Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:13 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Booked when it was Luxury Collection- will visit when Grand Hyatt

Will report back
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:05 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Hyatt.com shows that Grand Hyatt Vail is category 7 - same as Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. Interesting to see them on the same tier. PHBC is right in the BC village with more stuffs to do and eat. They have much more expansive pool, hot tubs, and gym. From my experience in the past, breakfast at PHBC was FAR superior than Hotel Talisa's. We will see how Hyatt will change, if anything, to the GH Vail.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sawasdee
Hyatt.com shows that Grand Hyatt Vail is category 7 - same as Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. Interesting to see them on the same tier. PHBC is right in the BC village with more stuffs to do and eat. They have much more expansive pool, hot tubs, and gym. From my experience in the past, breakfast at PHBC was FAR superior than Hotel Talisa's. We will see how Hyatt will change, if anything, to the GH Vail.
Cat 7 feels high for GH Vail. But, during the winter their nightly prepaid rate for the lowest room is still >$1000/nt. So realistically because of how seasonal their prices are it probably does make sense for them to be a Cat 7. It'd be great if they were lower... but for whatever reason Vail is the place to be so it commands a premium even for properties that aren't as high end or have the premium location (in the village)
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:47 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Official Press Release:

Hyatt Expands Into The Heart Of The Colorado Rockies With New Grand Hyatt Hotel In Vail, Colo.

Grand Hyatt Vail marks the luxury Grand Hyatt brand’s first U.S. mountain resortCHICAGO (July 24, 2019)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today the opening of the luxury Grand Hyatt Vail, marking the second Grand Hyatt hotel in Colorado and the first in a U.S. mountain resort destination. The 285-room ski-in/ski-out resort sits at the base of the iconic Vail Mountain on the banks of Gore Creek and offers guests their own ski lift, Chair 20, for convenient access to world-class skiing and snowboarding.

Located in the heart of Vail Valley within the Cascade Village neighborhood, the hotel features bold, vibrant architecture inspired by its scenic locale and welcoming service, with exclusive amenities ideal for both leisure travelers and conference attendees alike.

Continue Reading

• Grand Hyatt Vail Guest Room

• Grand Hyatt Vail Exterior

• Grand Hyatt Vail Lobby
Designed by the acclaimed LEO A DALY firm, Grand Hyatt Vail completed an extensive multi-million-dollar renovation in 2018. Influenced by the area’s surrounding mountains and history, the hotel’s contemporary guestrooms and common areas offer guests an elevated modern retreat with clean lines, gentle curves and subdued patterns with rich wood, stone and leather textures. The hotel’s artwork and unique interior design touchpoints pay homage to The Southern Ute Native American tribe through local artists and artisans. Striking floor-to-ceiling windows and thoughtful use of lighting and natural materials beckon travelers to pursue their inner adventurer. With more than 30,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meetings and event space, the property provides a great venue for everything from an intimate leadership retreat to theatrical events, weddings and more. The property also features Vail Residences at Cascade Village, comprised of 84 multimillion-dollar rental homes and condominiums which will be managed by Hyatt. Prior to becoming Grand Hyatt Vail, the hotel was branded as Hotel Talisa.

Also announced today is Grand Hyatt Vail’s leadership team: General Manager Dan Johnson and Director of Sales, Marketing & Events Vincent Vito. Johnson joins Grand Hyatt Vail from Hyatt Regency Austin where he served as general manager for the 448-room hotel. This year, he celebrates his 25th anniversary with Hyatt. Vito, an enthusiastic and effective sales leader with more than 23 years of experience, joins from Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, where he served in the same role.

“The Grand Hyatt brand celebrates the iconic in small details and magnificent moments, and Grand Hyatt Vail will confidently deliver on this promise,” said Grand Hyatt Vail General Manager Dan Johnson. “We are excited to bring the Grand Hyatt brand to the captivating destination of Vail and look forward to delivering moments of more for our guests, new colleagues, the Vail community, loyal World of Hyatt members, and beyond.”

Grand Hyatt Vail comprises three dining options including Gessner, the property’s signature three-meal restaurant. The menu is inspired by the mountain cuisines of the Colorado Rockies complemented by an award-winning wine program. The Fireside Lounge overlooks Gore Creek and its vast mountain vistas with floor-to-ceiling windows. Menu options include small bites and soul-warming soups, burgers and flatbreads, as well as a hot chocolate bar and innovative cocktails. The Market offers gourmet-to-go meals and snacks for those on the run.

