Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Wild Oaks Ranch - San Antonio, TX REVIEW -MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Anyone heard of this vacation club property? This is next door to the Hill Country Resort. We recently rec'd an invitation to stay there (of course, in return for our time in a presentation) for onl $49 if checking in Sun-Thurs. $89 for Thurs to Sat check in. In addition, the former option would also include a $100 GC to the property's rest, etc ($50 for the latter option). Does anyone know if the $49/$89 rate would be eligible for GP points (& in essence, FFN credit)? Has anyone rec'd this offer before?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
Does anyone know if the $49/$89 rate would be eligible for GP points (& in essence, FFN credit)? Has anyone rec'd this offer before?
My guess is that if you are staying at the hotel and not the timeshare the $49/$89 you pay will not count towards GP credit since you pay that to the timeshare arm of Hyatt and not the hotel, but any qualifing incedentials should still get you a stay credit. I can not see how it would be any different than an award/PL stay.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
My guess is that if you are staying at the hotel and not the timeshare the $49/$89 you pay will not count towards GP credit since you pay that to the timeshare arm of Hyatt and not the hotel, but any qualifing incedentials should still get you a stay credit. I can not see how it would be any different than an award/PL stay.
That makes sense...per a vacation club rep, they stated that I would be able to receive GP points. Who knows if that is really the case since he didn't seem to know about the program itself.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:03 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
I agree with 1K

I am with SEA, you are probably going to stay at Hill Country. If you are diamond, check to see if the RC is open. We went in 2002 and were there for the final weekend it was open before winter. (In 2002, it was the last weekend of October). No one was in the resort when we went! Fun property...

I think my dad (IHH) has done this with Bonita, but not sure. Again, I think you might want to look into charging some incidentals.

Not hard to do as they have a nice new spa, which is the same brand as... (Bonita, I think!) Stillwater, is that the Bonita one?

But, you can get Bumble and Bumble products! Yum!!!

I highly recommend a yummy shower in the 12 nozzle shower... Yummy!
Old May 10, 2017, 7:39 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by subdawg
Anyone heard of this vacation club property?
Had a two night stay a couple weekends ago.

Checkin was smooth, quick. No real recognition of Diamond status (or Globalist as I'm now called) that I was aware of. No free breakfast as this is not a hotel.

Speaking of breakfast, the Ice House is a convenience store/market on the property, they sell beer/wine, drinks and breakfast sandwiches as well, the sausage & egg breakfast sandwich on croissant was quite a tasty sandwich (~$6 per).

Pool seemed crowded with chairs, once the other 1/2 of the condo units are developed, it will be packed with people. Service at pool area was very good, the bartenders were terrific. Lazy river was quite fun and offered more seclusion. There is a beach play area for the kids on the lazy river.

Room was nice, small balcony with two chairs and small table. Microwave & fridge in room, along with plates, glassware, cutlery. Bathroom was large, clean. Bed comfy.

Free parking. Our condo building had an elevator.

Very family oriented activities, there is a "block" party on Sat nights, music, food (don't know if they charge), lots of families. They also have an outdoor movie screen for nighttime movies, early one is family/kid friendly, later movie is adult oriented.

Went out twice for dinner.
Viola's Ventanas for Mexican and everything there was just bad, very mediocre.
The Antlers is the steakhouse at the Hyatt Hill Country property, which was enjoyable.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Post #6 in 18 years...not the most popular property w/FTers it seems

Will do a cheapo night here ahead of a conference at the JW, knocks off the hard-to-get HRC badge (will be up to 14 after that)...any stays past 4 years?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Post #6 in 18 years...not the most popular property w/FTers it seems

Will do a cheapo night here ahead of a conference at the JW, knocks off the hard-to-get HRC badge (will be up to 14 after that)...any stays past 4 years?
I would be curious to know the same. Photos look really dated, but HRC is not an easy badge to get.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
We stay here once or twice or year. The property is showing it's age, but it's still in slightly better shape than the nearby Hyatt Regency in my opinion (although rumor is that the HR is getting a much needed full renovation soon). We like the property because the pool is less crowded (still pretty crowded though) than the main resort and the rooms are more spacious.

Service has certainly slipped with COVID (although of course prices are as high as ever), but we still had a good time. Just a couple examples, the slides all used to be 42" minimum height and there were lifeguards at all of them. Now there are no more lifeguards and it's 48" minimum height. Parking used to be free at the HR if you wanted to use the main hotel facilities and now they charge you $25. You also have to call and schedule a time for s'mores. They were always difficult with late check-outs (check-out is at 10am), but the past couple trips it didn't seem like they even tried to accommodate an early check-in or late check-out. The number of activities was also less than on our pre-COVID visits.

It's a solid property and not a bad choice if you're already thinking of staying at the HR down the street. Neither properties are worth a special trip though in my opinion.
UA-NYC and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.

Last edited by spgplat21; Aug 22, 2022 at 10:57 am
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by spgplat21
We stay here once or twice or year. The property is showing it's age, but it's still in slightly better shape than the nearby Hyatt Regency in my opinion (although rumor is that the HR is getting a much needed full renovation soon). We like the property because the pool is less crowded (still pretty crowded though) than the main resort and the rooms are more spacious.

Service has certainly slipped with COVID (although of course prices are as high as ever), but we still had a good time. Just a couple examples, the slides all used to be 42" minimum height and there were lifeguards at all of them. Now there are no more lifeguards and it's 48" minimum height. Parking used to be free at the HR if you wanted to use the main hotel facilities and now they charge you $25. You also have to call and schedule a time for s'mores. They were always difficult with late check-outs (check-out is at 10am), but the past couple trips it didn't seem like they even tried to accommodate an early check-in or late check-out. The number of activities was also less than on our pre-COVID visits.

It's a solid property and not a bad choice if you're already thinking of staying at the HR down the street. Neither properties are worth a special trip though in my opinion.
Oof, checkout at 10 AM - that makes the Grandma styling of the HR very palatable. Sounds like this would only be worth it for Brand Explorer.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Will be there for 8 hours max (just to sleep and go), and it's like $150....even with an extra Uber it's still a big savings over an extra JW night. Won't be much of a review but worth it for the ever-elusive HRC (last opportunity was in Key West for 40K points or $600/night...pass).
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reporting back - not much to report! Arrived midnight, left 8am. Definitely keep your expectations in check here (they called me right after booking to confirm that I knew the benefits aren't there for Globalists as it's an HRC).

Worth it as one of the cheaper/easier HRC options (I did it for the badge) - could be a fun family trip too during better weather months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.