Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa

Hyatt Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa

Old Jul 7, 20, 7:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Programs: All
Posts: 50
Hyatt Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa

Hi All -

Anyone have any information on the Hyatt Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ma...-and-spa/albob ?

Although it is an all-inclusive, there does not seem to be availability for WoH Point Redemptions....any help is much appreciated !!
ma_zeoli is offline  
Old Jul 7, 20, 12:15 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 257
You have to call to book with points.
Zelucifer is online now  
Old Jul 7, 20, 5:42 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,140
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
You have to call to book with points.
Iím curious can you use a Cat 1-7 Certificate at Miraval Berkshires, Austin or Arizona?
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:09 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Iím curious can you use a Cat 1-7 Certificate at Miraval Berkshires, Austin or Arizona?
Miraval is the entire reason they switched from offering "free night at any hotel" to 'free night at any cat 1-7 hotel", in other words, no.
Zelucifer is online now  
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:18 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,140
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
Miraval is the entire reason they switched from offering "free night at any hotel" to 'free night at any cat 1-7 hotel", in other words, no.
Ah, good to know. Strange since you can book a $1,500 night with one (PH NYC or PH Sydney to name two) while Miraval would be $600-$1,200 but it is what it is.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 20, 10:50 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
You have to call to book with points.
Do you know what the points rate is (/should be)? It might be tempting with the 25% rebate promotion that's running now.
absoluy is offline  
Old Jul 8, 20, 11:28 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
Do you know what the points rate is (/should be)? It might be tempting with the 25% rebate promotion that's running now.
Coincidentally, I called a few minutes ago to book. They're not currently accepting point reservations, but the rate is 45k for a single and 65k for a double. I emailed my concierge to see if they have an expected date since the reservations specialist said he was clueless.
Zelucifer is online now  
Old Jul 17, 20, 10:33 am
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 860
It looks like they're now accepting points reservations and have a "buy one night using points, get one free" promo and the BOGO promo likely stacks with the ongoing 15/25% rebate.

This seems to be a pretty good deal if all works out - potentially 48,750 points for two nights for two people (based on 65k per night for two, buy one get one and 25% rebate on the 65k if you have a WOH card). The downside is that some of the facilities (e.g. sauna, steam rooms) are closed and some may be not as comfortable as they would have been pre-COVID (e.g. wearing a mask in the gym).

The BOGO needs to be booked via the phone, but you can search for points availability on the Hyatt site. It looks pretty wide open (as expected given everything that's going on right now).
absoluy is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 8:24 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 860
Did anyone book in for the opening weekend or over the next few weeks?
absoluy is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 8:30 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NYC
Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
It looks like they're now accepting points reservations and have a "buy one night using points, get one free" promo and the BOGO promo likely stacks with the ongoing 15/25% rebate.

This seems to be a pretty good deal if all works out - potentially 48,750 points for two nights for two people (based on 65k per night for two, buy one get one and 25% rebate on the 65k if you have a WOH card). The downside is that some of the facilities (e.g. sauna, steam rooms) are closed and some may be not as comfortable as they would have been pre-COVID (e.g. wearing a mask in the gym).

The BOGO needs to be booked via the phone, but you can search for points availability on the Hyatt site. It looks pretty wide open (as expected given everything that's going on right now).
Unfortunately, the buy one get one promo is only valid for M-R stays. No weekends
mbmd is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 8:31 am
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by mbmd View Post
Unfortunately, the buy one get one promo is only valid for M-R stays. No weekends
Where did you see that? It wasnít mentioned in the T&Cs.
absoluy is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 9:11 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
Did anyone book in for the opening weekend or over the next few weeks?
I'm trying to book for a September weekend

Sample size of 1 Miraval property - but the booking process sucks with them if you need to call in...no one picks up the phone, always have to leave a message (and can't go via your Concierge).
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 9:15 am
  #13  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
I'm trying to book for a September weekend

Sample size of 1 Miraval property - but the booking process sucks with them if you need to call in...no one picks up the phone, always have to leave a message (and can't go via your Concierge).
I tried calling them last week, eventually I got through to someone (after a few attempts) and they were based in the AZ property. So it seems like it's a Miraval thing vs. a specific property thing.

Has your problem with booking just been getting in contact with them or have you also had issues trying to get the BOGO on a weekend night (per mbmd's comment)?
absoluy is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 9:19 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Posts: 20,086
Originally Posted by absoluy View Post
I tried calling them last week, eventually I got through to someone (after a few attempts) and they were based in the AZ property. So it seems like it's a Miraval thing vs. a specific property thing.

Has your problem with booking just been getting in contact with them or have you also had issues trying to get the BOGO on a weekend night (per mbmd's comment)?
No BOGO issues yet but really it's been more just getting in touch with them...left a message yesterday (how quaint!), will see if/when they call back today.
UA-NYC is offline  
Old Jul 20, 20, 9:24 am
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
No BOGO issues yet but really it's been more just getting in touch with them...left a message yesterday (how quaint!), will see if/when they call back today.
I left a voicemail at the very beginning, but never heard back (and I doubt they were sophisticated enough to associate my voicemail with my eventual successful phone call and mark the voicemail as "no follow up needed"). I was told by the Hyatt concierge that the Miraval line opens at 8am EST, so I ended up just calling a few minutes after that to get through to someone.
absoluy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: