FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/469169-1000-point-diamond-amenity-check-once-per-stay.html)

SF1K Sep 4, 2005 11:02 am

This has just made Hyatt more attractive to me than SPG, couldn't come at a better time. Just looked at my spending for last year and comparing Category 1 - 4 I would have earned more free nights with Hyatt with my travel patterns than with SPG. Glad I just received my Diamomd comp - looks like Hyatt will be my number 1 choice now with SPG as secondary.

Mad4Miles Sep 4, 2005 11:54 am

1000 point diamond amenity at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa.

trd Sep 4, 2005 2:08 pm

checked into the Hyatt Woodfield (Chicago) yesterday -- they offered 1000 GP points as an alternative to amenity, so that plus the GP Bonus of 1500 + 580 "paid" points gives me 3080 GP points for a $89 rate (103 with taxes) plus half a FFN. Not to bad a deal.

trd Sep 4, 2005 2:19 pm

also at Woodfield yesterday.

Mary2e Sep 4, 2005 3:43 pm

I can confirm that it's available in New Brunswick also. I called the front desk manager, with whom I spoke at check in yesterday and told him what I was doing ;). He never gave me the amenity card because I wasn't staying. After reading the info here I called him (he gave me his card) and said that he would put it on my room. BUT, he was not certain I could use it with the G2 promotion - which doesn't make any sense at all. But he said he would try.

I'm checking into this hotel again tomorrow, so I'll get to check my account online to see if, in fact, both work together.

In my mind they should, as they are not related, but I'll confirm for everyone.

dd Sep 4, 2005 7:33 pm

not offered and they didn't know anything about it at either the grand hyatt seoul or the hyatt regency incheon. why don't asian hyatts ever offer the diamond amenities! :(

cmhua777 Sep 4, 2005 8:05 pm

Both Hyatt hotels in Orlando now offer it. They said it was official policy beginning the first of the month for all domestic properties but didn't know about int'l.

TravelGuy1965 Sep 4, 2005 10:08 pm

I just called Fair Lakes and they told me the 1000GP won't apply until you physically checkout. Sounds strange. This could be why my G2 didn't post for Friday night stay there.

787 Sep 4, 2005 10:42 pm

It was on the list at Bellevue Washington today.

GeneCMH Sep 5, 2005 1:56 am

HR Orange County

Got it for Friday night at Orange County. All posted correctly the next day.

Threy Sep 5, 2005 2:48 am

Great news, Thanks for the heads up gregorygrady !

While I value 1000 GP even higher ( calculating to use them at Amerisuites and Hawthorn ) I will also opt for the points option in almost every case, especially if the property has a Regency Club.

Seems to be cheaper for the hotel anyway and also a plus for the customers...

Hopefully we will see it at international properties as well...

gregorygrady Sep 5, 2005 10:51 am

Originally Posted by dd
not offered and they didn't know anything about it at either the grand hyatt seoul or the hyatt regency incheon. why don't asian hyatts ever offer the diamond amenities! :(

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. :td:

best Sep 5, 2005 10:53 am

It seems that now based on the above posts, and supported by actual past experiences, the Hyatts outside of US follow different rules and in some cases their own rules.

gregorygrady Sep 5, 2005 11:42 am

I just called the Diamond C.S. Line to clarify the 1,000 point amenity. Turns out my above code was reversed. The amenity code is actually "1W". The CS agent said it can't be requested on the phone, but must be checked off on the box on the Diamond Amenity. But she also said that it is being offered at ALL HYATTS WORLDWIDE!! So either the Korean Hyatts haven't received the forms yet, or else they are not playing by the rules (not surprising from the GH Seoul, but surprising from the HR Incheon as they follow the GP rules well). IIRC though, HR Seoul just left a box of chocolates in the room as a Diamond Amenity the 2 times I stayed there, they didn't officially offer me a Diamond Amenity choice. And GH Seoul told me they don't offer a Diamond Amenity and that my upgrade to the GC floor WAS my Diamond Amenity (even though they charged me extra to be on the side of the hotel with the better(?) "river view").

Mary2e Sep 5, 2005 2:19 pm

I did get both the G2 & Diamond amenity points. So, for about $120 I got 3500 points plus 1/2 FFN. I'm wondering if phantom stays are even worth it any longer unless the rate is really really low.

What's your opinion? How much do you think 3000 points are worth in room price differential?