The Spa at the Grand Hyatt Vail offers 10 well-appointed therapy rooms featuring treatments inspired by nature, a tranquil relaxation room overlooking Gore Creek and the nearby mountains, an upscale full-service salon, spa retail boutique and more. The Spa leads out to the resort’s creek-side infinity pool, hot tubs and firepits. The property features the freestanding 58,000-square foot Aria Club, which will be managed by the Grand Hyatt Vail team. Offering a full array of cardio equipment, group fitness classes, personal training and an outdoor saline pool and sundeck, The Aria Club is the largest fitness facility in Vail. Grand Hyatt Vail works with Venture Sports, which operates the ski valet and provides equipment at the hotel for all types of outdoor adventures. The location offers access to some of the most picturesque hiking and mountain biking trails as well as challenging whitewater rafting, golf and more.

To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn double World of Hyatt points on room rate and eligible incidental charges when paying the Double Your Points rate through August 31, 2019. Guests must be a World of Hyatt Member and request points for the stay. Not valid with groups or conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Valid for one room per member per stay. Terms & conditions apply.

Rates currently start at $199 per night with ski season (December through March) rates starting at $699 per night. For more information or to book a stay at the new Grand Hyatt Vail, please visit www.grandhyattvail.com or call 970-476-7111.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
HR Austin has been good to Globalists. This GM selection bodes well.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dpb132
HR Austin has been good to Globalists. This GM selection bodes well.
Great news. I wonder if hotel can retain guest history during system migration? They need to migrate to Hyatt system (is it still OPERA?) but I hope they can retain my past stay history. I am tired of being asked "is this your first stay?" while I have been there dozens of times and can recall better rooms/suites by number. I have stayed under Westin, Destination, Intercontinental Partners, Cascade, Talisa.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:37 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Great news. I wonder if hotel can retain guest history during system migration? They need to migrate to Hyatt system (is it still OPERA?) but I hope they can retain my past stay history. I am tired of being asked "is this your first stay?" while I have been there dozens of times and can recall better rooms/suites by number. I have stayed under Westin, Destination, Intercontinental Partners, Cascade, Talisa.
I wouldn't hold my breath ... It seems Hyatt's system hides this information extremely well. I stay at 1 property at least once a month, and am almost always asked "Is this your first stay?"
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I'll report back on this one in about 3 weeks. I just became aware that it is a Grand hyatt now. I typically stay in the Village during the enter winter, but if I can get points on stays now, I suspect that I will be staying here much more often this winter especially if they take care of top levels. Sadly, after the change in status, I let Hyatt lapse so I am going to have to climb the ladder again unless they honor at status match from Marriott.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:11 pm

They should hire better staff to draft a clear cancellation policy for the Standard Rate rather than this crap:

Cancellation Policy
To Avoid One Night Non-Ref Deposit Cancel 7dys Prior
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Anyone know why we can book through April 2020 but not in May or after?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any recent stay reports? Glob treatment? I assume parking free and no resort fees on award stays?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Travelzoo for $139

Books through Hyatt.com so valid for benefits and room nights:

https://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/sea...5-Off-2806884/
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Books through Hyatt.com so valid for benefits and room nights:

https://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/sea...5-Off-2806884/
Sexy deal for ski season -
Discounted Rate:Complimentary Valet Parking: Resort Fee Waived: Tax Excluded VALID: 03OCT19 - 25APR20 BLACKOUT DATES: 20DEC19-04JAN20 14FEB20-16FEB20 08MAR20-18MAR20 02APR20-04APR20 -Full prepayment required at booking -Non-refundable
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just booked here over Veterans Day weekend to use an expiring Cat1-7 cert. other 2 nights were so cheap couldn’t justify using points. Booked on corporate rate that is slightly higher then the special and is cancellable, but the inclusion of parking is a huge plus for this rate. Bookable directly on Hyatt site without going thru travelzoo (saw it while booking yesterday)
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just booked here over Veterans Day weekend to use an expiring Cat1-7 cert. other 2 nights were so cheap couldn’t justify using points. Booked on corporate rate that is slightly higher then the special and is cancellable, but the inclusion of parking is a huge plus for this rate. Bookable directly on Hyatt site without going thru travelzoo (saw it while booking yesterday)
My plans are pretty firm now, so I can stomach the prepayment/no cancellation and switched the last two nights to this rate. $139/night with parking included

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.