FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   MGM room booked on hyatt shows night credits, but booked thru MGM doesnt show (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2002993-mgm-room-booked-hyatt-shows-night-credits-but-booked-thru-mgm-doesnt-show.html)

broncophil Jan 6, 2020 2:38 pm

MGM room booked on hyatt shows night credits, but booked thru MGM doesnt show

booked 2 nights in dec via with points on hyatt.com @ the mgm in vegas, they are showing up in my night credits on hyatt.com history.

booked 2 nights late dec on mgm hotel website, paid with cash.. they are not showing up?

i thought i would automatically get credit since my accounts are linked? i did log onto my MLIFE to book, so they should be automatically linked...

is that not the case?

ZBigFam Jan 6, 2020 2:48 pm

You only get credit if you book through hyatt

antonius66 Jan 6, 2020 2:58 pm

I have always booked through MLife and always gotten credits. Have to make sure the Hyatt number is linked in the Mlife account when you check in.

some dude Jan 6, 2020 2:59 pm

You can get credit if booked through MGM, but you need to give your Hyatt # to the front desk at check in.

broncophil Jan 6, 2020 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66 (Post 31916573)
I have always booked through MLife and always gotten credits. Have to make sure the Hyatt number is linked in the Mlife account when you check in.

even though im already tier matched? so they know that im with hyatt also?

maybe im gonna call to get credit

ZBigFam Jan 6, 2020 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by some dude (Post 31916576)
You can get credit if booked through MGM, but you need to give your Hyatt # to the front desk at check in.

Sorry I thought per the terms it needed to be through hyatt.

gengar Jan 6, 2020 3:31 pm

I'm still waiting on credit for a late Dec stay. I've had some recent stays post as quickly as ~6days, but I've waited 10+ days as well.

I suppose it won't hurt to e-mail [email protected] but they're pretty lazy IME and will hide behind the 30-day waiting period.

As others have noted, stays booked through Mlife directly do award points and elite credit. Also, I've never needed to give my WoH number at check-in since my accounts were linked.

Imnotsureyet Jan 6, 2020 4:46 pm

I had a stay in late Dec as well. It takes a little longer to post if booked through MGM...took about 5 days this time. I always make sure to confirm that my WOH number is attached to my reservation at check in. If you're doing it for the first time, you may have to manually get it added even if you tier matched from Hyatt.

broncophil Jan 6, 2020 5:26 pm

thanks for the replies.

I’ll just wait a couple weeks

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 31916708)
I'm still waiting on credit for a late Dec stay. I've had some recent stays post as quickly as ~6days, but I've waited 10+ days as well.

I suppose it won't hurt to e-mail [email protected] but they're pretty lazy IME and will hide behind the 30-day waiting period.

As others have noted, stays booked through Mlife directly do award points and elite credit. Also, I've never needed to give my WoH number at check-in since my accounts were linked.

Originally Posted by Imnotsureyet (Post 31916962)
I had a stay in late Dec as well. It takes a little longer to post if booked through MGM...took about 5 days this time. I always make sure to confirm that my WOH number is attached to my reservation at check in. If you're doing it for the first time, you may have to manually get it added even if you tier matched from Hyatt.

craigthemif Jan 6, 2020 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 31916676)
Sorry I thought per the terms it needed to be through hyatt.

Wrong. You need to have your Hyatt # on your Mlife profile but you can book via mlife. Done it many times...

Just handing over your Hyatt # at check in might not work though.

59Impala Jan 6, 2020 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 31916529)
You only get credit if you book through hyatt

not correct. I have never booked via hyatt.com, always via M-life with the respective discounts. Always got credit.

gravii Jan 6, 2020 11:23 pm

Had a stay checking out on 30 Dec which posted 2 days ago - booked through M life. I've had one previously that never posted though, just submit an online points claim through Hyatt and it's normally sorted fairly quickly.

creativeguess1 Jan 7, 2020 10:03 am

Originally Posted by gravii (Post 31918018)
Had a stay checking out on 30 Dec which posted 2 days ago - booked through M life. I've had one previously that never posted though, just submit an online points claim through Hyatt and it's normally sorted fairly quickly.

My last booking I had thru MLIFE that I didn't receive Hyatt points, they asked I wait 30 days before requesting a back credit. I know it sounds dumb, but I would wait the 30 days, they'll ignore you at 26.

paulTX Jan 7, 2020 2:18 pm

Just email [email protected] and include your Mlife # along with your Hyatt # and the details of your stay.
i did this back in the summer and my points/nights were credited within a couple of days.

Troopers Jan 7, 2020 2:24 pm

DM @Hyattconcierge on twitter.