Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Shuli
Any chance anyone has a picture of the menu? I'm curious what dinner offerings look like
I do! It never changes too so that's easy . Excellent food. We started most nights with a dozen oysters each.

Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:37 pm

Electronic Devices Policy

Have a stay booked next week, can anyone tell me how strict they are on that? I'm not looking to be having conversations on the phone or interrupting anyone, just want to know if they're going to hassle me for reading on my Kindle app during breakfast or something silly like that.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Have a stay booked next week, can anyone tell me how strict they are on that? I'm not looking to be having conversations on the phone or interrupting anyone, just want to know if they're going to hassle me for reading on my Kindle app during breakfast or something silly like that.

Hi,
We were there for 2 nights in August. As long as you don't have conversations on your phone, you will not get hassled. This was our experience. Relax and enjoy!
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
If they do catch you talking on your phone, don't be surprised if they take it over to the juice bar and do this to it:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...54CD6B4FFF04DC

They are serious!
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:43 pm

I appreciate the input. Sounds like you had a good time -- fairly relaxing property? Also, question regarding the spa here: it seems like the spa is open for individual treatments/massages? Great news if so, but wondering what kind of safety protocols they're using. I've stayed in a few other hotels during the pandemic and all spa services were uniformly cancelled.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:56 am

I appreciate the input. Sounds like you had a good time -- fairly relaxing property? Also, question regarding the spa here: it seems like the spa is open for individual treatments/massages? Great news if so, but wondering what kind of safety protocols they're using. I've stayed in a few other hotels during the pandemic and all spa services were uniformly cancelled.

It is as relaxing or not depending upon how many activities with which you choose to fill up your day! We chose a more relaxing route and didn't overload on activities. However, in August, the weather was warm and we enjoyed the pool area outside. In colder weather, this isn't possible and not too many inside areas to just hang. The spa was open for massages and treatments which we both enjoyed. The locker rooms were not open then but I'm told are now open. As far as safety protocols, there was social distancing, staff cleaning surfaces, extra disposable masks provided. The only issue is a very short van drive across the street for some activities felt a bit too close for comfort but it was literally only a few minutes drive. However, all classes and activities were limited to no more than 8 people.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:46 pm

Thanks -- and you felt comfortable with the massages and treatments, i.e., did they have the appropriate protocols in place? Just wondering, obviously it's not possible to "socially distance" during a massage.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:20 pm

Thanks -- and you felt comfortable with the massages and treatments, i.e., did they have the appropriate protocols in place? Just wondering, obviously it's not possible to "socially distance" during a massage.
As you said, it's not possible to socially distance during a massage. Both the masseuse and my husband and I wore masks during our massages. I felt comfortable putting trust that I am healthy and hoping the masseuse was as well. But we all have to determine our own comfort levels.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
I do! It never changes too so that's easy . Excellent food. We started most nights with a dozen oysters each.

Omg

Thank you so much!!

What's the story with breakfast and lunch?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:48 am

$175 credit question

I’ve seen contradictions about the resort credit. I have 2 nights booked for 2 people. Is the credit $175 each, or total. I know it’s only for the paid night. Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Raskage
I’ve seen contradictions about the resort credit. I have 2 nights booked for 2 people. Is the credit $175 each, or total. I know it’s only for the paid night. Thanks.
$175.00 each
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by surikatina
$175.00 each
Nice! Thanks. Going weekend of 10/2 for 2 nights.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Raskage
$175.00 each
Does the credit apply to award stays?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by avatexrs
Does the credit apply to award stays?
I went under the BOGO for 2 nights @ 65K points. So, if your question is do you get the $175 credit if paid with points, the answer is yes, you get the credit.
If you pay with either points or cash, each guest gets $175 credit to use for each night purchased. The total can be used over the course of your entire stay, not just during the day for which the credit is applied.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I went under the BOGO for 2 nights @ 65K points. So, if your question is do you get the $175 credit if paid with points, the answer is yes, you get the credit.
But only for the one night you "paid" for, to be clear. The second, "free" night does not come with the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.