Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United-1K, Million Miler; SPG-Titanium and Lifetime Platinum; Globalist

New hotel, opened in December, in downtown Denver, a few blocks from the GH Denver. The rates for all dates I have looked at are $1 higher than staying at the GH down the street.

Valet parking is $24 per day.

Lobby is huge and very open - ready for hundreds of guests at a time. I checked in Tuesday night, and it was dead. Staff mentioned they had only had 40 check ins, sames as the night before. Decor is neutral with sleek furniture and a few stone walls.

There is a Perks coffe shop with a good selection of snacks, bakery items, coffee and drinks. I did not try the other restaurants or bars.

Stayed in 3511, on the regency club floor. Rooms are smaller than the GH Denver. Standard Hyatt Bed, plasma tv. No desk, but the wall opposite the bed has a long counter with a desk chair. Bath products were H20.

Hint: Mountain View rooms are even numbers. I requested a mountain view, and could see them when I leaned out my window. Regency club was across the hall (an even number) and the view was great.

Regency club breakfast was cheese, bakery items, cereal, coffee, juice, etc. I do not remember any hot items. Regency club is very large, with a very large flat screen tv, iods, and nice furniture. Much nicer club than at the GH.

This is a nice property, but not a lot of frills. It is basically a toss up between this location and the GH Denver.
Old May 23, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We just completed a stay at this hotel and all I can say is that it's quite spectacular. The huge lobby is gorgeous, with wonderful art work. The staff was unbelievable. We walked out of the elevator from the garage to check-in and an agent came from behind the desk and met us half way and greeted us, introduced himself and brought us over to the desk where he checked us in. We've stayed in Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental and no one has ever done that.

Likewise in the Regency Club, the concierge and assistant each came over and introduced themselves and asked if they could be of any assistance, They went out of their way to locate a restaurant whose name and address I had misplaced. However, this was the only club I have been in where there was no hot appetizers, but the canapes were wonderful.

The room was average Hyatt size. As requested they gave us a non-connecting room with a great view of the Rockies (view rooms are even numbered). Quiet and nicely decorated. Self parking was very easy with no long walks.

This was one of the best Hyatt's I have ever visited.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Our family of 4 stays here 1-2 times per year for "weekend in the city" type of stays. Before I was even aware of the GP program, I was always impressed by the courteous customer service at this hotel. We completed a stay last weekend, which was my first stay as a Diamond. Used an upgrade certificate and was given a double room (our request) on the 26th floor with the connecting "Aspen" suite. The connector suite is huge: a 6-seat dining room table, kitchen with full refrigerator (but no cooking appliances), sitting area, and murphy bed. If you're a Diamond and staying for an extended period with family or a larger group, a good strategy would be to book a paid double or king room, use a suite upgrade certificate, and book another room with FFN or points. It looks like you can get two sleeping rooms (probably one king, one double) on either side of the Aspen suite, which would give you two sleeping rooms, one living room, three bathrooms, and tons of space.

Nice hors d'ouvres offered in the RC. The health club at this hotel is quite nice with outdoor views and a lap pool that easily accommodates kids and families on weekend stays. On family stays, we usually book a package that includes reduced breakfast buffet at Altitudes restaurant. It's a good breakfast, but the buffet ends at 10 or 10:30 am, I think, so plan accordingly.

The only blemish I've encountered with this hotel is that I nearly always have to call to get bonus points posted correctly. Other than my 6.5 points per dollar spent, I had to call to get my 3000 NBT, 2000 G2, and 1000 diamond amenity points posted.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Great Hotel

Clean Hotel. Great location.

RC is clean and large. Cold food only. Nice spread with great views. Open all Day for access to water and quiet time.

Parking is expensive. Not connected to convention center. You must walk outside to get to it. Don't worry, it's right across the street.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.27M Hyatt Diamond Marriott SLVR HHonors GLD
My Favorite in Denver

On business, this is a great hotel. On-site FedEx Kinkos, 24 hr fitness center, and indoor heated lap pool are all awesome. The food from Altitude (on site restaurant) is good, but does not keep me from walking to 16th St for dinner and drinks. RC is OK; not much protein on display at any meal (usually one cheese, or maybe smoked salmon for breakfast). Lunchtime snacks very disappointing. The Peaks Bar on 27 is outstanding, both for its views and the drinks/ambience. Coffee shop in the lobby is open 24hrs, which is nice, and the lobby bar (Strata) is open until 0200.

I've stayed there with Mrs. Stbeeman and Jr. on 2 occasions - excellent experiences. Highly recommend the hotel, although parking is a bit steep ($28/day).
Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center- Good GM!

Currently staying @ Hyatt Regency in Denver. I have no status with Hyatt, am not even a Gold Passport member (although I am part of the organizing organization for a large convention that had booked many, many rooms at the Hyatt this week and as such I am in a comped room).

Called ahead to the hotel prior to my arrival to request a fridge in the room. Then arrived earlier than expected, was able to check in early, they'd have to send the fridge up "right away," they didn't have one pre-placed (b/c of my early arrival). Ok, no problem.

Went out to lunch & to grab a few grocery items, came back an hour later, no fridge, so I called down to front desk. What gives, where's my fridge, I now have stuff to put in said fridge.

"Will send one up right away, we're sorry."

Ok, no big deal, I go to the gym, one hour later I come back, my fridge is in place and I load it up.

Fifteen minutes later, I get a call from the hotel manager to apologize for the fridge snafu. No biggie, says I, thanks for calling. Manager wants to send up a bottle of wine. Nothing is necessary, says I. How about coffee and a pastry tomorrow am? Really nothing is necessary, I insist. Manager insists and finally we settle on comping the charge for the fridge.

