FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Earning Points When Paying with Gift Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/579049-earning-points-when-paying-gift-card.html)

Mary2e Jul 16, 2006 3:51 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure. It may have been discussed late last year when they first did the promotion.

lovtofly3 Jul 16, 2006 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Mary,

I have never previously thought of Gift Checks as almost all of my current travel is international.

As the "rules" seem a little vague (they refer to what is printed on the front of the actual certificate), can you please confirm that they are valid for use at all international properties. (I have seen the list which refers to "HG" and "HC" but there does not seem to ba an explanation of these terms)

Looking down the list of where the gift CARDS are accepted,there are NO international properties (Europe,Asia,Middleast,Africa).
As for the gift CHECK,yes there OK.
The problem is the Promo states it's for the gift CARDS, not checks.

Brendan Jul 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Wow, Hyatt, that was oh-so-fast! ^
I just ordered $900 in Hyatt GCs last night at 10 PM EDT. 23 hours later, my 9000 bonus points are in my account!
In Dec. I had 2 wait a couple weeks.

Nub2travel, err on the high side, because the GCs never expire. Besides, U do expect to stay at more Hyatts after Aruba, don't U?

TravelGuy1965 Jul 19, 2006 10:50 pm

Well there goes $1500.

As I value GPs at about $0.02 each these are like a 20% discount when used!

kevino Jul 20, 2006 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Well there goes $1500.

As I value GPs at about $0.02 each these are like a 20% discount when used!

Exactly the way I see it. :)

ashaboe Jul 24, 2006 7:08 am

And you let them get away with this? :eek: ;)

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes. I ordered 15k worth at one time last year. I got 3 $500 cards. The points posted within a week.

Mary2e Jul 24, 2006 7:52 am

I meant to say 15k points worth. That's $1500 and was as 3 $500 certificates.

Why wouldn't they let me get away with it? There was no limit on the amount you could buy.

Brendan Jul 24, 2006 8:08 am

Mary2e,
Ashaboe asked whether YOU let THEM get away with sending you only $1500 in GCs, having misunderstood what you just clarified in Post #22.

Mary2e Jul 24, 2006 9:30 am

Oops, you're right.... I misread :(

thesilb Jul 24, 2006 11:51 am

It is a happy day for me...we are going to Kauai with a large family contingent in November, I just got everyone to agree to send me checks so I can buy giftcards to use...I am about to charge $14,000...yippee 140,000 Hyatt points and 14,000 Starpoints (for the amex charge) :) :) :)

This promo rocks...

Mary2e Jul 24, 2006 12:30 pm

^^^^^

Wow... what a great idea. That will just about cover a 10 day return to Kauai - perhaps to recover from the family trip ;) :) :) :)

gregorygrady Jul 24, 2006 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by thesilb
It is a happy day for me...we are going to Kauai with a large family contingent in November, I just got everyone to agree to send me checks so I can buy giftcards to use...I am about to charge $14,000...yippee 140,000 Hyatt points and 14,000 Starpoints (for the amex charge) :) :) :)

This promo rocks...

Wow, well done!! ^ You are basically getting a free 9 night stay at GH Kauai, and heck even a free night at the Princeville thrown in on top to break up the 9 night stay down in Poipu. :D Good job. ^

thesilb Jul 24, 2006 10:42 pm

Thanks for the many smilies Mary2e & Gregorygrady ... I was pretty psyched to get it all organized (but Mary - it does only equate to 6 nights in Kauai since after your trip report I no longer find it possible to stay in anything but a suite there!!!) :cool:

sggolf Jul 25, 2006 5:23 am

Can I use the gift cards for international properties like in Taipei?

Oops, guess not...

Hyatt Gift Cards
Hyatt Gift Cards are as easy to use as a credit or debit card, for payment towards lodging or dining at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean. The cards can also be used at any Hyatt operated restaurant or lounge without having to be guest of the hotel. If registered as a guest of the hotel, the recipient can also use the card to cover other Hyatt services charged to the room. Cards can be issued in various denominations to fit any budget and do not expire.

Richard1148 Jul 25, 2006 2:20 pm

How long does it generally take to receive the gift cards in the mail?