Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Reports when property was managed by Marriott:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-marriott.html

Opens as Alila property 15 March 2021
Category 8
Does not participate in WOH Dining and Spa program (i.e., no points awarded for dining and spa activities)
  • Globalist Breakfast $
    • credit of $35/person per night (for up to 2 persons)
    • This means $70 total for breakfast
  • Electric Vehicle Charging Possible (not just Tesla)
    • The property has Tesla Home Chargers
    • They do have adapters from Tesla proprietary to J1772 which is helpful
  • $25 mini bar credit
  • $65 resort fee plus tax per night, https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...apcal/policies
    • Access to 24 hr Fitness Center with Peloton Bikes
    • Daily Movement Offerings Yoga Classes
    • Premium Internet Service
    • Spa & Pool Day Use Access including towels and water
    • TREK Bicycles available on a first come first served basis
    • Welcome glass of wine
    • Local and toll free calls
    • In-Room Daily Nespresso Coffee Service and Premium Tea Selection
    • Daily Shuttle Service to Downtown St. Helena
    • Nightly turndown service & Locally created custom treat
    • Welcome Gift Reusable Aluminium water bottle Upon Arrival
    • Sound Bath Meditation
    • Shoe shine service upon request
    • Electronic vehicle charging stations (Tesla or Universal)
    • Concierge Itinerary creation Services
    • Access to signature experiences & Exclusive winery partnership access
    • In-House Guest Preferred Spa Treaments Time
    • Boarding Pass Printing
  • Adults only 18+
Print Wikipost

Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by dsiderx2
Is this your website? If not, why are you pushing it? Alila Napa doesn't really have an issue with availability.
Until very recently, this hotel was terrible with no availability for huge portions of the year (e.g., most of the summer and fall, and holiday periods), so I for one really appreciated the update. They don't play games like Andaz Maui, but they definitely withheld inventory for large portions of the year, which it seems like they've now released.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jerry2015
almost all the dates are bookable including public holidays
This is very useful!
I was trying to book before the devaluation but didn’t see much availability for 2022.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Until very recently, this hotel was terrible with no availability for huge portions of the year (e.g., most of the summer and fall, and holiday periods), so I for one really appreciated the update. They don't play games like Andaz Maui, but they definitely withheld inventory for large portions of the year, which it seems like they've now released.
Seems like they got permission to offer more rooms post deval.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:41 pm

My wife and I are staying for our anniversary in Mid May. I just noticed the farmhouse suite opened up and applied a suite upgrade. After going through this thread it sounds like this room kind of sucks? I've only stayed here once and was in the junior suite and it was incredible. Should i ask if we can take the suite upgrade off or is there a chance theyd put me in the junior suite since that also seems to be a "standard" suite? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2022, 4:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I really like the farmhouse but it all depends on what you want. The other ones have different perks, like an outdoor bathtub or a fireplace. The farmhouse is just a short stairway up from the bar, which I found very fun.
SEAFlyer23 likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Not sure if this is just a temporary thing, but I see the room type for award stay is “Vineyard View High Floor” which is better than they used to offer for points/free night stay….. maybe it’s a good time to book using points/free night award?
Old May 8, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lomic
Just a normal 2 night booking. I was straining to think of anything like a merged booking that could cause confusion, but apart from the globalist upgrade and off-peak award there's nothing I can think of. I booked it 6 months ago and didn't touch the reservation since.
Happened to me as well on a guest of honor booking. They charged me $900 for two nights and it took a few emails to Hyatt corporate to get the charge refunded. Folio showed it was for the room rate, despite the whole reservation being booked on points.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
anyone know where i can get actual pics of a "JUNIOR SUITE"

ive actually stayed in a vineyard view junior suite before but it was huge.. like over 1,000 sq ft..

but i called today to verify which suite i have upcoming and they said on 2 separate phone calls, that im in a JUNIOR SUITE thats 650 square feet?

i cant even find online pics of a "SUITE" in that room size..

Are there two JUNIOR SUITES?
Old May 26, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by broncophil
anyone know where i can get actual pics of a "JUNIOR SUITE"

ive actually stayed in a vineyard view junior suite before but it was huge.. like over 1,000 sq ft..

but i called today to verify which suite i have upcoming and they said on 2 separate phone calls, that im in a JUNIOR SUITE thats 650 square feet?

i cant even find online pics of a "SUITE" in that room size..

Are there two JUNIOR SUITES?
I think they are now called “Corner King Vineyard View with Balcony” and there are 4 of them by the pool. The room description says "830-1,035 square feet" on Hyatt.com, but that sql is including the balcony, I think.

You can also see this on Alila’s site.
broncophil likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I think they are now called “Corner King Vineyard View with Balcony” and there are 4 of them by the pool. The room description says "830-1,035 square feet" on Hyatt.com, but that sql is including the balcony, I think.

You can also see this on Alila’s site.
ok this might make sense.

830 minus the balcony would be approx 650

maybe i got one of the smaller junior suites.

who knows. Thx
Old May 26, 2022, 5:21 pm

ok this might make sense.

830 minus the balcony would be approx 650

maybe i got one of the smaller junior suites.

who knows. Thx
you must have gotten the 3rd floor corner. The 2nd floor ones have balconies double the size compared to the 3rd.
broncophil likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
you must have gotten the 3rd floor corner. The 2nd floor ones have balconies double the size compared to the 3rd.
Thanks

my 2nd stay is upcoming. And i wouldnt mind a smaller balcony for a 3rd floor room. . One of my complaints was the noiseyness of the people upstairs. They werent loud i just heard everthing incliding just normal walking and talking
Old May 26, 2022, 5:55 pm

Thanks

my 2nd stay is upcoming. And i wouldnt mind a smaller balcony for a 3rd floor room. . One of my complaints was the noiseyness of the people upstairs. They werent loud i just heard everthing incliding just normal walking and talking
Maybe you didn’t get the 3rd floor junior suite before since 3rd floor is the highest floor.
broncophil likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:04 pm

Maybe you didn’t get the 3rd floor junior suite before since 3rd floor is the highest floor.
It could be Vineyard View Suite.? It was one of the upgradable suites via TSU and has about 1,000 sqf inside.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:04 pm

correct, i had the 2nd floor before..

i was saying on my upcoming stay, i would be ok with a smaller balcony in exchange for being on the top floor
beachmiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.