Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Revival - Baltimore, JdV (LEAVING 03 May 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada

Didn't see this one entered as of yet.

Short review of 1 night stay.
Hotel was very quiet on a Sunday night. Arrived and greeted as Globalist. Told I was getting "upgraded" but it wasn't a suite. I guess it was a corner "view" room - view of the GW Monument. ALthough hard to see the view as the entire structure was covered in scaffolding for exterior construction.
I didn't check if suites were available for sale - most likely yes, but not sure of the exact upgrade details for these new brand hotels. In any event, I wasn't going to make a big deal for 1 night.
Check-in agent said breakfast up on the rooftop (called Topside) - just order and they take it off the bill.

Room was nice size, comfortable.

Breakfast was quite good - not a buffet, you order items from menu. Not sure if they have any limits. I had coffee, juice, and the eggs (typical 2 eggs + meat + potatoes + toast).
Other items on the menu included - Eggs Benedict, French Toast, SW Breakfast Burrito and some "light fare".
Sorry no pics.
cmx likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT Hyatt Diamond AS MVP75K Delta 1MM
Do Globalists get free parking on award reservations at the JVD hotels like the Revival? Was wondering what peoples experience has been.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No reason why they wouldn't...?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hotel Revival Stay: 10/01/19-10/02/19

Shots of Room 1207:

David
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel Revival Stay: 10/01/19-10/02/19

Shots of Washington's Monument and hotel surroundings from Topside Restaurant/Bar and Garden Room:

Fitness Room:

Elevator signage:

Early morning shots from and of Topside:

External shot of the hotel + the cost of self parking in public lot adjacent to hotel:

David
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
I am finishing a 1-night stay. I like the hotel - my room is nice, much like the pics above. Breakfast was great. And though I didn't hear anything about globalist benefits at check-in (which was fine, I knew from this thread) I had a really nice note and amenity in my room. I was pleasantly surprised. I like the boutique-y feel to this hotel. Will definitely stay again if in Baltimore.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Glad to see it on the board

So I am in the middle of my 2nd stay at this property. Last week was a quick one night stay. I found the hotel to Have a sort of elegant chic feel. It is newer to the Hyatt family. the building is well over 100 years old. It previously was an art museum and then also private residences. The remodel was exquisite. They spared no details. For the 2nd week in a row I am in what I believe is called a junior suite. It has a view of the monument and it is a corner Room and ends in 04. I took a bunch of pics today which are added here. I think my only grumble would be that last night at dinner time in the 15th floor restaurant/bar, around 8:30 the lights went down and the music became very loud. Sort of a night club feel rather than dinner feel. The restaurant does have a limited dinner menu, but all high quality products

oddly enough for some, in the ground floor there is a coffee area unused and a diner area converted to weekend karaoke area. They do a bounding weekend business for weddings. Neighborhood is very exquisite and rich.

Last edited by etsmyers; Nov 12, 2019 at 6:08 pm
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What ugly draperies in that junior suite, and I don't like any of the wallpaper in the pictures either.

The bathrooms and bare wood floors remind me of Chicago Athletic Club.
champus likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI/FWIW: Hotel Revival offering free rooms to first responders + low rates for doctors/nurses:

David
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:45 pm

Does anyone know what the standard suite for this property is? The suites page does not say which one is the standard suite.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ma...re/bwijd/rooms
Old May 9, 2021, 8:52 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I looked into this hotel, but just do not like the modern decor or the style. Probably book the HR Inner Harbor instead.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Have stayed a few times here. Good value on points, terrific neighborhood location for sightseeing - walking distance to the Amtrak station and major arts points of interest (Walters, Peabody, symphony). The interior decor isn't 100% my style, but whatever.

Globalist perks:
- Breakfast in the lower-level restaurant was comped at the restaurant's register
- Self-parking is in a secured garage two blocks away. Ask at the front desk about it, and they'll lend you a garage door opener to get in, and give you a tiny slip of paper with a door code for re-entry. Usual fee is $24.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:27 am
pjs

Originally Posted by paytonc
Have stayed a few times here. Good value on points, terrific neighborhood location for sightseeing - walking distance to the Amtrak station and major arts points of interest (Walters, Peabody, symphony). The interior decor isn't 100% my style, but whatever.

Globalist perks:
- Breakfast in the lower-level restaurant was comped at the restaurant's register
- Self-parking is in a secured garage two blocks away. Ask at the front desk about it, and they'll lend you a garage door opener to get in, and give you a tiny slip of paper with a door code for re-entry. Usual fee is $24.
I booked 3 rooms on points (since it was 9500 or $200 vs 15k or $300 for HR) for a family event in Baltimore in late April. My concierge said they don't honor free parking for Globalists and that only one room would get free breakfast (that part I understand). Any reason I should switch us to HR and burn two 1-4 certs plus 60k points vs. 57k points for the 3 rooms at Revival? Revival is a bit closer to where we need to be on Saturday (Reservoir Hill neighborhood). Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by pjs
My concierge said they don't honor free parking for Globalists and that only one room would get free breakfast (that part I understand)
DP: Late last year they did gave me free parking on a Glob award stay. I had to remind the front desk at check-out and show them WoH terms.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:16 am
pjs

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
DP: Late last year they did gave me free parking on a Glob award stay. I had to remind the front desk at check-out and show them WoH terms.
thanks - I saw someone else posted that as well - I assume that it's due to the separate garage, so maybe it's officially they won't pay but if you ask they may do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.