Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Thailand - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin Thailand - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:52 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by dsquared37
While a sizable portion of the voters had not read, or not fully read, the referendum (not even getting into whether they understood exactly what they were voting for) I fail to see how 62% approaches a huge, DPRK style, majority.
Probably wouldn't matter. It's an interim step, I believe, to maintain the calm, so they don't have to repeat the violence and disorder in the last go around. You know, it'a all sabai, sabai.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by rbAA
Probably wouldn't matter. It's an interim step, I believe, to maintain the calm, so they don't have to repeat the violence and disorder in the last go around. You know, it'a all sabai, sabai.
Significantly it weds the military into politics so not completely interim. But this is moving a bit further than we should likely tread in here.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - let's return to discussing the property and not the Thai politics. Thanks!

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:52 pm

late night taxis back to hotel

What are the options for getting back to the hotel late at night, like after midnight? If I plan on going out within Hua Hin, will there be plenty of tuk-tuks to get at this point in the night or are you stuck walking (which isn't really an option with how far and being late at night)? Thank you.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Plenty of tuk-tuks in town.....
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Plenty of tuk-tuks in town.....
. . . and taxis.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by RTW1
That's what I'm saying... people get upgraded to the club section for their suite, or they pay the upcharge to get the better suite. Normally you will only get the entry suite when that's the only one available, like at the time you stayed. There are so few of the Regency suites that they are hard to get on a DSU. I normally have to ask to get a Regency Executive suite and pay the small upcharge. But I agree that the basic rooms (both standard and suites) are not up to scratch at this property.
Just wanted to update this thread a bit. We are booked here in July and used a TSU and are confirmed in a Regency Executive Suite, not Regency Suite. And it appears if you look at the website both of those suites are designated as "Standard Suites". Wonder how they decide which one to upgrade into? Are the Executive ones just the ones on the higher floors and therefore the square footage comes in from the larger balcony?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just spent two nights here a Barai Balcony Suite. Amazing experience, night and day difference from staying in the regular resort. We were assigned a personal butler on arrival (Jan) who took care of literally everything for us. Without question this was the finest service I've ever experienced. The suite itself is stunning (photos on website don't do it justice). We also loved the Barai Spa and meals at McFarland House (though service there was a bit unpolished). If staying at the resort, I would pay for breakfast at McFarland House over free buffet in the Regency Club. The prices are extremely reasonable and the atmosphere and food quality well worth it.

While the stay was not cheap, I would absolutely return to one of the Barai suites.
Aventine likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just spent two nights here a Barai Balcony Suite. Amazing experience, night and day difference from staying in the regular resort. We were assigned a personal butler on arrival (Jan) who took care of literally everything for us. Without question this was the finest service I've ever experienced. The suite itself is stunning (photos on website don't do it justice). We also loved the Barai Spa and meals at McFarland House (though service there was a bit unpolished). If staying at the resort, I would pay for breakfast at McFarland House over free buffet in the Regency Club. The prices are extremely reasonable and the atmosphere and food quality well worth it.

While the stay was not cheap, I would absolutely return to one of the Barai suites.
Totally agree with you there, & the butlers are a gem, although we never use them much. While a barai suite is not cheap, i think its extremely good value. Paid about the same amount per night to stay at the Ritz Carlton Bali and it was night & day. They're not in the same league let alone the same continent.... We have only stayed in a balcony suite, and they 're great. I like the view waking up in the morning which you don't get from the pool suites.
For breakfast it's no contest McFarlands wins over Regency Club (RC) & Figs. For happy hour though, while the drinks are off much higher quality than the RC, we had the tendency to prefer the snacks at the RC. So we would alternate one evening each...

Now only if you could get me those rooms, the barai spa and the McFarland House (the guacamole on soudourgh bread and poached eggs is delicious, as is the yogurt and fresh fruit dishes for breakfast) at the PH MLE, I would almost be in paradise

Last edited by synd; Dec 30, 2018 at 6:43 pm Reason: clarification
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by synd
For happy hour though, while the drinks are off much higher quality than the RC, we had the tendency to prefer the snacks at the RC. So we would alternate one evening each...
We did happy hour one night at McFarland . . . they brought us a three-level tower of hors d'oeuvres and deserts. While it was nice, it encouraged over consumption I'd prefer a buffet.

We generally found that we were happiest staying within the Barai compound. Ventured out to Cicada one night, and couldn't get back fast enough Traffic in Hua Hin seemed much worse than I remembered, though perhaps that's just the holidays.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Nice you got to finish off your Hyatt year on a high after a few previous lows! I will have to keep that Barai suite in mind.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT

The Barai suit is about $600 VS a regular $140+ room is a good deal.

I have had butlers at a few Hyatt's, but never found them too useful? A rate that is 4X a regular room the butler, 60 mins of spa and the extra space is worth that much?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by smilee

I have had butlers at a few Hyatt's, but never found them too useful? A rate that is 4X a regular room the butler, 60 mins of spa and the extra space is worth that much?
Sometimes there's really not any point in explaining
synd likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Sometimes there's really not any point in explaining
+1.
We used to book a balcony suite and have guaranteed upgrade to pool suite 5! I haven't tried yet but would be worth seeing if Prive will do the same (I don't see why not). Any willing volunteers - let me know and I'll try for you!
synd likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by smilee

It's like 3 different hotels at this property. At the low end you have the regular rooms and suites. At the middle, there's the regency club rooms and suites and the Barai side of the hotel at the high end. And there are facilities reserved for the RC side and the Barai side. Globalists get access to the RC side, even if they end up in a regular room.

Some people here think it's worth it. I've never stayed on the Barai side. I do think there's a big difference between the regular rooms and suites and the RC rooms and suites, and from what I gather from other folks that have posted in this thread, is that there's a huge difference between the RC rooms and the Barai side of the property.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.