So there you have it: a hotel manager who gives a hoot about the tiniest little lapse and takes pains to erase it from memory. Two solid thumbs up.

H
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by heathpack
So there you have it: a hotel manager who gives a hoot about the tiniest little lapse and takes pains to erase it from memory. Two solid thumbs up.
I'm not surprised by your experience with management on this issue, as I've stayed at this property many times and have been consistently satisfied.

It is a great hotel -- I would definitely recommend it.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Stayed here one night in connection with a meeting at the convention center. Very convenient, rooms are reasonably sizable, quiet and standard HR quality. The price is also good compared with downtown alternatives. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Last night I visited the regency club on the 35th floor. There were 4 small bowls of crudites, and 2 cold appetizers, one I had no idea what it was and the other were tiny prosciutto wrapped asparagus.

This was by far the absolute worst regency club evening offering I have ever seen. Embarrassing.

Why is there such a disparity between regency club offerings?
Old May 8, 2012, 11:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I just saw this post.
I’ve never stayed at this property but do have an upcoming stay soon.
Thanks for the warning
It seems Hyatt corporate since the recession started some years ago gave hotels the wiggle room to downgrade standards at their own free will to cut items and reduce variety and or quality

Years ago most Hyatt hotels with club lounges had very high quality standards
However it is more hit and miss these days. In some select cases it has ended all my business with an individual hotel.As in the case of Hyatt Regency La Jolla property
A perfect example of a reasonably failed Regency Club
Both other San Diego properties Mission Bay /Manchester do a stand out job with their offerings. The La Jolla property at one time was excellent now it majors in stinginess and no care whatsoever to make things better from management.Its been written about by other guests so apparently those rare hotels consider it good business........
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
2 night convention stay. late arrival, hotel had been sold out for months, did not expect an upgrade and didn't receive one. Was also a day late, so RC floor (35th) was booked solid, ended up on 32. Fairly standard Hyatt room, but did notice that AC struggled the entire time I was there....but extremely hot, so perhaps is not always the case.

I did NOT make it to the RC at nite, so cannot speak to the selection. I did go every morning, and was pleased. Lots of fresh fruit (that was ripe and tasted good...not half ripe and bland), with a nice selection of pastries & muffins that were super fresh and varied daily. I do not mean to imply that the selection was above average...but the quality definitely was! Host was very friendly and pleasant, and kept everything refreshed and spotless. Snacks in the afternoon were cookies, nuts, assorted snack mixes...I did think this above average for a US hotel - but then again, I rarely am at the hotel at snack time, so could be incorrect.

Ordered room service twice, nothing too complicated, so all arrived OK and in a timely fashion. All staff encountered was pleasant and accommodating, bell staff particularly so. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby, as well as a Starbucks/giftshop.

Convention center right across the street, and trolley (or whatever they call it) stop is also close. There is lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance...even a place featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Wouldn't say a spectacular stay- but absolutely no complaints, and certainly would stay there again.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:09 pm

Were u part of the Western Conservative Conference???

Was there on June 30 and again right now.........

Agree with the statement...... Very good service indeed. Hotel manager went and greeted me upon the completion of manual check in......

Second time I used automated check in because it seems like the same line is used for both regular and Platinum/Diamond Gold Passport members (even though there is a sign for one particular check in counter)..... and there was a wait

Food at the Altitude was great.....

RC Lounge was good, quite busy at times.... standard Hyatt lounge.....but I would prefer a little more variation of Hors d'oeuvre over the evening (I recall it varied quite a lot at the Grand Hyatt SF)....... were offered shrimps (cooked in two styles - garlic/chili), BBQ chicken on sliced baguette, standard stuff cheese/hummus/veges/dips..... Later were some small desserts and Lemon Pie.....

Parking - self is $25 and valet is $30.....nice underground lot of in out privileges.....this weekend has been busy.....but I really love the vibrancy and modern looking hotel.....

One thing..... one of my two rooms (odd number on 35th floor) didnt have a closet...........

For the price of $109 at this location/quality....its a no brainer for me (better value than the Hyatt Place Des Moines for $161 )

Last edited by global happy traveller; Jul 1, 2012 at 10:16 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I stayed here over Labor Day weekend 2011 and paid about $80 AAA per night for a 3-night stay. The location is good but the parking garage was packed. They had a lot of leisure travelers with cars. Used a diamond suite upgrade and got a suite with a huge living room. I thought the evening RC offerings were limited. Did eat breakfast one or two mornings in the restaurant as we had breakfast certs from our AAA rate. The restaurant breakfast was good.

Overall a good stay.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Never stayed here but the limited RC selection reflects my experience down the street at the Sheraton Downtown. Evening offering was very limited but at least there was 1 hot item. Nothing to speak of in the moring - all cold offferings.

MY DTC sheraton stay had the opposite - 2 hot items and free beer / mix drinks. It was a shocker as I do not know of any US mainliand sheratons to offer this. But if one wants a really good evening selection in a RC, try the DTC Marriott.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:31 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up Great property with team members and management that care

This marks my second stay at this property and I personally can't rave enough about the property and the team members on board
The hotel goes above and beyond for Diamond members.
On both revenue stays
With my suite upgrades I was upgraded to A true VIP suite and full kitchen and dining room with exceptional city and mountain views
One of the nights was on a stay certificate and yet they still confirmed all the nights
My VIP welcome even at 130 AM in the morning was as good as it gets.

I always liked the Grand Hyatt in Denver however I will be kicking and screaming every time if I am not able to book at the HR convention center
Where guest satisfaction and customer service is taken seriously
My thanks to all the good folks at the Hyatt Regency Convention center
Especially the management here who empowers their associates to respond above and beyond to any concern that arises proactively.
More comments to follow about my stay upon my return
Well done!!!!^
Highly Recommended

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 9, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.