Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch (rebranding to GH) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch (rebranding to GH) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:51 pm

The standard suite as they like to call the large room is nothing to write home about. I would not burn an upgrade for it.
iahphx and Wilbur like this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbbb
The standard suite as they like to call the large room is nothing to write home about. I would not burn an upgrade for it.
Thanks for that tip. I'll save my certificate.
Can anyone update me on the Globalist breakfast benefit? Is the buffet still unimpressive? Is there a limit on a la carte breakfast? I often have a hard time getting a straight answer about that at check-in. The front desk staff sometimes doesn't know, and it can be the same with the restaurant staff.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
My first ever stay as a globalist and I got squat here for an upgrade and the place couldn’t have been more than 30% full. I saw less than 10 people in the pools the entire day.
You don't go to this resort for the upgrades you go for the CLOSED Regency Club as a Globalist. The resort grounds are spectacular with a nice pool and outdoor dining. The rooms are all pretty meh in my opinion and I have stayed in many. Probably have put over 150 nights here the past 20 or so years. Until the Regency Club reopens I won't be staying here.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:55 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by smilee
You don't go to this resort for the upgrades you go for the CLOSED Regency Club as a Globalist. The resort grounds are spectacular with a nice pool and outdoor dining. The rooms are all pretty meh in my opinion and I have stayed in many. Probably have put over 150 nights here the past 20 or so years. Until the Regency Club reopens I won't be staying here.
we will be here early June. Heard of any rumors when the Club will be open again? One of the nicest clubs in the US with the outside patio area and pond. Club offerings were not that good, but ok.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:44 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Website indicates the RC is closed until further notice.
while other RC‘s are opening up nationwide… are there any restrictions from the AZ state that clubs are still closed. It would be pretty much high season now for Scottsdale I‘d presume.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
are there any restrictions from the AZ state that clubs are still closed.
lol absolutely not. Cost-cutting and/or staffing problems.
bbbb and 59Impala like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Originally Posted by bbbb
I just applied one to the Fountain Court suite for a 3-day stay later this year. The pics and description look good as "Enjoy Fountain Court views from a private balcony in this well-appointed suite offering one or two bedroom options along with 400 sq ft of separate parlor with Murphy wall bed". Another standard suite is called Palm Suite which looks like a large room.

OK, does Fountain Court worth it? Thanks! If yes, I will have 1 TSU left to cover Christmas and early 2023.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Wintertiger
I just applied one to the Fountain Court suite for a 3-day stay later this year. The pics and description look good as "Enjoy Fountain Court views from a private balcony in this well-appointed suite offering one or two bedroom options along with 400 sq ft of separate parlor with Murphy wall bed". Another standard suite is called Palm Suite which looks like a large room.

OK, does Fountain Court worth it? Thanks! If yes, I will have 1 TSU left to cover Christmas and early 2023.
Yes I would use one for that suite, last time I looked it was not showing as standard.
Wintertiger and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:26 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Wintertiger

I booked 2 of these suites for our stay in June. Will report back.
Wintertiger likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:27 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Kacee
lol absolutely not. Cost-cutting and/or staffing problems.
that is what I thought. I wrote to the hotel as well and awaiting their feedback on RC opening. The term UFN does not provide any confidence it will be open for my June stay…
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:07 am
eh9

RC

I heard from a Hyatt team member that their regency club will be permanently closed. Hope it’s not true.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:13 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by 59Impala
that is what I thought. I wrote to the hotel as well and awaiting their feedback on RC opening. The term UFN does not provide any confidence it will be open for my June stay…
Originally Posted by eh9
I heard from a Hyatt team member that their regency club will be permanently closed. Hope it’s not true.

that is what I feared…. Their response to my inquiry is not very promising either…

Good Morning,

Unfortunately we do not have a time period when our regency club will return, as of right now it is on an indefinite hiatus
Feel free to check with us from time to time, of course we will share details as they come along!

Warm regards,

Reservations Team
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:01 pm

Ah that sucks. The RC here was pretty decent, at least when it wasn't super crowded.
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a globalist, the resort was fine. Not great, but fine. No suites were available upon check-in, but they gave us a decent room facing the pool and mountains with a very large balcony (more than enough room for 2 lounge chairs and tables and chairs). Hotel in early April was sold out with lots school children and the now returning business conferences. This surprised us a bit because we thought there might be a semi-quiet window between spring break/spring training and the late Easter holiday.

The hotel feels a bit aged and lacks the pizazz of a signature feature. To me, it feels like a conference hotel with a nice (but crowded) pool area. They have a decent adult pool and a larger family pool that does have a very fast water slide. Good mountain scenery and lots of flowers. I don't really understand why anyone would pay $800 night room-only for this "experience," but it's a reasonable way to use your Hyatt points.

Globalists have a bit of an odd breakfast set up. Next to the main restaurant, they open up the Alto Bar for Globalists and put some non-alcoholic self serve beverages there and a few muffins and such. You can then walk "next door" and grab what you want from the regular breakfast buffet. The buffet food is good, but pretty basic and not an interesting spread.

They also gave us vouchers good for 2 signature cocktails each night, which was nice as we could listen to the nightly musician in the lobby bar (some acts were better than others), The first time we had the grapefruit vodka martini it was exceptional, but after that the drinks were just good. BTW, they'd otherwise cost almost $20/each. Globalists can also get sodas and chips and granola bats for free from the front desk by asking.

Bottomline, I think almost every couple would enjoy the nearby Andaz more, simply because the casitas there are more peaceful and the grounds feel more spacious and special. The Hyatt Regency feels more like a conference/family hotel. I doubt we'd return.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iahphx
I don't really understand why anyone would pay $800 night room-only for this "experience"
Just high season pricing in the valley. We had to pay $500+ per night for a block of rooms at the AC Biltmore recently.
iahphx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.