Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Panama City Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

So I typically spend a week or so in the Florida panhandle once a year as it's drivable from Atlanta. I always stayed at the Hyatt Place Sandestin or the Holiday Inn Resorts in Ft Walton.

HP Sandestin was great at 12,000 point redemption, cat 3. But now, moved to cat 4 even though it's not beachfront.
Holiday Inn Ft Walton was great because it was beachfront and had a lazy river and could use the 4th free night using points with the IHG Card.

But upon my annual search, I ran across a new Hyatt Place in Panama City Beach that's beachfront! It'll have a lazy river! Expected opening is June 2022 and so not too far away. I'm excited to have this beachfront hotel and hoping it'll be category 4.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/fl...achfront/ecpzp

Anyone else heard updates regarding this hotel?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by swhang
So I typically spend a week or so in the Florida panhandle once a year as it's drivable from Atlanta. I always stayed at the Hyatt Place Sandestin or the Holiday Inn Resorts in Ft Walton.

HP Sandestin was great at 12,000 point redemption, cat 3. But now, moved to cat 4 even though it's not beachfront.
Holiday Inn Ft Walton was great because it was beachfront and had a lazy river and could use the 4th free night using points with the IHG Card.

But upon my annual search, I ran across a new Hyatt Place in Panama City Beach that's beachfront! It'll have a lazy river! Expected opening is June 2022 and so not too far away. I'm excited to have this beachfront hotel and hoping it'll be category 4.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/fl...achfront/ecpzp

Anyone else heard updates regarding this hotel?
Ive yet to see any HP with a decent size pool, so Im not sure their lazy river will be anything like most full resorts rivers. But theres always a first for everything and some newer HPs are far from the cookie cutters that were Gen 1
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

It just showed up to book with cash, starting late August 2022. However, no option to pick with points yet and so am unsure what category it'll be. It looks like they have the full set of rooms with several suites available. However, I believe TSU's can't apply to Hyatt Places.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:36 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I was hoping the June estimate would be accurate. I have a late July trip and need 2 nights on the beach there. Currently have an award stay with the Springhill Suites a little east of there, but would have liked to try this one out as it looks like it will be walking distance to Pier Park. Note that the Springhill Suites has a nice, albeit small pool with a lazy river and a couple of waterfalls. So I don't see why the HP wouldn't do something similar (or maybe even better.)
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:13 pm
foo

Programs: MR, TY, UR

looks like it is a Cat 4!
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:22 am
foo

Programs: MR, TY, UR
The renderings show a decent sized pool, probably could be larger given the hotel size, but better than most HPs!

Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:45 pm

Hyatt Place Panama City Fl

Hyatt Place Panama City Fl is opening in August. There are points plus cash rates all the way into 2023 but No Points only rates anytime. This is a Category 4 hotel and would love to book Points stay. Looks like they are blocking points only stays. This is against Hyatt terms? There is literally no Way all rooms are already booked on points for the whole year.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:59 pm

There's a thread discussing this property already. Anyway, this seems to happen with new properties that haven't opened yet. They can kinda game the system under the guise of not having loaded all inventory yet or whatever. Try contacting Hyatt CS to see what they say.
kirkpd likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:37 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Suggest merging
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ity-beach.html
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Will be staying over the Labor Day weekend and will give a trip report shortly afterwards. I feel great about booking it... it's category 4 and prices right now are about $600/night for the weekend. Let's see if I can any type of room upgrade at the HP as a globalist.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Here now. No lie prob the most impressive HP property I’ve seen in the US. Lobby beautiful glass walls overlooking beach. Pool is huge w lazy River. Weather is poor so haven’t been able to use.

Proactively upgraded to one BR suite as globalist.

So far I’m quite pleased
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:21 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Any recent stays here. Looking at a late May stay mid-week.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:37 pm

I have a stay coming up, have zero expectations. This place seems to hate Hyatt members.

- Tried to apply Globalist suite upgrade voucher. They claim, their hotel does not have suites (when they clearly advertise suites). Globalist Support says, nothing we can do. But it gets better.
- Hotel sends an email to everybody upfront, saying that the Hyatt Place brand does not participate in the WOH program (lie) and that their hotels would not give any of the benefits. No upgrades (they offer you cash upgrades), no late checkout, no waived resort fee on award stays.

To me this is just fraud and some kind of parasite behavior. They want to get the bookings by using the Hyatt brand, but they simply deny the agreed terms of the program. Hotels like this one should be avoided at any cost. I wonder if it makes sense to bring this up to Hyatt customer service but somehow doubt that they'd do anything about it.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:44 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
I have a stay coming up, have zero expectations. This place seems to hate Hyatt members.

- Tried to apply Globalist suite upgrade voucher. They claim, their hotel does not have suites (when they clearly advertise suites). Globalist Support says, nothing we can do. But it gets better.
- Hotel sends an email to everybody upfront, saying that the Hyatt Place brand does not participate in the WOH program (lie) and that their hotels would not give any of the benefits. No upgrades (they offer you cash upgrades), no late checkout, no waived resort fee on award stays.

To me this is just fraud and some kind of parasite behavior. They want to get the bookings by using the Hyatt brand, but they simply deny the agreed terms of the program. Hotels like this one should be avoided at any cost. I wonder if it makes sense to bring this up to Hyatt customer service but somehow doubt that they'd do anything about it.
TSU/SUA are excluded from HP and HH, irrespective if they have Suites or not.

not participating in WoH? Now that definitely is weird. Thanks for the heads up. Should I receive such email I will forward to my MHC ahead to resolve.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Hosserunda

HH/HP are specifically excluded not just from SUA, but from complimentary upgrades in general. They are supposed to abide by the rest of the benefits, in this case waived resort fees on award stays and late checkout (although the latter would be subject to availability if they're classified as a resort)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.