Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
If I visit China again I might hire the hotel's car service- especially if I was landing at night.
Even though I had a printout in both Chinese and English-with phone numbers for the hotel it took the driver 20 minutes to get an idea of where the hotel was.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have experience using their E-Concierge service for booking tours? I will be in Beijing for only 3 days and want to make a trip to the wall during my stay.

For example they have an option for private car service to different Great Wall locations, promising English speaking driver and gate admission for RMB 1,580.00

I know that is more expensive than some other driver options, however it is appealing to me being that I can confirm it with the hotel and also have it added to my room bill. SO outside of the price, does anyone have any positive/negative experiences using this service?

Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
That´s great, especially the speedy service through elevator and lounge check-in past 10 pm. How much did you pay for the airport & car service in total?
700 RMB (= about $100) plus I gave him a $10 tip.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Does anyone have experience using their E-Concierge service for booking tours? I will be in Beijing for only 3 days and want to make a trip to the wall during my stay.

For example they have an option for private car service to different Great Wall locations, promising English speaking driver and gate admission for RMB 1,580.00

I know that is more expensive than some other driver options, however it is appealing to me being that I can confirm it with the hotel and also have it added to my room bill. SO outside of the price, does anyone have any positive/negative experiences using this service?

Thanks!
I emailed the E-Concierge, and I received a listing of tour options within about 15 minutes of e-mailing. I had them book my tour, and everything was charged directly to my room. It was super convenient during my short trip there. ^
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
I was there last weekend and prior to arrival was offered these rates for the car service:

Audi A6 : CNY700/per way per car
Mercedes Benz S-350 : CNY1020/per way per car
Benz Viano 6-seater : CNY1020/per way per car

If I was with my wife/family I would probably do this. As it was I took a taxi and again even though I had a printed sheet with the hotel address in Chinese and English, it took looking on a map with the driver for him to understand where we were going. We got there fine and he went what appeared to be fairly directly.

Had a good stay at this hotel. Enjoyed the lounge and great staff. Was upgraded to larger room which was just right. I liked the location and it was convenient to getting around by subway and by foot. I would stay here again.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Thanks!
As another option, my wife and I used thechinaguide.com. We are not usually tour people, but we essentially had a very long layover in Beijing with only one full day to see the Wall and Forbidden City. As such, I didn't want to take any chances. We had a private driver in a new VW and very fluent English speaking guide. We went out to Mutianyu first, then back to Tiananmen, then finally to the Forbidden City. Everything was basically on our schedule. We could spend as long as we wanted at each place without pressure. On the wall our guide stayed with us for a bit, then let us explore and then met back up with us for photos, etc. They also had no problem with us skipping the silk market as we had no interest in high pressure, inflated shopping. Overall, I was really pleased. No upcharges for anything including lunch, drinks, or the tickets/transport at the Wall.

Only downside would be the inability to charge it to your room. Looks like prices have gone up since I used them though and might actually be more expensive than the hotel's option which is interesting

http://www.thechinaguide.com/index.p...iew&tour_id=79
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Fyi, Tiananmen is the south gate of the Forbidden City.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by moondog
Fyi, Tiananmen is the south gate of the Forbidden City.
OK, I was using shorthand which I figured most would understand. Tiananmen Square....which is across the street
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13D15 Safari/601.1)

Originally Posted by Trustguy

Thanks!
I emailed the E-Concierge, and I received a listing of tour options within about 15 minutes of e-mailing. I had them book my tour, and everything was charged directly to my room. It was super convenient during my short trip there. ^
I've also used the hotel to coordinate a tour to the Great Wall. Twice actually. No problems either time.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:18 pm

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I'm actually at the GH now but used Catherine Lu to for organizing a tour to the Wall today -- she came highly recommended from others (all frequent travelers) who had used her in the past. There are a number of different Wall (and other) options on her website and she was very responsive.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all the replies.

I ended up booking with Simon for transport to/from the wall (based on recommendations on here) and using the hotel for a separate tour in the city.

I will be there next week and will post a follow up.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:06 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

I ended up booking with Simon for transport to/from the wall (based on recommendations on here) and using the hotel for a separate tour in the city.

I will be there next week and will post a follow up.
I'll be there too, though only for work. I do appreciate all the knowledge shared in this thread.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:57 pm

Minor update: Made in China restaurant was closed ffor remodel at the beginning of my stay, reopening early April. No longer available as a Diamond breakfast option.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Minor update: Made in China restaurant was closed ffor remodel at the beginning of my stay, reopening early April. No longer available as a Diamond breakfast option.
What are the options for Diamond breakfast? I will be there early May.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
That's a shame..... the lounge is good, but the Chinese options in the restaurant were nice once in a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.