Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Murano Venice REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Murano Venice REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Oi... but what is the purpose of being able to get between the hotel and the airport but not really to Venice?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Oi... but what is the purpose of being able to get between the hotel and the airport but not really to Venice?
You can easily get to Venice by ACTV public boats, it is just not complimentary. ACTV boat dock happens to be right in front of Hyatt. Line 4.2 runs every 20 minutes from around 430am to midnight.

IMHO, the reason to stay at Hyatt Murano is either you want to visit Murano or you are on limited budget. Some people do find Murano interesting and make day trips from Venice. For me, I wanted to try out a new Hyatt as well as to visit Murano. Perfect combinations. I have been to Venice several times but never been to Murano.
3rdworldresident likes this.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 14, 2019 at 1:53 pm
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by TerryK
You can easily get to Venice by ACTV public boats, it is just not complimentary. ACTV boat dock happens to be right in front of Hyatt. Line 4.2 runs every 20 minutes from around 430am to midnight.

IMHO, the reason to stay at Hyatt Murano is either you want to visit Murano or you are on limited budget. Some people do find Murano interesting and make day trips from Venice. For me, I wanted to try out a new Hyatt as well as to visit Murano. Perfect combinations. I have been to Venice several times but never been to Murano.
Same. I've been to Venice a bunch and like the islands and believe it will be cooler and quieter than the rest of the city. I'm only there for one night and am looking forward to the quiet. I am also requesting information about the "free" transport from airport to hotel, but not counting on it working for the time I'm getting in. I'm a big kid and can take public transportation. Ditto for taking the regular ACTV to get to train station the following day. I hope this place works out. We haven't been to Venice for over 20 years and if the location works, we'll be back.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lalala
............I am also requesting information about the "free" transport from airport to hotel, but not counting on it working for the time I'm getting in.............
You can request comp airport transfer using this link.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...DTjhw/viewform

Transfer is based boat availability without a set schedule. Hope it works for you.

Last edited by TerryK; Jul 28, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I requested a transfer and they reserved a water taxi that will depart the airport three hours after I land. That's a hard pass for me. I emailed them and told them I would find my own way to the hotel via the blue line and am only 7 euros poorer, but two hours richer in time.

I realize there is some walking, but am going to be okay.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:23 pm

Hi,

I really liked my stay at the Centric and definitely would return. The rooms and the hallways remind me a lot of the Andaz Wall Street. I found the rooms large and well appointed for my stay. There was a empty fridge which was a bonus if one wished to cool water or other things. The bathroom was clean and had those bee-friendly and MI- free toiletries I've seen in other Centrics and I really liked. I didn't have much of a view, which is a known issue for the hotel, but was okay for me. The hotel is quiet, clean and cool (the AC worked). All these things were crucial for me. While they arranged a water taxi for me, I got in early enough to pick up the Alilunga Blue line which leaves on the half hour from the airport. While Murano is the first stop, it doesn't stop at the hotel like the water taxi or the orange line, so I did have to walk about 600 m and over one bridge. My bag was light, so it wasn't an issue for me.

Murano is magical when the tourists leave. Quiet, pleasant, very instagrammable and interesting to see the side streets and campos. I was able to get into and out of Venice (mostly around the Arsenale, Canna regio and Dorsudoro) without any issues. My second day I took the ferry to Mazzodoro, walked to Burano and then took the ferry to Torcello for lunch. I returned to Murano in the middle of the afternoon when many of the day trippers were returning to Venice. BOY HOWDY, the lines for the vaporetto were ridiculous.

As stated earlier, the 4.1/4.2 stop directly in front of the hotel which was great for getting across the big water and to the rialto or grand canal when you needed it.

Would definitely stay there again.

lala
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Nice enough hotel but not great for families

Just returned from a three night stay with my wife and two young kids. Traveled with my two kids, so as a family of four you must book two rooms. As a globalist they upgraded me to a waterfront suite, and for the second room two twin beds down the hall. We were in room 100. If you get that room as your upgrade - DON"T TAKE THE SUITE UPGRADE, and just have a standard room. The suite was huge with two bathrooms, a large living room and a king size bed. However you can hear absolutely everything that is going on in the waterfront.

As we were travelling with our young kids, I let my wife take the suite with my daughter, while I took the room down the hall to stay with my other daughter. The hotel has no rooms with connecting doors. They also only give you one key! In the morning I kept hearing knocking at the door. Strange I thought for housekeeping to knock at doors at 7:30 and 8:00 am. However I later learned that it was other guests with kids, who were doing the same as us, walking back down the hall to reunite in the morning with their other family members. No big deal but again not really very nice for families.

The next night my wife said I could take the suite. Strange I thought as the suite is a beautiful room overlooking the water. What I learned is that the noise from the ferry which runs throughout the night and the noise of the engine sounds like its in the room. As well any guests who are talking by the ferry dock you can hear every word they say. The ferry comes about every 20 minutes until about 2 or 3 in the morning. I thought I must have left the window open, but when I opened the window it was actually a little louder. For this reason, if you are a globalist and get upgraded to the suite don't take it unless you have good ear plugs.

Another strange thing is that you only get 1 key. When you leave not only do the lights go out but all plugs stop working too. So phones and laptops etc can't charge.

Breakfast for globalists is in the restaurant and is nice, not excellent, but generally good. It is located in a bit of a dungeon few if any windows, BUT it is possible to get a seat outside in a pretty courtyard which made it much nicer. Reasonable choice of pastries, fruit, yogurt, eggs etc.

