpose of a BRG. I called the phone BRG people they said I’d have to do an online claim form. I said I’d really need it done ASAP they said do it online.

I did it online and sent the screenshot, they responded 18 hours later and due to that Rate changed.

Theres nothing above board that you can do in this situation.

Matt4200 Mar 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw (Post 36090620)
Theres nothing above board that you can do in this situation.

I took multiple screenshots of the booking process and did everything in good faith on my end though.

There’s absolutely nothing that can be done?

It more or less seems like Hyatt contacted the hotel, who contacted Expedia and made sure their rates were in sync. Which doesn’t seem like good faith.

michaeldovecharlie Apr 1, 2024 3:36 am

Successful BRG on a whopping 60 night stay at Hyatt House Sandton, Johannesburg. The 20 percent discount ended up with a $45 USD/rate. Globalist status for under 2700 USD (yes I will be living in a HH for two months).

danger Apr 1, 2024 3:39 am

That's delightful. Would you like to share the competing website, so others may potentially benefit?

michaeldovecharlie Apr 1, 2024 3:40 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 36125806)
That's delightful. Would you like to share the competing website, so others may potentially benefit?

Oops. Expedia, from France but using the US version of the site. Dates early Jan to early March.

michaeldovecharlie Apr 2, 2024 10:41 am

Interestingly, to follow up on my 60 night stay (and I've added another 16 day stay on top of that one so the total for 3 reservations is 76 nights) with 20 percent discount. I got an email from CS clearly meant for someone at the hotel.

Dear Redacted,

Greetings from the Global Care Center,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the BRG Claim for the below reservation.

We understand this might be an error from the Distribution side; however, from our point of view, this is a valid claim.

Please keep us updated regarding the ticket you opened with the distribution colleagues and report back to us as soon as they answer to you regarding a possible error made by them.

Hyatt House Johannesburg Sandton
Guest Name: Redacted
Confirmation Number: Redacted

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
Redacted.

Interesting to see that they are pushing Expedia to change the rate ASAP. I wonder if the hotel staff will hate me during my actual 2.5 month visit.

danger Apr 2, 2024 4:50 pm

What's the reference to the ticket you opened?

craigthemif Apr 3, 2024 1:54 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 36130611)
What's the reference to the ticket you opened?

It's probably a reference to how Hyatt deals with franchised hotels internally.

Many hotels might not see too many BRG claims and not know that they don't really need to be communicating with the guest about them.

michaeldovecharlie Apr 4, 2024 4:56 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 36131513)
It's probably a reference to how Hyatt deals with franchised hotels internally.

Many hotels might not see too many BRG claims and not know that they don't really need to be communicating with the guest about them.

So this email was from Customer Service and I later got an email to disregard it. It seems like the hotel, or someone in distribution, contested the BRG claim as "not their fault" meaning they did not release rooms to Expedia for a lower rate despite it indeed showing at a lower rate. Just interesting to see the other side of things I suppose.