Also another tip - if you come to Venice and want to stay at this hotel, fly don't take the train to Venice. An excellent perk is that they have an excellent water taxi service to and from the airport which is complimentary. I would recommend using the form TerryK put and they will respond with a pickup time and drop off time. Worked well for us, I put a request just two days before we arrived and they picked us up from the airport at 11:30 am, and took us to our flight a couple of days later at 10:30. Also after you check in, they can arrange with limited availability Hyatt water taxi to Venice as well. We used that, and on days when they didn't have available or good times, we just took the very simple ferry from Venice.

The ferry dock to Venice is right in front of the hotel and runs every 10-15 minutes during the day, and maybe 20 minutes at night. Very simple and easy to use, except slightly pricey. I think about 10 euros each, for a one way trip. We enjoyed Murano especially at night where after 7pm, vitrually a ghost town with most shops closed and tourists from Venice gone, and just a few nice enough restaurants open.

Again as a category 3 hotel, solid value. If travelling with a family, especially with younger kids, I would not choose this hotel. If I was going to visit Venice again with my wife, it would be a solid choice, especially if I was flying into and out of Venice airport.

I would shy against taking the suite upgrade especially if it is room 100, the waterfront suite unless you are a very sound sleeper and can sleep through the noise of people talking and ferry engines roaring all through the night.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Will their shuttle do an early morning 4am departure from the hotel to the airport (6:30am flight)? It looks like the public taxi doesn't leave until 4:50am at the earliest.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frudd38
Will their shuttle do an early morning 4am departure from the hotel to the airport (6:30am flight)? It looks like the public taxi doesn't leave until 4:50am at the earliest.
No. It only runs during the daytime from 9am to 8pm.

If you cannot go by public transport either, then just book a water taxi. Costly but it works.

To the property:
We have been there some days ago.
I know the property back from the time as it was still a MGallery. It is way better now, has gotten upgraded furniture in it's public areas and a general mild redesign.
From my personal view, I would say the property is in a better condition now as it has been back then.

Hotel is a nice and very cheap spot for Venice tourism.
Breakfast is served, which we generally prefer. However, it is very limited in selection and quality.
​​​
​​​​​We had one dinner in the hotel, which was OK but a little bit expensive.

Had a Duplex Suite (with bedroom above at the gallery) and found the room very nice generally. Don't expect any views out of your room windows, though. It is built into the historical walls of a former factory, with the result, that the position of the former factory windows and the windows of the hotel don't match, so you often have looks directly onto a wall.
​​​​

Bye
frudd38 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Deleting my entire post because the room service I was forced into because carrying out food is "dangerous" came at zero expense... besides the five euro I found for the guy who brought it. I'll now give this property a 9 Given that there aren't many posts or comments on the property, feel free to reach out if you have questions.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: WOH Glob
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Deleting my entire post because the room service I was forced into because carrying out food is "dangerous" came at zero expense... besides the five euro I found for the guy who brought it. I'll now give this property a 9 Given that there aren't many posts or comments on the property, feel free to reach out if you have questions.
I wish you hadn't deleted, I'm curious to know what happened--headed there in September.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by TIVAgal
I wish you hadn't deleted, I'm curious to know what happened--headed there in September.
I was angry I was told it was too dangerous to order my 12 euro Lasagna to go and take it to the room myself, so I shared about it and then listed other minor complaints like how there's no proper desk chair for the room (all chairs on the property sit very low) and how it felt like there was a CHANCE they were playing "no suite upgrade" available games. But since the room service charge was free, I decided to recant, LOL. Overall it's a nice stay and I just extended by 2 more days. Let me know if you have any specific questions, Venice and this hotel and being located on Murano are quite unique! Oh, and you MUST go to Burano, the rainbow island, if you haven't heard of it... Google

And oh, the dinner restaurant makes the BEST small chicken with pepper and lime sauce, if they have it on the menu when you come. Also be grateful you are coming when it isn't 97 degrees out...
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: WOH Glob
So, our plan is to hike for 10 days in the dolomites, arrive to venice and stay in one of the fancy FHR amex hotels for a couple of nights, then move to murano centric for last two nights. Would welcome any advice.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
What's Globalist breakfast like Carolina2Cali ?

Have a 2 night booking here (18k) and the Hilton Stucky (140k) and its tough to choose between them, the exec lounge and rooftop pool are swaying me towards the latter.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by TIVAgal
So, our plan is to hike for 10 days in the dolomites, arrive to venice and stay in one of the fancy FHR amex hotels for a couple of nights, then move to murano centric for last two nights. Would welcome any advice.
Venice is an unusual city, literally no cars and so you have to haul your luggage around on boats... water ferries, private expensive taxis, etc. I am not sure I'd enjoy doing a 2+2 for this location unless you packed light. Not the end of the world, but consider why you are splitting up your stay before you do it. If you stay on Murano, you'll definitely want to buy the 3 or 7 day travel pass card as Murano doesn't have a ton of things to do besides visit the glass museum and shop for glass. The churches on Murano were underwhelming and half undergoing some sort of restoration which renders their best element not-accessible. They DO offer free private taxi service to or from the airport to their very own dock, so if you are flying in and/or out do schedule with them as soon as you know your flight details. They run it maybe once an hour-ish, subject to availability, from maybe 9 am to 6 pm.

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
What's Globalist breakfast like Carolina2Cali ?

Have a 2 night booking here (18k) and the Hilton Stucky (140k) and its tough to choose between them, the exec lounge and rooftop pool are swaying me towards the latter.
So, I am not a huge breakfast person (I was working while there from 6 pm to 3 am) but I did have it there once. It was lovely. Definitely missing the American bacon, instead giving you a sopping light pink meat plus tons of other Italian meats, olives, croissants of various flavors... cereals... not quite Park Hyatt Milan level but it was certainly reasonable enough to me! Breakfast ends promptly at 1030 am but if you get there at 1020 you can load up and then sit for an hour, just not much by way of food or beverage refills.
ChurnieEls and TIVAgal like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.